Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

narouz

I don't know...I haven't read the article yet.
But my impression from listening to the second part of the urea show
is that urea is just kinda generally good. :lol:
At a cellular level--favors and likely enhances the biochemistry there.
Acid and alkaline, magnesium and calcium...Peat got very granular.
So...I think in a cancer environment urea might help rebalance things.

I have a relative with cancer
and I've been thinking about promoting urea to him.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fletcher said:
post 100431 Can anyone tell me if this article means urea would be good for someone suffering from breast cancer? Where they mention TPD7 does that mean urea would be effective?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25753200

Yes, the study makes the claim that a urea derivative reduced the invasinevess of breast cancer.
Btw, why not try something like this?
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6763&hilit=aspirin+breast+cancer

Or something like this?
viewtopic.php?t=5762

Doxycycline also powerfully suppresses several matrix metalloproteinase expression, similar to what the study found about TPD7 (i.e. it lowers MMP-2, MMP-9).

I don't see a reason why all of these cannot be combined. Urea seems to be fairly benign and not interfering with many drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

narouz

Because I have appointed myself the Peat Forum Candida Point-Man :eek:
I thought I'd post something I came across in relation to urea and candidiasis,
that famous imaginary disease.
If I'm reading the study right,
upshot seems to be that urea could feed nitrogen to candida fungi,
making them more virulent.
Fascinating for those hypochondriacs like myself
who fancy themselves fungi invested...

Urea Amidolyase (DUR1,2) Contributes to Virulence and Kidney Pathogenesis of Candida albicans
Dhammika H. M. L. P. Navarathna,1 Michail S. Lionakis,2 Martin J. Lizak,3 Jeeva Munasinghe,3 Kenneth W. Nickerson,4 and David D. Roberts1,*
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483220/

...an exerpt...

"...Urea is an end product of human nitrogen metabolism, and thus provides a nitrogen source that C. albicans can exploit without competing with its host for nutrients. Urea catabolism is known to contribute to virulence of bacterial pathogens such as Helicobacter pylori [8] and Proteus mirabilis [9]. Urea degradation is also exploited by some fungal pathogens. The metalloenzyme urease that hydrolyses urea is a well known virulence factor for Cryptococcus neoformans. [10] and enhances pathogenesis of Coccidioidal infections [11]. Deletion of urease significantly reduced brain infection and pathology of mice and significantly increased host survival [12]. Therefore, it is pertinent to investigate urea catabolism and virulence of C. albicans...."

tara

vetiver

I've tried autourine therapy (shavambu shastra in Ayurveda) in the past but never long term enough to observe its benefits for the issues I was hoping to heal (autoimmune, severe dehydration/sjogren's type symptoms). Traditionally you are supposed to drink it in the morning for its higher concentrations of hormones like melatonin that "awaken" the pineal gland. I've experienced varying effects depending on the time of day, some quite trippy. One time my urine was cloudy and I drank it and got quite sick so I haven't done it since.
I'd prefer to experiment with urea on its own if anyone has a source that will ship to Australia??

achillea

Does anyone know the international pubmed link. A forum member supplied it a few months ago but I lost it. I am trying to find some of Professor Danopolous papers on urea. US pub med will not supply the papers.. Or does anyone know the whereabouts of his papers.

Giraffe

I don't want to derail the thread where the quote comes from...
Urea seems to be working wonders on my digestion. Dose is 2 grams a few times a day.
What symptoms have improved? How are you ingesting the urea? With food? Mixed in a liquid? Apart from meals or with a meal? How about your eye pain? Has it improved?

I am thinking about trying urea for pressure behind the eye (sometimes nose).

goodandevil

I don't want to derail the thread where the quote comes from...

What symptoms have improved? How are you ingesting the urea? With food? Mixed in a liquid? Apart from meals or with a meal? How about your eye pain? Has it improved?

I am thinking about trying urea for pressure behind the eye (sometimes nose).
Hi girrafe. I think my eye pain went away with tike once my thyroid dose was high enough. I still have focus problems corresponding to my gut situation. Regarding the urea, i take 2 grams in orange juice. It's pretty endothermic and dissolves readily. It's still too early to make definite assertiokkns, but i do believe my digestion got better, but maybe i just felt better. I still use kefiran to address acute infkammation (pain at splenic flexure), so perhaps i cant say that the urea got rid of the inflammation. I did feel some improvements is all i can say. My eye pain was definitely related to my gut. I think my gut problems are from pelvic dysfunction and morbid obesity.

I would definitely encourage trying urea. I mention it here because of op's mom's electrolyte abnormalities. I guess if you take it with protein it might reduce the detrimental effects of ammonia. Sorry i dont have any decisive conclusions on gut health, but i do feel it helps.