Kidney Dull Soreness For Past Week

ddjd

Has anyone ever had soreness from their kidneys?

I'm getting it on both sides, for about a week now. When I wake up the pain is minimal but increases to a constant dull ache after food.

I'm not entirely sure what might have caused it.

TMG (as in Trimethylgycine) and B1 thiamine HCL seem to be reducing the dull ache temporarily, for a few hours. But the dull ache returns after eating.
Bicarbonate of soda seems to also help slightly.

Oh and coffee makes it worse!

Really hoping I haven't don't any serious damage. Any advice/experience would be helpful.

Last edited:

Lyla

About 3 years ago, after a hot shower on a winter morning, I noticed soreness on my left kidney. It also felt a bit swollen. Later on that day, the soreness became more intense and the area became a bit stiff. I warmed up the area with a hot water bottle and the heat helped to ease the pain but then the soreness would return.

I then remembered that I had had a big serving of a new kind of cheese the night before. So I quickly went to check the ingredients and indeed there was 3 different kinds of added Phosphate salts in there.

I made sure to maintain a good amount of calcium and also applied a little olive oil + a generous amount of Progest-E and the soreness and stiffness went away a day or two later.

jet9

What did you change in your diet? Did you start taking any new supplements?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

In the end it seems coffee was the culprit.

I stopped coffee and the soreness went away.

However I've drunk coffee for years without problems.

It could be because I introduced a new supplement, Folinic acid (not the same as folic acid) and somehow that's interacting strangely with coffee. Very odd

I've also been trying a lot of different b1 types like Allithiamine, TPP, sulbutiamine, so it could be that in combination with coffee???

bleaktooth

Hey pal,

I had similar issues a while ago, now gone. Try cocoa in place of coffee. I found a few papers about cocoa being very helpful for the kidneys, which made sense to me since dopamine is literally sometimes a treatment for kidney disease. I also think excessive niacin from coffee caused me some problems in terms of excess niacin promoting serotonin synthesis. I found a lot of info on cocoa benefits on Suppversity. I've noticed a lot of benefits from swapping out coffee for cocoa, maybe its the extra theobromine or my cortisol was higher than I realised.

all best

Momentum

In the end it seems coffee was the culprit.

I've also been trying a lot of different b1 types like Allithiamine, TPP, sulbutiamine, so it could be that in combination with coffee???

Any thoughts on sulbutiamine? I'm thinking of trying it, but it has a methyl donor, so I may way to find my MTHFR status.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Any thoughts on sulbutiamine? I'm thinking of trying it, but it has a methyl donor, so I may way to find my MTHFR status.
after my extensive experimentation with b1 forms, I'd heavily suggest sticking with HCL form of b1

Momentum

after my extensive experimentation with b1 forms, I'd heavily suggest sticking with HCL form of b1
Interesting. Thank you! What did you seem to notice as different? The main thing I'm trying to treat is brain fog.
I've been on benfo, and just ordered sulbutiamine, I'll order some HCL as well.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Interesting. Thank you! What did you seem to notice as different? The main thing I'm trying to treat is brain fog.
I've been on benfo, and just ordered sulbutiamine, I'll order some HCL as well.
TPP probably the best for cognitive function. I bought it from Swanson. effects are very noticeable. its called active b1 I think. but I'm slightly worried about long term use

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals