Kids Eating Meat VS Kids Eating Vegetables

HumanLife

"Our instincts give us a few clues about our nutritional needs, such as thirst, the hunger for salt, the pleasantness of sweet things, and the unpleasantness of certain odors or very acrid or bitter tastes. People who are constitutionally unable to taste certain bitter chemicals find certain vegetables less objectionable; their instinctive guidance has become less clear. But within the boundaries of cravings and disgust, habits and customs become the dominant forces in diet. "Professional dietitians" and other "experts" primarily function as enforcers of cultural prejudice." - Ray Peat on Vegetables, etc. - Who Defines food?

Deadpool

Jesus, that video is eye-opening for sure. I absolutely hate broccoli as well lol

I hated all the vegetables, except for nightshades and garlic, when I was a kid. Started to eat veggies under influence of "healthy" lifestyle propaganda when I got older.

haha kids' reactions are the best, very genuine. I wonder what they would think of sweet fruit... The smell is very appetizing. I see they enjoy raw meat too. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Vinny

I remember now, once, a woman complained that her grandaughter would not touch anything that even remotely resembles a vegetable... interesting!

boris

Kids vs. Avocado. I guess they can taste the rancid PUFAs.

Funny to see how the parents think they are smart and the babies are the stupid ones in the situation. While in reality it's the opposite.

boris

Description: "Meet Mason, the picky eater. He says no to nearly everything you put in front of him... Watch to see his reaction to trying steak for the first time."

Amazoniac

These actors are toxic and there can be misrepresentation. Some foods aren't meant to be consumed plain, we can post fetuses disgusted by tasting coffee or cocoa.

It's possible to find people that are into vegetables (such as cooked broccoli) consumed alone. Others only eat them flavored yet would refuse to eat the flavoring on its own. Adults' conditions are more complex and so are our needs, this tends to increase our tolerance towards the bad stuff to obtain those that are good for our state; it's not a corrupted instinct. Sometimes the person is drawn to bitters for therapeutic purposes. The main problem is that the short-term balance counts more than the long-term consequences, and the greater the desperation, the crazier it gets (like eating pieces of metal).

Habituation is also relevant, otherwise many kids wouldn't move past the first time that they've tasted carbonated beverages. You can find babies objecting even ice cream due to brain freeze and only seek more when they get used to the sensation. The recordings could be taken out of context or shortened to twist the story.

- Babies Know Best

Last edited:

Summer

Just my opinion but any item that absolutely needs to be cooked in order to be consumed is not something humans should eat under ideal conditions, but only when necessary such as during famine. Vegetables and grains for example.

boris

@Amazoniac I see what you mean.

Regarding plain foods. I like the taste of well cooked plain broccoli for example and I can see others enjoying it too.
......But no one will ever convince me that they actually enjoy the taste of a plain avocado :lol:. I used to eat it a lot, but I realized I was ignoring my instincts and all I could really think about is spitting it out.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac I see what you mean.

Regarding plain foods. I like the taste of well cooked plain broccoli for example and I can see others enjoying it too.
......But no one will ever convince me that they actually enjoy the taste of a plain avocado :lol:. I used to eat it a lot, but I realized I was ignoring my instincts and all I could really think about is spitting it out.
Guacamole is traditional and without avocado it would be as complete as stargazer with only 2 science degrees. The other ingredients in it (lime juice, cilantro, pepper, tomato) wouldn't be palatable on their own as well. Many people are not into plain tomatoes, but probably find pizza less appetizing without them.

However, avocadoes do contain significant amounts of macabrotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin, making them apt to be featured at wufoods.org, antinutritiondata.self.com, and the Dirty Thousands.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

@Guacamayo

Avocado's fatty acid profile resemble that of olive. If olive oil in moderation is fine, avocado should be too since it's way more nutritious and most of its weight is water (only about 2% is polyunsaturated fat).

- Olive oil - Wikipedia
- Avocado - Wikipedia

One tablespoon of olive oil and 100 g of avocado provide something like 1.5 and 2 g of polyunsaturated fats, the rest of the meal composition should minimize their difference.

Other compounds in these foods are also responsible for the pungent taste.

The main concern with guacamole is macabrotenoids toxicity, it would require at least one year to purge the meal.

boris

@Amazoniac

I associate the pungent taste with an unripe avocado. I didn't have a ripe avocado for years so it's likely I forgot about the subtleties in it's taste. I still eat it sometimes but never pure and not in the toxic quantities I used to:
maxresdefault.jpg
Guacamole is great (haven't had it in a long time) but I enjoy it most with balsamic vinegar. The thought about them sensing the PUFAs came from an observation of kids rejecting PUFA sweets (icecream, chocolate) and infant formula.

But then again, are these actors really toxic? Or rather their agents? Now I think they should offer them some guacamole instead. Or better yet both, so they can taste the difference.

[edit: Oh, thanks btw. I realize I could be more nuanced in my foodism ;) ]

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

Which dishes are more appetizing and visually appealing?
Meat tastes good when you crave it, but it is an 'ugly-looking' food. Plant foods are bland when isolated, but get more tastier when combined.
Meat combined with plant foods also looks better.

202134_3000x2000.jpg

66awwohwhrg71.jpg
sfnn0dr5htr61.jpg

372492c80a35918dc6086918b6dd0a50.jpg

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Meat tastes good when you crave it, but it is an 'ugly-looking' food. Plant foods are bland when isolated, but get more tastier when combined.

202134_3000x2000.jpg

66awwohwhrg71.jpg
sfnn0dr5htr61.jpg
hi,2 and 3.meat is visually appealing only when cooked,on the 1 image the meat is almost totally raw in the inside,with an image of a marble crusty brown cooked piece of meat this would have been more appealing,also depending on the time of the day.banana slam the rest 1VSall,second sandwich

Quelsatron

Meat combined with plant foods also looks better.

202134_3000x2000.jpg

66awwohwhrg71.jpg
sfnn0dr5htr61.jpg

372492c80a35918dc6086918b6dd0a50.jpg
Anything with seeds is very interested in catching your attention and rousing your appetite, with meat it's more like the opposite :))

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom