KMUD 7-21-17 Language And Criticism, Estrogen (Part 2)

Dan W

Attachments

• kmud-170721-language-criticism-estrogen-part2.mp3
    13.1 MB · Views: 305
Last edited:

Wagner83

Could the forums organize a donation the way it had for Ray's gift ? After all it is the one audio resource of Ray that has been ongoing so frequently and for so long, even though there are some things which could be discussed in a different way.

Peatful

This is gold.

I am going to explore Carla Rothenberg.
Any one want to steer me in a certain direction regarding her work?

meatbag

This is gold.

She wrote a paper called; "The Rise and Fall of Estrogen Therapy: The History of HRT"

It's online but behind paywalls and stuff

Peatful

She wrote a paper called; "The Rise and Fall of Estrogen Therapy: The History of HRT"

It's online but behind paywalls and stuff
Thx.
This is the paper being discussed here.
Didn't know if she had a library of sorts...Dr. Peat spoils us with so much content....

HDD

This is gold.

I thought I heard Andew say you can contact him for the pdf of her paper. Anyone else catch that?

Queequeg

Has anyone come up with an idea for getting Andrew to simmer down with his soliloquies and let Ray talk a bit more.

Sucrates

http://www.filedropper.com/theriseandfallofestrogentherapy-thehistoryofhrt

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Peatful

I thought I heard Andew say you can contact him for the pdf of her paper. Anyone else catch that?
He did.

GAF

Here it is attached. Grab it before someone decides I violated a rule...

Attachments

• The Rise and Fall of Estrogen Therapy- The History of HRT.pdf
    442.9 KB · Views: 92

alywest

Thanks to Sucrates and GAF for posting that paper. I read it and found it to be an interesting read, however, Rothenburg clearly isn't totally familiar with progesterone and how it plays into all of this. She cites that the addition of "progesterone" increased rates of cancers and such occurring when used in conjunction with estrogen in HRT, however, she fails to make the distinction between actual progesterone and man-made progestins which is what was actually used in the cited studies. To her credit she actually does start using the term "progestins" to describe the actual HRT ingredients, but never mentions that these are actually artificially produced and are not the same thing as progesterone at all. So unfortunately someone reading this who is not informed by the work of Ray Peat might actually read this and think that progesterone is actually a bad thing. Nonetheless it is a very telling paper on the corruption and deceit present in the reporting of the benefits of certain drugs, as well as the way women are made to feel fearful about menopause and how that may direct us from making sound choices about our health.