KMUD 10-20-17 Economics

yerrag

Even anti-Authoritarians have their limit. :raypeatcoffee
We should all call in and ask good questions instead, and lessen the chances for bad calls.

x-ray peat

We should all call in and ask good questions instead, and lessen the chances for bad calls.
I agree. maybe we should post an alert with the phone number an hour before show time. And we can have a live thread running

Now THAT's a good idea. Always wondered why so few forum members call in? If that guy managed to call from Finland surely we could do it...

x-ray peat

Now THAT's a good idea. Always wondered why so few forum members call in? If that guy managed to call from Finland surely we could do it...
It's just like in school where the biggest morons always have the most to say. Time to take over the show:ninja

It's just like in school where the biggest morons always have the most to say
It seems to me that the majority of KMUD callers have always been either new to Peat or people with no access/knowledge to use the internet. So in a way it is providing a good service as it is. But of course us "aficionados" would like a little bit more from a Ray Peat intervew (hence Danny Roddy and Politics & Science interviews), and also to complicate matters further, the authoritarian people such as the Philipsville lady who calls just to show off her knowledge about words :roll: at that point it's just a negative for all the parties involved.

Last edited:

yerrag

Is the show every 3rd Saturday of the month at 8 pm FST? And what are the call-in numbers? I had always thought of calling in, but never did.

Is the show every 3rd Saturday of the month at 8 pm FST? And what are the call-in numbers? I had always thought of calling in, but never did.
I think 3rd Fridays from 7 to 8PM

yerrag

I think 3rd Fridays from 7 to 8PM
That works out to 10-1 am Saturday morning my time- doable! Andrew and Sarah would be surprised gettings calls from all over.

That works out to 10-1 am Saturday morning my time- doable! Andrew and Sarah would be surprised gettings calls from all over.
Europe will be difficult but Asia and Australia should be easy.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...0000&p1=136&p2=137&p3=37&p4=776&p5=240&p6=166

73654756545465.PNG

Seleniodine

An excellent idea. If you tell Andrew you are calling from some obscure location he will be thrilled! :emoji_sunglasses:
Seriously though, he really needs Sarah to help him on the shows, I miss her contributions to the discussion. They have done a great job overall of providing an outlet for everyone to hear Dr. Peat on a consistent basis over a long period of time. Their "phone diagnosis" inevitably seems to be a fail resulting in wasting five or more minutes of time with lot's of "yes , I already take a daily carrot salad, aspirin, progesterone, avoid PUFA etc etc and I'm still overweight, low temp yada ..... "..... they should skip these "interviews" or screen them better before going on the air since it's going over similar ground all the time. The Phillipsville lady has been a buzzkill for years, my heart sinks when she comes on, she is always looking for a "gotcha" against Peat.

I would love to hear RP's responses to questions from some of the folks on this forum. I bet he would enjoy the challenge as well. It really is an amazing resource to have access to the man himself over the phone for free once a month!

DuggaDugga

Was just thinking about how I wish these interviews were in podcast format. Thank you!

theLaw

+1 Great idea!!!

I think if members are looking for an in-depth discussion about certain topics or an effective Q and A, Danny's podcasts are your best bet.

The Herb Doctor's have an incredible resource with Peat, but they don't appear to be motivated to use him effectively on the show, and this probably won't change in the near future.

sladerunner69

It's just like in school where the biggest morons always have the most to say. Time to take over the show:ninja

I don't find that accurate in my experience. In my classes, the brightest guys, occasionally women, will ask the most questions and demonstrate the most understanding in calculus, history, economics, etc. In general the less intelligent ones are disinterested in any subject matter, and in my opinion shouldn't even be in school.

lampofred

This is a good idea.

"Caller, what's your name and where are you from?"

"Lampofred, and I'm from Ray Peat Forum."

x-ray peat

From Andrew at KMUD
"Thank you for the Link, Ray enjoys the callers engaging ( mostly!) and we have discussed the issue previously regarding his information as the reason we do this esp with its web presence for all."

I think the caller from Philipsville is still on his mind.

x-ray peat

I don't find that accurate in my experience. In my classes, the brightest guys, occasionally women, will ask the most questions and demonstrate the most understanding in calculus, history, economics, etc. In general the less intelligent ones are disinterested in any subject matter, and in my opinion shouldn't even be in school.
I think school has changed a lot since my school days. Not everyone went to college 20 years ago.

theLaw

From Andrew at KMUD
"Thank you for the Link, Ray enjoys the callers engaging ( mostly!) and we have discussed the issue previously regarding his information as the reason we do this esp with its web presence for all."

I think the caller from Philipsville is still on his mind.

Hey X-Ray,

What do you think Andrew meant by "regarding his information as the reason we do this"?

Maybe Ray wants to take more callers, or is this supposed to be a way to get his name out to the public?

x-ray peat

Hey X-Ray,

What do you think Andrew meant by "regarding his information as the reason we do this"?

Maybe Ray wants to take more callers, or is this supposed to be a way to get his name out to the public?
yeah, I'm not really sure. I think he was responding to my first sentence "I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful job you and your wife are doing in bringing Ray's wisdom to a wider audience."
Hopefully he will sign up as a member and we can ask him all sorts of questions

sladerunner69

I think school has changed a lot since my school days. Not everyone went to college 20 years ago.

Yes hahaha. The standards have definitely, empirically been lowered. I suppose my own perception of intelligence is just typical "interest" or "passion" and I see so many of my friends and other students tired most of the time, due to their diets. Many of them find the things I talk about or the things the professors talk about interesting and significant, but of not have the mental energy to spare, because it has already been allocated towards partying and fun...

alywest

For some reason whenever RP speaks it makes me feel smarter. :): He's just an awesome guy and I feel lucky that I found out about him, too many people have no clue who he is.