Ta.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: KMUD: 2-21-2014

j. said:
That Ray Peat person is a human machine.
Must be good metabolism. ;)

J

j.

Good discussion on diabetes and persorption.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I like it when Ray is allowed to go on. You get a wealth of information that can turn your life around. Also his mind is strong. To be almost 80 years old and to be able to articulate himself the way he does is exactly what you would expect from someone with a high metabolic rate. ;)

[glow=red]Ray Peat right again![/glow]​

:mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

j. said:
Good discussion on diabetes and persorption.
Dang. Makes me want to give up rice. :shock:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

If you are craving sugar, you need sugar, so eat sugar. ;)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

"Sometimes one dose of progesterone will break cysts apart" - Ray Peat

Mind=blown

Mittir

I was reading his article on intelligence and 3 child prodigy and
all of them had educated parents and or god father. RP mentioned in an interview that
he was reading up on radiation since he was 10 year old . That shows how early he started learning serious stuff. He also mentioned reading medical books
when he was young. It makes me think if one of his parent was a physician.
I vaguely remember him talking about his grandfather.
I am curious what kind of professions his parents and grand parents had.

jaguar43

Mittir said:
I was reading his article on intelligence and 3 child prodigy and
all of them had educated parents and or god father. RP mentioned in an interview that
he was reading up on radiation since he was 10 year old . That shows how early he started learning serious stuff. He also mentioned reading medical books
when he was young. It makes me think if one of his parent was a physician.
I vaguely remember him talking about his grandfather.
I am curious what kind of professions his parents and grand parents had.

Thats a good point, he did say that he had some early editions of past on by his parents parents. I think in his book generative energy he said that his dad built an adobe house out of mud. So I don't know if they had any type of status.

burtlancast

Charlie said:
burtlancast said:

Ta ta. :rolling

TA
A slang word for Thanks.

The word is a result of the heavy Danish influence on the English language. Most people do not realize that the English language roots are really Danish or Jutland. Equiped with this knowledge this word is easy to decipher.

The Danish word for Thanks is tak. In Scotland and upper England it was common to drop the k at the end because of the way words were pronounced during the time of old English and Middle English. Hence the slang word "Ta" which should actually be pronounced "TA-k" but over time became "Ta" is really Tak meaning "Thanks"

burtlancast

"The main effect of niacinamide is to protect all nerve cells against stress induced damage."
That seemed to have escaped me up to now...

J

j.

Charlie said:
"Sometimes one dose of progesterone will break cysts apart" - Ray Peat

Mind=blown

I googled on women forums to see if people tried that. Some did with quick success, it for some reason didn't work for others.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

On my Progest-e instructions it recommended 1/4 tsp. to break up an ovarian cyst which is 100mg. I did it once when I first started doing all of this and it did help. I have a long history of PCOS and can usually tell if I have one. I haven't had any problems since then. I really wish I had found out about Peat 20 years ago. 8 years ago I had my uterus and one ovary removed and I know I could have corrected it all with his recommendations. I'm so glad I now know how to take care of the one ovary that I still have! For my situation he has been right about everything.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Blossom said:
For my situation he has been right about everything.
:1

superhuman

Im a little lazy but what is the interview about? what subjects gets covered ? :) is there a whats it called written transcript of it ? :)

Bruv

burtlancast said:
Charlie said:
burtlancast said:

Ta ta. :rolling

TA
A slang word for Thanks.

The word is a result of the heavy Danish influence on the English language. Most people do not realize that the English language roots are really Danish or Jutland. Equiped with this knowledge this word is easy to decipher.

The Danish word for Thanks is tak. In Scotland and upper England it was common to drop the k at the end because of the way words were pronounced during the time of old English and Middle English. Hence the slang word "Ta" which should actually be pronounced "TA-k" but over time became "Ta" is really Tak meaning "Thanks"
I did not know the exact origin of the phrase. Ta.

Spokey

I use the word 'Ta' a lot, but I always worry (and I know this will sound like I'm a crazy person) that the person I'm speaking to has misheard me as calling them a tart. (Because we have that glottal stop version of 't' where you don't really say it. Sorry, i')