KMUD: 6-15-2018 Positive Thinking, Sleep, And Repair

encerent

sheesh andrew talks too much. Doesn't he know people tune in for Ray, not him?

yerrag

damn, i keep missing my call-in to Ray. I wanted to ask him about succinic acid, on whether he ever said that it's used for heavy metal chelation.

Sleep and repair would be interesting to hear.

G Forrest

Hi @Dan Wich, the mp3 is coming up as a live broadcast which doesn’t allow the user to scroll through the episode. I’m also experiencing a kick back, where the episode gets through about 15-30 seconds then restarts to the beginning. The other episodes play fine and you can forward and rewind through them, just having an issue with this one - do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks as always for posting!

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Huh, I wonder if the download got corrupted or something? Does this link work any better? If not, can you PM me the podcast player or browser you're using? I'll try to reproduce the problem on my end.

G Forrest

sheesh andrew talks too much. Doesn't he know people tune in for Ray, not him?

Actually that first caller who calls in every single time takes up half the show too with so many follow up questions, LOL. He asks some good questions but sometimes I feel like he should contact Ray’s directly. Ray’s so polite and patient though. I can tell Andrew gets slightly annoyed.

Last edited:

G Forrest

I got the impression that Ray believes that the surrounding environment is more the critical factor in well being rather than ones own internal motivation, i.e. positive thinking. Andrew emphasized this “positive thinking” quite a bit on the show but it seemed Ray didn’t have much to say on it. But rather, it’s about putting people in the right surrounding environment, to cultivate stimulation. I recall in the email exchange depository someone asked Ray about using positive thinking to get through a stressful experience like being in a bad job, and Ray responded that it is more detrimental to stay in that stressful situation. So is Ray basically calling BS on this whole positive thinking, affirmation way of being?

I think positive thinking is obviously healthy in general but I think I agree with Ray in that correcting your immediate environment is probably the best first line of defense.

Lolinaa

[QUOTE="G Forrest, post:
I think positive thinking is obviously healthy in general but I think I agree with Ray in that correcting your immediate environment is probably the best first line of defense.[/QUOTE]

Yep I agree with that. I think its important to stay as positive as we can but in a toxic environment it wont go too far.
If we have the choice, its better to go where we feel the best.
It's important to know what types of environment or people empower us.

Broken man

What is positive thinking? I really dont understand it to be honest. I thought that mind or brain is adaptive to the situation. When the situation is bad, thoughts will be bad and vice versa. Its that way for some reason. I dont think that somebody could influence or force situation just by thinking positive thoughts. The way you see things is just question of your perceiving of reality which is based mainly on person´s ATP levels I think.

Herbie

What is positive thinking? I really dont understand it to be honest. I thought that mind or brain is adaptive to the situation. When the situation is bad, thoughts will be bad and vice versa. Its that way for some reason. I dont think that somebody could influence or force situation just by thinking positive thoughts. The way you see things is just question of your perceiving of reality which is based mainly on person´s ATP levels I think.
I agree. If you force yourself to be positive than I think this becomes a mental illness. If in bad situation but thinking and taking action towards a more positive one can bring about positive thoughts

Broken man

I agree. If you force yourself to be positive than I think this becomes a mental illness. If in bad situation but thinking and taking action towards a more positive one can bring about positive thoughts
Yes but ill person can see everything as negative like old people. I see it as a signal.