KMUD: September 2009 The Ten Most Toxic Things In Our Food

milk_lover

Ray Peat is not very fond of starch. It's very clear in this interview. @Westside PUFAs, what do you think?

It's interesting that Peat mentioned along with thyroid, progesterone is good for glycogen stores. I am guessing pregnenolone for men would have a similar role.

Ray Peat is not very fond of starch. It's very clear in this interview. @Westside PUFAs, what do you think?

Nothing I haven't heard before. I already addressed his use of Volkheimer here:

Persorption Of Starch?

Feeding lab mice raw starch is not the same as a human eating boiled/steamed non-flour starch.

And it's not so clear, as you say, when he said "I think it's best to eat as much sugar and starch," at 3:13. Yes, he then says "preferably" fruit and milk but he still said "get as much starch."

Xisca

Appart rom choosing your food well, appart from quality, such as pastured raised animals, he insists on the right way of cooking!
I think it is not said enough about peat's ideas, but this is very important!
Cook potatoes 1h, cook corn with lime like masa harina, cook mushrooms long too,
do not eat RAW: orange pulp nor any fruit with pectine or unripe....
eat raw carrot, eat it, and do not juice it...
He tells how he removes fat from bacon...

Agent207

Life is more than put that much of your time for every single detail on perfecting food at that level. Im on the side to have a little more time to do a healthier eating habbits than average, but the othre extreme I don't see it. Not everyone has all the time Peat or older people have to dedicate to just food. Food is one aspect of life, but there are more aspects that impact on general health and equilibrium is key. You may have work, kids, partner time, friends, joy time, relax time... etc. Food is another important part too, but everything is important.

Sacrificing time from other important things for 1hour cooking, or caring for removing all pulp from juice, etc... maybe for some with plenty of time and passion is OK. Between that, and eating processed junk food on daily basis for save time, I think there are better sweet spots.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals