KMUD: 2-17-17 The Precautionary Principle (Part 2)

Dan W

Direct MP3 link | Podcast setup

This one was another mix of higher-level discussion with specific caller questions. The topics include: power sources (nuclear, coal), "personality" characteristics and health issues, body fat percentages, sleep, and bias in studies.

I'm glad to have justification for my all my t-shirts reading, "waking before 8AM is an abomination."

Donate to support KMUD here.

Attachments

• kmud-170217-the-precautionary-principle-part2.mp3
    21.8 MB · Views: 216

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You da man, Dan. :hattip

superhuman

I still would like to know more about what he said about not waking up before 8 in the morning? when a caller asked he only mentioned about the eating before training which is something else. It also seemed more like the female host put words in the mouth of RP when she said he had sad that but he never really confirmed it.

Anybody else knows ?

Drareg

Build new institutions up around the old,this is what will destroy the old views,the problem however is the new may appear better but they will be a reflection of what will be currently accepted by the majority,they will be infected with the past paradigms.
The interenet is breeding competition for these new paradigms,we see different cultures popping up on line all claiming to have access to the truth.

Most still refuse to acknowledge the ongoing change in reality,they still refuse to take responsibility for their own thought processes,they still can't handle change,we still want a saviour of sort be it laws,government or religion to save us rather than take responsibility for ourselves,taking responsibility takes biological energy and is stressful.

I appreciate the radio hosts taking time to interview Peat but it should be said they do try to drop in their own political views associating them with Peat whether knowingly or unknowingly,Peat doesn't entertain specific points they make and they tend to drop it in again to see if he will agree, Andrews views on the EU and free trade are poorly informed,we know the current system is poor but claiming it will be dissolved before elections is naive and suggest a doomsday mentality based on his own socioeconomic status.
If currency's are better controlled or set rather than allowing huge mainipulation ona daily basis global trade potentially can work,when countries get into trouble you could allow a special circumstance to allow them temporarily to change the value to get back up to speed,rules need to be set so this can't be abused.
Doing this could turn things around very quick.

Isn't it impressive how government primed all of us to view those who speak of radiation from nuclear power as tin foil hat types? Whales wash up in large amounts and the vast majority of people don't even suspect radiation even with the evidence of the power from Chernobyl!

encerent

Andrew is getting really annoying. He should talk less and let RP talk more.

Herbie

I still would like to know more about what he said about not waking up before 8 in the morning? when a caller asked he only mentioned about the eating before training which is something else. It also seemed more like the female host put words in the mouth of RP when she said he had sad that but he never really confirmed it.

Anybody else knows ?

Ive never heard Ray talk about waking up before 8am. It's because Sarah bought it up. Google working before 10am is torture and their is studies about it and its tied into circadian cycles.

I don't think Ray would make a statement like that because 8am can be very different depending on where in the world you are.

superhuman

Ive never heard Ray talk about waking up before 8am. It's because Sarah bought it up. Google working before 10am is torture and their is studies about it and its tied into circadian cycles.

I don't think Ray would make a statement like that because 8am can be very different depending on where in the world you are.

Yeah i agree. Ok but has he said anything in terms of waking up ? i know Josh Robin has mentioned something in terms of never waking up before 7 or 8.
But why is working before 10 am torture? most successfull people usually get up super early and get most of the job done before 10-12 am.

Herbie

I think Ray would agree that forcing yourself to wake up to an alarm is stressful. Rubin comes from Chek philosophy and Chek teaches about circadian health and waking up with the sun and how thats natural for us and its pointed towards people who wake up at 4am and don't have breakfast then race into the gym at 5-6am or go for a run and many people do this and live on high stress hormones. Chek states that the only time we would do this before civilisation is if a bear was coming for or some kind of predator.

The torture stuff would be for people who wake up to the alarm and hurry to get to a job they don't like and how this has a negative psychological impact on them..learned helplessness.

I recently read two of Trumps books and he says he wakes up at 5am each morning but he has breakfast and reads the news then goes into the office at 9am. Hes not going to the gym at 6am or rushing to work he's giving himself 4 hours for himself.

Herbie

Andrew is getting really annoying. He should talk less and let RP talk more.

I agree, Im not keen on doom and gloom. I just listen to here Ray.

If I were them I would do a podcast which is on social media and have Patreon or similar so they would reach a wider audience.

Mjhl85

Build new institutions up around the old,this is what will destroy the old views,the problem however is the new may appear better but they will be a reflection of what will be currently accepted by the majority,they will be infected with the past paradigms.
The interenet is breeding competition for these new paradigms,we see different cultures popping up on line all claiming to have access to the truth.

Most still refuse to acknowledge the ongoing change in reality,they still refuse to take responsibility for their own thought processes,they still can't handle change,we still want a saviour of sort be it laws,government or religion to save us rather than take responsibility for ourselves,taking responsibility takes biological energy and is stressful.

I appreciate the radio hosts taking time to interview Peat but it should be said they do try to drop in their own political views associating them with Peat whether knowingly or unknowingly,Peat doesn't entertain specific points they make and they tend to drop it in again to see if he will agree, Andrews views on the EU and free trade are poorly informed,we know the current system is poor but claiming it will be dissolved before elections is naive and suggest a doomsday mentality based on his own socioeconomic status.
If currency's are better controlled or set rather than allowing huge mainipulation ona daily basis global trade potentially can work,when countries get into trouble you could allow a special circumstance to allow them temporarily to change the value to get back up to speed,rules need to be set so this can't be abused.
Doing this could turn things around very quick.

Isn't it impressive how government primed all of us to view those who speak of radiation from nuclear power as tin foil hat types? Whales wash up in large amounts and the vast majority of people don't even suspect radiation even with the evidence of the power from Chernobyl!
Perhaps peat should take more responsibility.

Drareg

Perhaps peat should take more responsibility.

Peat won't get anywhere or help anyone with speculating too much on political outcomes,it may as well be sport the way people talk about politics, all the political systems are being created by majority low energy types,some may not be classed as authoritarian based on political semantics but from Peats view the majority are.
Andrew should try take this on board,if we get people heathy we will have a majority of well balanced people with the energy to make change,with cleaner perceptions the personality disordered types will be glaringly obvious,right now the psychopaths thrive.

Mark Zuckerburg of Facebook recent interview with the BBC is a prime example of what I am talking about,many people seen through his psychotic spiel of connecting the world pointing out the flaws of people while massively contributing to the problems,some see right through this but the pop culture hypocritical political correctness types are manic and currently can't.

Mjhl85

.....Most still refuse to acknowledge the ongoing change in reality,they still refuse to take responsibility for their own thought processes,they still can't handle change,we still want a saviour of sort be it laws,government or religion to save us rather than take responsibility for ourselves,taking responsibility takes biological energy and is stressful.

I appreciate the radio hosts taking time to interview Peat but it should be said they do try to drop in their own political views associating them with Peat whether knowingly or unknowingly,Peat doesn't entertain specific points they make and they tend to drop it in again to see if he will agree,...

Perhaps Peat should take responsibility.

superhuman

I should start a podcast or something an interview him myself because i dont have any of that bias ***t that those two hosts has

Wagner83

Yeah they could do a show or part of the show without Ray so they can talk about whatever they want and give their ideas (after all, it's their show), but once Ray is on board he's extremely interesting to listen to , and there ain't many different options, kmud podcast aside.
When it comes to questions, if the answer is obvious or/and has been given times and times again then maybe it's not worth asking (they can ask Sarah and Andrew through mails, phone calls, or be referred to an FAQs).
Often I was a bit annoyed by the time wasted on questions people could answer for themselves very easily (e.g. list all polyunsaturated fats sources), or the attitude of some callers, so an FAQs on their site could benefit both their site and the show. An other solution would be for them to pick questions beforehand, no callers , or not spend half of the show on them.

Herbie

Yeah they could do a show or part of the show without Ray so they can talk about whatever they want and give their ideas (after all, it's their show), but once Ray is on board he's extremely interesting to listen to , and there ain't many different options, kmud podcast aside.
When it comes to questions, if the answer is obvious or/and has been given times and times again then maybe it's not worth asking (they can ask Sarah and Andrew through mails, phone calls, or be referred to an FAQs).
Often I was a bit annoyed by the time wasted on questions people could answer for themselves very easily (e.g. list all polyunsaturated fats sources), or the attitude of some callers, so an FAQs on their site could benefit both their site and the show. An other solution would be for them to pick questions beforehand, no callers , or not spend half of the show on them.

Great ideas!