KMUD: Carbon Monoxide

chris

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
437
Age
28
Location
UK
Re: KMUD: Carbon Monoxide

Thanks for this Charlie, need to give it a listen tonight.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
Re: KMUD: Carbon Monoxide

chris said:
Thanks for this Charlie, need to give it a listen tonight.

:rockout

Well, I have often wondered why when I get up in the morning, and go to cook my breakfast, I start sneezing around the time I cook my breakfast. Just learned today from Ray Peat that propane stoves give off carbon monoxide, which releases an enzyme in your body which blocks or stops the energy production of the mitochondria. :(
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
Just listened to all of it.
Thanks, Charlie.

Kinda makes one a little distrustful of that big metal box in one's kitchen, eh?
It's always something! :?
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
Yeh, always something. :(

I will always be using my exhaust fan now, and will crack my windows during the winter. It's worse in the winter because we are all closed up with the windows closed.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
That's it, I will be hiding in KB's suitcase.
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
GamestopDorito said:
The caller around the 30 minute mark was mad funny.

Ha--Yeah. He was pretty pathetic and all-over-the-lot.
It was cool how nice they all managed to be with him.

It was also interesting what they, especially the woman (is that Jeannie Ruben?),
were saying about pigs and pig fat.
That back in the day when they were not fed soybeans and corn and other PUFA,
their fat was solid like butter at room temp.
They said the same with chickens.

Are pigs ruminants?
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
Ha, narouz, you just strengthened my argument I am going to post over in your instinctual thread, thanks! :cool: ;)

These are the hosts of the show"

"With herbologists Sarah and Andrew Murray"

They are married, IIRC.
 

gretchen

Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Messages
816
Re: KMUD: Carbon Monoxide

Charlie said:
chris said:
Thanks for this Charlie, need to give it a listen tonight.

:rockout

Well, I have often wondered why when I get up in the morning, and go to cook my breakfast, I start sneezing around the time I cook my breakfast. Just learned today from Ray Peat that propane stoves give off carbon monoxide, which releases an enzyme in your body which blocks or stops the energy production of the mitochondria. :(

So interesting. I guess I'm glad I have an electric stove. .....Many years ago, I was macrobiotic; they for some reason believe food must be cooked on a gas stove in order to be "balanced" energetically.
 

kiran

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
1,054
I listened to it live high quality, the quality is so much better. Now I'm regretting not having saved it from the stream.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
kiran, if you are able to do that, then please do so and we can post it up here.

I go to sleep before the show airs, so no way for me to grab it.
 

Birdie

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Messages
1,945
Location
USA
narouz said:
GamestopDorito said:
The caller around the 30 minute mark was mad funny.

Ha--Yeah. He was pretty pathetic and all-over-the-lot.
It was cool how nice they all managed to be with him.

It was also interesting what they, especially the woman (is that Jeannie Ruben?),
were saying about pigs and pig fat.
That back in the day when they were not fed soybeans and corn and other PUFA,
their fat was solid like butter at room temp.
They said the same with chickens.

Are pigs ruminants?
No.
Remember the refrying bacon in coconut oil. Wouldn't need to if pigs were ruminants. Wish they were!!
Yes, Charlie is right. That was Sara or Sarah Murray. They met in school.
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
Birdie said:
narouz said:
GamestopDorito said:
The caller around the 30 minute mark was mad funny.

Ha--Yeah. He was pretty pathetic and all-over-the-lot.
It was cool how nice they all managed to be with him.

It was also interesting what they, especially the woman (is that Jeannie Ruben?),
were saying about pigs and pig fat.
That back in the day when they were not fed soybeans and corn and other PUFA,
their fat was solid like butter at room temp.
They said the same with chickens.

Are pigs ruminants?
No.
Remember the refrying bacon in coconut oil. Wouldn't need to if pigs were ruminants. Wish they were!!
Yes, Charlie is right. That was Sara or Sarah Murray. They met in school.

I thought that was the case,
but the way they were talking about the goodness of the old-fashioned, non-PUFA fed lard
made me think they were saying that lard would be good for you.

Well...Peat did say that the fat would reflect directly what the fat of the feed was,
so...by that way of thinking it wouldn't matter if the animal was ruminant or not.
This is a bit confusing to me.

Maybe the value of eating only ruminants nowadays is that you're sortuv guaranteed to some extent
that despite the diet
the meat from that animal will still be mostly saturated.

