KMUD: Carbon Monoxide

kiran

I think the facebook page provides some hints. The advertising is accurate, it is indeed 'herb'al.

kettlebell

Ray-Z said:
Good show. There's something kind of endearing about KMUD's amateurishness. :D

Is anyone else curious about the show's mysterious sponsor, "Golden Dragon Medicinal Syrup"? What do you suppose are the ingredients? :eek:

It has cannabis compounds in it apparently.

Considering on the Golden Dragon Medicinal Syrup facebook page they promote the book "Marijuana gateway to health: How Canabis protects us from Cancer and Alzheimers disease" Im not sure what their context is.

I know nothing about cannabis so can't really comment.

kettlebell

Why do Sarah and Andrew skip between the word "Herbal" and sometimes "Erbal" They seem to miss the H out quite often?

One of my favourite interviews was when they has a meltdown in the studio and everything stopped working and they lost Dr Peat and callers and everything went wrong. That was gold, their engineers are brilliant because they often bring some comedy to the interviews.

Ray-Z

Cannabis, eh? I was way off. My guess was desiccated naughty bits of the rhinoceros.

I do like the image of people munching Fritos and trying to make sense of Ray Peat while completely baked. :mrgreen:

kettlebell said:
One of my favourite interviews was when they has a meltdown in the studio and everything stopped working and they lost Dr Peat and callers and everything went wrong. That was gold, their engineers are brilliant because they often bring some comedy to the interviews.

Yes! The audio problems are comedy gold, especially because Sarah and Andrew go to such great lengths to try to accommodate their callers.

The producer's interruptions are also pretty funny. Perhaps I'm being unfair, but the producer seems to think he's a key part of the show. :D

Birdie

kettlebell said:
Why do Sarah and Andrew skip between the word "Herbal" and sometimes "Erbal" They seem to miss the H out quite often?

There are 2 pronunciations for "herbal". I pronounce it with the "h" silent. They possibly learned it that way in school in the UK.

They also say "beeta" sometimes for "beta". Or, at least she does. Oh, and "eestrogen" sometimes comes up.

Jellyfish

chris said:
Oh my goodness, 33:30 "Are you the guy on the internet... theres a photo of you and you look all, like you've been working out or something?" Literally did a double-listen on that question.
I think he meant Ray Peat fans group facebook photo :lol:

kiran

ltu01001 said:
chris said:
Oh my goodness, 33:30 "Are you the guy on the internet... theres a photo of you and you look all, like you've been working out or something?" Literally did a double-listen on that question.
I think he meant Ray Peat fans group facebook photo :lol:

I'd put some money on Rai Peet fer sure.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The engineer needs his own show. :lol:

J

j.

chris said:

chris

I thought of that picture, a guy from Peatarian has it as his avatar but surely that wouldn't fool anyone? The face and chest skin colouring is so different.

chris said:
I thought of that picture, a guy from Peatarian has it as his avatar but surely that wouldn't fool anyone? The face and chest skin colouring is so different.

I wouldn't put it past that caller.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Yes, from what Ray Peat was saying, the diet directly affected the percentage of PUFA's in the animal. An animal fed a non grain, normal foraging diet would be optimal to eat.
Yeah. If we stick to ruminant animals we get less pufa, since they process a lot of it out for us. Beef for example is good that way.

I was disappointed that our butcher told me that only the pork neck bones still contain the thyroid gland, but it is removed from beef and everything else before it's delivered. Maybe some legality. I don't know... They always have a calf hanging which takes getting used to. :) And I say this though I spent much time on a farm growing up.

LucyL

Re: KMUD: Carbon Monoxide Key Topics

Listening to this one again...
Light Exposure
heme oxygenase
fish oil
chronic poisoning
liver cleanse
thyroid
darkness
PUFA
mitochondria