Kids' Lunches

DDD

I need kid lunch ideas. My kids have unfortunately been raised with a typical american packed lunch of PB&J or turkey(or ham/chicken)and cheese sandwiches. What are you Peatatarian parents packing for your children?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Here are few items I put in my big kid lunch box that might work for younger kids too!
String cheese or other cheeses, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cooked fruit like applesauce, dried fruit, gummy candy, chocolate, greek yogurt and honey, coconut oil potato chips, rice crackers, cottage cheese, mini raw carrots.
I don't have little ones around anymore so hopefully some members with young children will be able to provide more ideas.

5magicbeans

homemade jello/gelatin, cottage cheese w/fruit, homemade taziki sauce w/carrots for dipping, raisins, pb2 powder mixed with butter or coconut oil as a dipping sauce for many of blossoms suggestions above, taco meat muffins (corn masa recipe), corn masa muffins, corn masa mini corn dogs, meatball/beef broth soup in a thermos....

ste199

You could made rice and milk by slow cooking white rice in half water and half milk until rice become soft,most of liquid is absorbed and becomes creamy;or potatoes puree by boiling potato mashing them and cooking with milk and salt until becomes soft and serving it with coconut oil fried egg,or crepes made with milk coconut flour and egg with honey on top and if they tolerate gluten made pizza with cheese,
Also remember that they are young and need more Triptophan to grow up so you could give them some beef steak sometimes,don't be too limited with your children about alimentation and follow their cravings.
Hope i helped

tara

What are you Peatatarian parents packing for your children?
Whatever they'll eat. I figure eating something is more important than perfect food. It's hard to get them something good and portable. School policy does not support juice or confectionery. Hungry kids are grumpy kids.
One gets more sandwiches (not PB), the other gets more fruit, sometimes up to 6 pieces/servings of whatever's in season/affordable - bananas, apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, apricots, oranges, grapes, kiwifruit. Sometimes dried fruit. Sometimes they want a portion of milk. I've tried sending along pieces of cheese, or boiled eggs, or little carrots, and they don't get eaten. Sometimes pottles of yogurt. Not because I think they are great.
I've considered making them portable jelly, but not got round to it.

jzeno

Drinks:
  1. OJ or
  2. Milk or
  3. Water
Meal:
  1. Cheese and Egg Sourdough Sandwich toasted in a toaster oven with a spoonful of Coconut Oil for the bread to soak up in the toaster oven tray or
  2. Cold-cut style Sandwich on Sourdough with cheese, deli meats and maybe some old-fashioned Mayonnaise, such as Chosen Foods Mayo
Snack:
  1. Jello (home-made and store bought) or
  2. Pork Rinds or
  3. Gummy Bears or
  4. Dark Chocolate
Rotate

As a guy I can generally eat the same thing everyday with some limitations, but this would be a good place to start. Children may require more variety. I would just avoid yeast-risen bread and PUFA and encourage carbs from fruits and that should be a good place to start.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals