Ray Peat Interview KMUD - 10pm ET, Dec 18 2020

Lejeboca

The show is now in KMUD Archives as 'Friday Night Talk'
1608350772048.png

lampofred

The NY caller sounds hypoxic. Sharp but aggressive. Never heard Dr. Peat get defensive like that. I don't know why he didn't just answer the question directly, he has never hesitated to say "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" in the past if needed. Maybe he was hinting that the caller had high TSH/prolactin/PTH and needed to fix that first and that's why he started talking about TSH? I think he's intuitive enough to guess at underlying hormonal issues just by the way people talk. Overall it was a weird moment.

boris

The NY caller sounds hypoxic. Sharp but aggressive. Never heard Dr. Peat get defensive like that. I don't know why he didn't just answer the question directly, he has never hesitated to say "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" in the past if needed. Maybe he was hinting that the caller had high TSH/prolactin/PTH and needed to fix that first and that's why he started talking about TSH? I think he's intuitive enough to guess at underlying hormonal issues just by the way people talk. Overall it was a weird moment.

He also cut Ray off various times before he could finish. After Ray asked for clarification "to determine hypothyroidism?", he did follow up with "yeah" and later "but they [mucopolysacharrides] will go away quickly when you get the right amount of thyroid and get your metabolic rate and body temperature up".

His last answer before being cut off by the caller again is key: "... if you ... Broda Barnes' books, then you'll know more about how to ... with doctors who are focused away from everything that is meaningful such as metabolic rate, and reflexes, nerve conduction time, thought processes and so on ... ... TSH, TSH produces inflammation and many of the symptoms that we blame on low thyroid, it's a positive action of the TSH molecule itself rather than just a negative action of lacking thyroid hormone, so ..."

Accumulation of mucopolysaccharrides is probably a protective funtion and influenced by many things. What I got from all of his answers combined is that you could, but why focus on that if you can check things that make more sense, like the metabolic rate? It would be akin to checking TSH to determine hypothyroidism. I think he wanted to make the caller think and come to this conclusion himself.

Last edited:

boris

I know they have to be on schedule, but over all I wish the hosts would cut him off less, too. And give him some more room to breath and finish his answers.

I am doubly appreciative of Danny Roddy. We are no longer stuck with KMUD. Dr. Peat is much better than a podunk station with Andrew yak yak yak yak yak.

OP
Lejeboca

Lejeboca

I am doubly appreciative of Danny Roddy. We are no longer stuck with KMUD. Dr. Peat is much better than a podunk station with Andrew yak yak yak yak yak.
+1 and Danny and Georgi are more flexible: Switched their stream to Thurs of this week to accommodate the KMUD request for Dr. Peat's time.

Andrew looks estrogenic with his barrage of words. But Dr. Peat doesn't "hint" at that and continues to come on the show. I assume because he sees value to the audience in it and not just "10 years of his appearance there" to paraphrase Andrew.

J

jb116

Has there ever been a photo of Andrew and Sarah available online? Just curious.

pauljacob

Has there ever been a photo of Andrew and Sarah available online? Just curious.
I also have an itch to see how they look. I like Sarah, quite often she adds thoughts to RP's talk that informs those who are unfamiliar with Ray's work.

Last edited:

S-VV

When you consider that Ray has much knowledge that he has only hinted at, for example the Na/K-ATPase actually running in reverse. Its a crime to waste his time in such a way. I really wish we had access to the endocrinology or cytology classes Ray has given

J

jb116

I also have an itch to see how they look. I like Sarah, quite often she adds thoughts to RP's talk that informs those who are unfamiliar with Ray's work.
Yea true, almost like an instant cliff notes.

tankasnowgod

No doubt. Podcasting and live streaming are better formats anyway, no artificial time constraints. Shows can be as long or short as they need to be. Danny and Georgi are great too, as each will let Peat talk, and probably come with good follow up questions and clarification.

gaze

minute 12 to 24 was a very clear outline of what's been going on with the pandemic and how people are dying from endotoxin. One of Peats most concise and organized explanations on the topic.

pauljacob

I, for one, am grateful for the show. While Roddy's program addresses itself to advanced Peatarians, the Herb Doctors talk to RP neophytes like myself. Also listeners get to talk to The Master and ask questions. It fills a gap. Now, if only Mr. Murray could stop smacking his lips :p:

AT1970

Please can anyone upload here the mp3 file
I cannot access the kmud archive probably i blocked in my country
Thanks
Andrea

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals