KMUD: 6-21-2019 Postpartum Depression

L

Lord Cola

I'm grateful that Andrew Murray brought us the interviews with Dr. Peat over the past many years, but I wish he were more succinct. His monologues are getting really long, and weirdly smug; I think most of tune in to listen to Dr. Peat.

LUH 3417

Anyone having an issue playing this? It seems to get past 5 min and then keeps automatically reminding.

lampofred

I'm grateful that Andrew Murray brought us the interviews with Dr. Peat over the past many years, but I wish he were more succinct. His monologues are getting really long, and weirdly smug; I think most of tune in to listen to Dr. Peat.

Yeah I'm starting to dislike these interviews. It feels like Andrew doesn't really care anymore, his first few questions sounded like BS that was just rephrasing the newsletter and pretending to be interested in the topic. And I think Dr. Peat in general is too kind/trusting, but even sounded like he was getting bored/irritated and started cutting over Andrew when he was getting long-winded.

Not Andrew's fault though, it's because of the low cholesterol...

Last edited:
OP
Dan W

Dan W

Anyone having an issue playing this? It seems to get past 5 min and then keeps automatically reminding.
If you're playing it in a browser, you might try clearing your cache in case the download got cut off partway through.

inurendotoxin

HULK-MEME3.jpg

Lejeboca

To everyone who is "starting to dislike these interviews", feeling that Andrew becomes "smug", or who "tune in to listen to Dr. Peat":
This show is called "Ask your herb doctor" and is about Andrew, to promote his practice. I am afraid that Dr. Peat is a bait for Andrew's show. This show is not meant to be an "interview with Dr. Peat, contrary to Jodelle's or ORN's interviews, e.g.

Since I had this sad realization, I stopped being irritated (or stressed) by this show, actually, I stopped listening and started skimming its new episodes.

yerrag

Is ORN somebody I know?

aquaman

To everyone who is "starting to dislike these interviews", feeling that Andrew becomes "smug", or who "tune in to listen to Dr. Peat":
This show is called "Ask your herb doctor" and is about Andrew, to promote his practice. I am afraid that Dr. Peat is a bait for Andrew's show. This show is not meant to be an "interview with Dr. Peat, contrary to Jodelle's or ORN's interviews, e.g.

Since I had this sad realization, I stopped being irritated (or stressed) by this show, actually, I stopped listening and started skimming its new episodes.

More than this, without Andrew the world would not know about Ray to anywhere near the same level. He’s been interviewing Ray for 12/13 years now, way before anyone else. Josh Rubin found Ray through Andrew, Matt stone found Ray through Josh. I think the same for Danny Roddy.

There are probably 100 hours of content of Ray through Andrew, so he should be celebrated.

The worst parts of the show are the callers, but then KMUD radio is funded through community donations. If 20% of the Ray pest forum donated to kmud they could have fewer callers and more Ray!

TripleOG

Convenient topic.

Somebody here must've desperately wanted opinions on Vitamin A toxicity lol. Ray has been asked 2-3 times within the past month about it and it was discussed on one of the Danny-Haidut streams.

The glyphosate replacing glycine question was reassuring. I remember it raising concerns here awhile ago.

Lmao @ the monk fruit sugar guy cameo. I'm so used to sports talk radio that I'm always surprised how long these callers are allowed to go on tangents and plug products.

lampofred

The glyphosate replacing glycine question was reassuring. I remember it raising concerns here awhile ago.

Not reassuring at all, he said glyphosate is extremely toxic because it causes DNA damage. It actually would have been better if it was just replacing glycine because then you can just supplement gelatin to overcome its effects.

TripleOG

Not reassuring at all, he said glyphosate is extremely toxic because it causes DNA damage. It actually would have been better if it was just replacing glycine because then you can just supplement gelatin to overcome its effects.

I wasn't questioning glyphosates toxicity, but the concern Seneff raised regarding glyphosate displacing glycine. This would make non-organic gelatinous animal products grossly contaminated. Powdered gelatin included, unless you believe these companies sourcing from places like Argentina and Brazil are truly using 100% organic grass-fed hide. From the Q&A section of Now Beef Gelatin listing:

Q: Is this product gass fed?

A: I inquired the source and this is there answer which I think is good:
NOW Beef gelatin is primarily pasture fed, per the description given by our supplier. Diet is not monitored nor the hormone status and is not certified organic. However, while the gelatin is derived from primarily grass fed cattle, no gelatin manufacturer is willing to put that in writing as documentation is virtually non-existent. Same issue applies to “organic” for which no written documentation exists.
Our supplier certifies the gelatin is natural and not derived from GMO sources.
Some brands make the “grass fed” claim but their suppliers do not, as that’s unsupported by any auditable document trail. The hides used to make gelatin (from hides, bones, and connective tissue) come from numerous countries, making documentation even more difficult to obtain.
We source from USA/Brazil/ Argentina/Mexico/Columbia/Chile/India.

Ray didn't seem too concerned about Seneff's hypothesis.

yerrag

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals