Kidney’s Are Throbbing

stsfut

For the past 72 hours, I am getting a throbbing feeling in my back, lower left ribcage where I think my kidney sits. There is NO pain, just worrisome as it has been unrelenting. It started after I began using a bone broth gelatin mix a few days ago. I really don’t think it’s that but it was just worth noting the timing. I also put some baking soda in my water the other day and may have used too much. I also use creatine regularly.

Additionally, I had an urine analysis yesterday unrelated to this kidney throbbing. Test results showed high urine specific gravity. I called the doctor and they said nothing to worry about. Maybe just dehydration.

Does this sound like something to sorry about? Like kidney stones, infection? Or just monitor to see if it gets worse, fever, pain etc

Thank you!

Ella

Forum Supporter
I also put some baking soda in my water the other day and may have used too much. I also use creatine regularly.

Yeah, this will do it and will also alter pH.

high urine specific gravity

Urine is too concentrated and yes dehydration will do this but it is also an indicator kidneys are not not filtering properly. Perhaps the baking soda is causing more glucose to be excreted, increasing the density of the urine.

I would stop baking soda and creatine, make sure you are properly hydrated and then check specific gravity over the course of the day. You can do this yourself, no need for dr to do these simple tests.

However, I would continue to monitor as inflammation and pain around the kidney area which should be taken seriously.

If gelatin is a recent addition, perhaps kidneys are needing to filter more wastes and these wastes may be causing some kidney stress. I would try to slow things down so that wastes are being removed at a comfortable rate. Perhaps, adding more fibre so that wastes can be excreted via stool instead of the kidneys taking all the load. Keep the bowels moving as you don't want to become constipated which can easily occur when kidneys are not working efficiently. If you are dealing with infection then constipation is the first sign that something is not right. It then becomes a vicious cycle, where wastes build up poisoning your whole system, allowing pathogenic bugs free-reign.

I made a huge mistake in underestimating the importance of fibre during my kidney crisis.

You could try magnesium sulphate baths, aspirin or ascorbic acid to see if the throbbing eases.

Did dr check electrolytes? Rule out infection? Infection would have shown up on urinalysis. Salty fruit juices and milk are good hydrating fluids. Mineral or spring water however, plain water can suppress and inhibit the anti-diuretic hormone ADH otherwise known as arginine vasopressin. It signals the kidneys on how much water to conserve.

OP
S

stsfut

Thank you so very much for the long and thoughtful reply.

I’ve posted my full urine analysis. There was an issue with glucose and trace ketones. I’m hoping that the glucose/ketones was due to me eating a large unhealthy meal before my appointment (wasn’t planning on doing labs). He did blood work also but I won’t get that until Monday. Unfortunately I am feeling a little constipated right now too. Perfect storm...

Attachments

• ED647677-33A4-496D-803F-C63FA3A80411.png
    ED647677-33A4-496D-803F-C63FA3A80411.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
S

stsfut

It stopped. I was taking a bone broth mix that apparently caused it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals