KMUD: 7-17-15 On The Back Of A Tiger

Discussion in 'KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors' started by Dan Wich, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

I don't understand how people can do that. Doesn't kickstarter protect somehow the buyers from this kind of issues ? I'm not saying they are a fraud (I hope not).

Is it legal to take money from people and not deliver the promised product ?

I don't get it.

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

3. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

Kickstarter is more like investing in creators. You realize that you may never get a refund though if enough backers are upset they could probably go all in to try to make the creator offer some sort of recourse for not following through. For my 25 dollars I'm okay with just having access to the full length interviews.

4. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

One possibility is that they're waiting for all the cast to die so that it becomes more valuable. But the likely one is that they got excited and decided to work beyond what they had initially planned, so it's taking longer and they want to perfect it.

Doubling their number of actors doesn't mean doubling their work, it's much more because they now have to conciliate their availbiality, travels, they'll have multiple clips that will need to be ordered in a meaningful way, and so on.

5. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

I seriously hope Ray doesn't die before they get this film out!

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Brielle, why is the hope only protecting him until the release?

7. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

Because no one know when it is their time to go.. so we can only hope Ray lives to be 120.

8. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

What makes 120 enough?

9. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

I dunno I just picked it since 99.9999999999% of people don't make it that long.

10. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Does you wants to do the chuckle? I has volunteered to help with the.. Swahili subtitles: imagine they're reception to the offer.

11. Mary Lyn

Mary Lyn Member

Raymond Peat is not going to live till 120 when he has been poisoned with pesticide like me. I am surprised he is still going and would not be surprised if he is struggling now.

12. theLaw

theLaw Member

After watching Danny interview them, I think they just got in over their head. They don't seem like bad guys, just confused and unmotivated.

This is why you don't put artists in charge of organizational responsibilities.

Keep in mind that Danny is having his own issues with this new book as his timetable continues to stretch out, so he might sympathize with them.

13. Christopher R.

Christopher R. Member

Good things come to those that wait, It was originally just going to be an interview with Peat, but Peat very wisely directed them to do a wide-ranging documentary on bioenergetic science generally, and now we have a number of invaluable interviews, that wouldn't have existed otherwise, with people who have recently passed on. The footage exists no matter what, and at some point it will be released, so that is a net positive.