And maybe...if you fed a pig only apples and grass and non-PUFA stuff as they describe...
then it might be okay to eat pig.
And chicken, for that matter, or whatever.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
Yes, from what Ray Peat was saying, the diet directly affected the percentage of PUFA's in the animal. An animal fed a non grain, normal foraging diet would be optimal to eat.
 

chris

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
437
Age
28
Location
UK
Oh my goodness, 33:30 "Are you the guy on the internet... theres a photo of you and you look all, like you've been working out or something?" Literally did a double-listen on that question.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,625
Location
USA
Yeh Ray got a laugh out of that one. :lol:
 

Ray-Z

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
321
Good show. There's something kind of endearing about KMUD's amateurishness. :D

Is anyone else curious about the show's mysterious sponsor, "Golden Dragon Medicinal Syrup"? What do you suppose are the ingredients? :eek:
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
burtlancast Carbon Monoxide, Kmud, 2013 Audio Interview Transcripts 3
Lejeboca Ray Peat Interview KMUD - 10pm ET, Dec 18 2020 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 24
C Ray Peat Interview KMUD - 10pm ET, Oct 16 2020 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 7
Energizer Ray Peat Interview KMUD Friday Talk 7/17/20 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 21
Dan Wich Ray Peat Interview KMUD: 3-20-2020 Coronavirus KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 14
Dan Wich Ray Peat Interview KMUD: 2-21-2020 Vibrations/Frequencies Part 2 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 32
Giraffe Vaccines & Immunity 2 - KMUD, 2014-07-18 Audio Interview Transcripts 0
Dan Wich KMUD: 1-17-2020 Vibrations/Frequencies KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 8
Dan Wich KMUD: 12-20-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 0
Dan Wich KMUD: 11-15-2019 Tryptophan KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 6
Dan Wich KMUD: 10-19-2019 Brain "Barriers" KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 6
Dan Wich KMUD: 9-20-2019 Education And Reeducation KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 6
Dan Wich KMUD: 8-16-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 4
Dan Wich KMUD: 7-19-2019 Herbalist Sophie Lamb KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 4
Dan Wich KMUD: 6-21-2019 Postpartum Depression KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 17
Dan Wich KMUD: 5-17-2019 Pollution KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 4-19-2019 Particles KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 7
Dan Wich KMUD: 3-15-2019 Viruses KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 2
Dan Wich KMUD: 2-15-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 8
Dan Wich KMUD: 1-18-2019 Skin Cancer Part 3 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 20
Dan Wich KMUD: 12-21-2018 Skin Cancer Part 2 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 11-16-2018 Skin Cancer KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 19
Dan Wich KMUD: 10-19-2018 Medical Misinformation KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 2
Dan Wich KMUD: 9-21-2018 Evidence Based Medicine KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 8
Dan Wich KMUD: 8-17-2018 Critical Thinking In Academia KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 14
x-ray peat KMUD Alarm Clock KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 28
Dan Wich KMUD: 7-20-2018 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 2
Dan Wich KMUD: 6-15-2018 Positive Thinking, Sleep, And Repair KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 12
Dan Wich KMUD: 5-18-2018 Progesterone Vs Estrogen, Listener Questions (Part 2) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 8
Dan Wich KMUD: 4-20-2018 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 3-16-2018 Progesterone Vs Estrogen, Listener Questions KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 11
Dan Wich KMUD: 2-16-2018 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 4
Dan Wich KMUD: 1-19-18 Female Hormones / Progesterone KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 9
Dan Wich KMUD: 12-15-17 Diagnosis KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 11-17-17 [Replaced By Pledge Drive] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 5
Dan Wich KMUD 10-20-17 Economics KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 56
Dan Wich KMUD: 9-15-17 California Proposition 65 KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 1
Dan Wich KMUD 7-21-17 Language And Criticism, Estrogen (Part 2) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 17
Dan Wich KMUD 6-16-17 Language And Criticism, Estrogen KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 15
burtlancast Endocrinology Part 3, KMUD, 2017 Audio Interview Transcripts 9
Dan Wich KMUD: 5-19-17 Endocrinology (Part 3) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 4
burtlancast Vaccines And Immunity 1 And 2 - KMUD, 2014 Audio Interview Transcripts 15
SQu KMUD 170317 Endocrinology, Parkinson's 1 Audio Interview Transcripts 7
Dan Wich KMUD: 4-21-17 Endocrinology (Part 2) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 3-17-17 Endocrinology (Part 1): Parkinson's KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 19
Dan Wich KMUD: 2-17-17 The Precautionary Principle (Part 2) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 17
Dan Wich KMUD: 1-20-17 The Precautionary Principle (Part 1) KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 12-16-16 Food KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 20
Giraffe Uses Of Urea - KMUD, 2015-02-20 Audio Interview Transcripts 1
Giraffe Vitamin D - KMUD, 2016-11-18 Audio Interview Transcripts 10

Similar threads

Top