KMUD 10-20-17 Economics

lampofred

Started off interesting but the questions ruined it

aquaman

Started off interesting but the questions ruined it

Yeah they should do every 2nd episode with no questions.

Edit:listened to the episode and there's about 5 minutes of interesting economic discussion from
Ray before the rest of episode is questions. Ironic, because Andrew's monologue says that the system is set up to distract people from the economic issues caused by political-corporate policies, and then they get distracted away from talking about them!

Last edited:

allblues

Peat discussing the gold standard!
upload_2017-10-21_10-36-17.jpeg

DrJ

Ray Peat: Restoring my faith in humanity
Callers: Diminishing that faith at an alarming rate.

Andrew was pretty legit this episode. I can never wrap my head around the folks that call in to get Ray's expertise and then will not actually shut up and let him flex that brain muscle. I think it's some sort of narcissism.

theLaw

Ray Peat: Restoring my faith in humanity
Callers: Diminishing that faith at an alarming rate.

Andrew was pretty legit this episode. I can never wrap my head around the folks that call in to get Ray's expertise and then will not actually shut up and let him flex that brain muscle. I think it's some sort of narcissism.

Andrew needs to man-up and keep the caller's questions succinct instead of letting them run rough-shot over the hosts and Ray. This is literally Radio 101.

Also, they should have many callers on hold by the time Peat starts answering questions instead of giving out the number seconds before the Q and A begins.

Drareg

Do KMUD have an "app"we could download for a fee,it makes sense as an additional source of income for them.
Also considering the folks involved they could put together a book for a fee of interesting topics they cover regularly.

It’s impressive the show overall,as Andrew mentioned they have little structure and they’re cold calls,he’s right about many younger folk not been able to perform like this,many have to take beta blockers and benzos do simple shows like this,or provgil heads on the mania bus of verbosity but they think it’s cool,super sharp and whimsy,red pillers need to go,rage balls cant handle a red pill back at them.

The first caller offers some good insight no? Fair point,maybe amazon should hire younger kids to fly the drones,I mean if they are gamers it’s the perfect job and they will be more qualified,the downside is they won’t go outside,I don’t see these drones going off hitch free,they are going to be stolen in mid air by other drones,it will be the modern equivalent of the mob stealing from trucks leaving the airport,EMP devices are popping up now also.

It's turning into garbage. Aside from the constant asking Ray Peat to state his credentials before letting him talk, the little lady from Philipsville took another 5 minutes of our lives. Engineer should have stuck to on topic callers.

Dhair

It's turning into garbage. Aside from the constant asking Ray Peat to state his credentials before letting him talk, the little lady from Philipsville took another 5 minutes of our lives. Engineer should have stuck to on topic callers.
Man, that woman was unbearable.
Lots of lessons to be learned here. First of all, the guy with cancer seemed to be having a hard time understanding exactly what Ray was saying. How you think about your disease is important. He explained that Ray suggested he "eat carrots and some other things," which indicates that a lot of his initial suggestions were going over his head. His fixation on the duration of his poison oak illness also struck me as odd. He was ignoring all of the talk about treatment and prevention.
I think people need to spend more time with these concepts and really think about them as it relates to their context. Nothing is going to get solved in one short phone call.

Lejeboca

+1 !

x-ray peat

just sent Andrew an invite to drop by
"Hi Andrew,
I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful job you and your wife are doing in bringing Ray's wisdom to a wider audience. At the Ray Peat forum one member always posts your latest interview and there is often an interesting discussion about the show. Not sure if you have ever dropped by but thought that you may appreciate the unvarnished feedback.
kmud | Ray Peat Forum
Keep up the great work"

Last edited:
Just found Andrew's email. I think if we are polite and constructive he may appreciate the feedback.
[email protected]

edit: just sent him an invite to drop by
"Hi Andrew,
I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful job you and your wife are doing in bringing Ray's wisdom to a wider audience. At the Ray Peat forum one member always posts your latest interview and there is often an interesting discussion about the show. Not sure if you have ever dropped by but thought that you may appreciate the unvarnished feedback.
kmud | Ray Peat Forum

Keep up the great work"
Maybe if we donate we can add a condition "no Philipsville" :cool