Kind Of Worried

mamaherrera

I have lots of fears as you will come to know with me. . . . but for years I noticed my knuckles are always red, on my fingers, more the ones that are bigger right before the fingers. Usually I don't notice it because that's all the symptoms I have. Today, for example, though my fingers feel sore and slightly burning, tired, more than anything. .. so then I join that with the red knuckles, and I fear "arthritis" and I totally get worried since I am a piano player. I also have been doing more weightlifting, grabbing bars/weights/etc. so I hope it's just overuse )the soreness/burning) but then the redness in the knuckles that is always present, does that mean it's something bad . .. .arthritis or could it be something else?? any ideas?? Here you can see it a little bit, it's slightly more red in real life.

bit
upload_2016-6-2_4-16-44.png

J

James IV

I don't see any noticeable redness? Maybe the soreness is because you are a piano player? Playing the piano, or heavy typing are really hard on the hands. Your fingers aren't really designed to do/apply that type of movement/pressure.
Any type of repetitive movement(especially an "unatural" one) , in any joint, can potentially lead to inflammation in the joints. This is a common trade off of movement specialization. It's why often specific sports cause specific joint injury in many of its athletes. Tennis players elbows, runners knees, golfers backs, etc.
I think your best bet would be to just try and limit systemic inflammation as much as possible, and add some direct anti inflammatory methods to your hands, as well limiting overuse.

OP
M

mamaherrera

thanks, and as far as limiting systemic inflammation,w hat are the best ways to do that?

tara

OP
M

mamaherrera

well I don't mean overuse on piano, because I am not a professional player, so I don't mean I totally overuse on just piano or typing, I just mean in conjunction with everything, weight lifting, etc, . . even my nervous habit of moving my fingers throughout the day, but that's with no weight/pressure

OP
M

mamaherrera

and the weird thing, is like now, I have no pain, but still always have a slight redness in my knuckles, . . . maybe it's just my normal coloring.. . whereas my husband who is darker skin, his knuckles are kind of brown-ish red

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals