KMUD: 7-17-15 On The Back Of A Tiger

Makrosky

I don't understand how people can do that. Doesn't kickstarter protect somehow the buyers from this kind of issues ? I'm not saying they are a fraud (I hope not).

Is it legal to take money from people and not deliver the promised product ?

I don't get it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

InChristAlone

Kickstarter is more like investing in creators. You realize that you may never get a refund though if enough backers are upset they could probably go all in to try to make the creator offer some sort of recourse for not following through. For my 25 dollars I'm okay with just having access to the full length interviews.

Amazoniac

Correct, but they raised over double the minimum...

Typically, all of the costs for a production or any business adventure should be baked into the minimum amount, so that the minimum costs are covered and enough pay for the work put in is covered so that if only the minimum is reached, they can release it and be happy enough with the way it comes out. I would imagine more than double the minimum would be more than enough to finish it in a way that had good quality to finish it, but really, the minimum should have been set to cover all those basics for basic quality production if that is the issue here. If double the minimum still is not enough, then they made same major errors in their estimates/costs on the financial side of things.

I don’t know what exactly is going on, and won’t make judgments, but, financially speaking, that is usually how the financial side of things should go in any business adventure of this kind. I think if such mistakes were made, it would best for them to be more clear about that so that people aren’t too suspicious. Transparency in such cases usually clears these things up, assuming everything is done in good faith.
One possibility is that they're waiting for all the cast to die so that it becomes more valuable. But the likely one is that they got excited and decided to work beyond what they had initially planned, so it's taking longer and they want to perfect it.

Doubling their number of actors doesn't mean doubling their work, it's much more because they now have to conciliate their availbiality, travels, they'll have multiple clips that will need to be ordered in a meaningful way, and so on.

InChristAlone

One possibility is that they're waiting for all the cast to die so that it becomes more valuable. But the likely one is that they got excited and decided to work beyond what they had initially planned, so it's taking longer and they want to perfect it.

Doubling their number of actors doesn't mean doubling their work, it's much more because they now have to conciliate their availbiality, travels, they'll have multiple clips that will need to be ordered in a meaningful way, and so on.
I seriously hope Ray doesn't die before they get this film out!

InChristAlone

Brielle, why is the hope only protecting him until the release?
Because no one know when it is their time to go.. so we can only hope Ray lives to be 120.

InChristAlone

Mary Lyn

Raymond Peat is not going to live till 120 when he has been poisoned with pesticide like me. I am surprised he is still going and would not be surprised if he is struggling now.

theLaw

After watching Danny interview them, I think they just got in over their head. They don't seem like bad guys, just confused and unmotivated.

This is why you don't put artists in charge of organizational responsibilities.

Keep in mind that Danny is having his own issues with this new book as his timetable continues to stretch out, so he might sympathize with them.

Good things come to those that wait, It was originally just going to be an interview with Peat, but Peat very wisely directed them to do a wide-ranging documentary on bioenergetic science generally, and now we have a number of invaluable interviews, that wouldn't have existed otherwise, with people who have recently passed on. The footage exists no matter what, and at some point it will be released, so that is a net positive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals