Kidney Consumption Lowers Histamines & More

My mother always said, "Like cures like", making me wonder about these desicatted grass fed kidney capsules. They are "Peaty", eating the whole animal, and they are one of the only sources for natural DAO, which is a prized find for histamine and allergy sufferers, but is this a too good to be true product with a downside? I could invest my time into researching it myself, but with so much conflicting information on health and diet out there, I would rather consider the source, and hear from the intelligent "Peaters" on this forum ?

Attachments

• 20210425_111955.jpg
    20210425_111955.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 12

AndrogenicJB

My mother always said, "Like cures like", making me wonder about these desicatted grass fed kidney capsules. They are "Peaty", eating the whole animal, and they are one of the only sources for natural DAO, which is a prized find for histamine and allergy sufferers, but is this a too good to be true product with a downside? I could invest my time into researching it myself, but with so much conflicting information on health and diet out there, I would rather consider the source, and hear from the intelligent "Peaters" on this forum ?
whats dao

OP
Rinse & rePeat
whats dao
An enzyme we naturally produce during digestion. Lack of it leaves the histamines needed for digestion to rise to unhealthy levels, much like a diabetic with their insulin, resulting in sinus trouble, rashes, bloating, puffy eyes, bowel issues, itchiness, congestion, migraines, ear troubles and the list goes on!

lampofred

I think a high phosphate food like kidney will raise histamine in the long-run even if it lowers it in the short-run. I think sugar, calcium, coffee, aspirin, avoidance of PUFA, avoidance of heavy metals is more likely to truly lower histamine in the long-run. And in the short run things like cyproheptadine might be helpful?

orangeUglad

I cook and eat fresh kidney around once a week and it makes me feel great! I don't have any allergies

P

Peatness

Not sure how peaty it is

This was posted elsewhere about freeze dried liver, I think it may also apply to this product
Not sure this is peaty. Below is a post regarding freeze dried liver. Dr peat expresses caution. Furthermore, he thinks defatting is good. This supplement is not deffated. Raw glands carry the risk of infection too.

Question : Do you have any opinion on Grass fed capsules or all "Peaty" website selling this. They are saying that for exemple Brain beef capsules promote new nerons and many other benefits.

RP : I haven’t heard of those products; I thought people had stopped using anything containing beef brain or spinal cord because of the mad cow prion disease problem. Grass feeding doesn’t matter for desiccated thyroid because it’s throughly defatted.

Question : Should we also be careful with Grass Beef Liver Capsules ? Collagen Hydrolysate ?

RP : Defatted liver capsules provide iron, some trace minerals, and at least some of the B vitamins, but there have been studies of multivitamin-mineral tablets that found that including copper and iron in a formula destroyed most of the vitamins. If they are freeze-dried, with the oily vitamins still present, the fragments of oxidized vitamins A and K are likely to be harmful.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think a high phosphate food like kidney will raise histamine in the long-run even if it lowers it in the short-run. I think sugar, calcium, coffee, aspirin, avoidance of PUFA, avoidance of heavy metals is more likely to truly lower histamine in the long-run. And in the short run things like cyproheptadine might be helpful?
Thanks for that insight. I have no need for it, but I am hesitant to recommend it to anyone not knowing. My girlfriend swears by it, but the very fact is is dried seems like something that would raise histamines in the longrun. I suppose it could be a once in awhile thing, since it apparently does work, but shouldn't be anything to rely on. Like you said, sugar, salt, calcium & coffee is the optimal choice.

orangeUglad

Is cutting out the white fat essential
I cut out about 1/3rd of the white fat cause I personally don't like the taste of it...cutting it out is definitely not essential...Native Americans greatly treasured the kidney fat, also ancient peoples in the Bible treasured the kidney fat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I cook and eat fresh kidney around once a week and it makes me feel great! I don't have any allergies
Fresh is better for sure! Did you have allergies or histamine issues before including fresh kidney into your diet? Secondly how do you prepare your kidney? I was getting the Liverwurst from Grasslandbeef.com which has liver, heart and kidney in it, but switched to their braunschweiger, for more liver, not knowing then that kidney had DAO. Gosh thanks for that input ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not sure how peaty it is

This was posted elsewhere about freeze dried liver, I think it may also apply to this product

Not sure this is peaty. Below is a post regarding freeze dried liver. Dr peat expresses caution. Furthermore, he thinks defatting is good. This supplement is not deffated. Raw glands carry the risk of infection too.

Question : Do you have any opinion on Grass fed capsules or all "Peaty" website selling this. They are saying that for exemple Brain beef capsules promote new nerons and many other benefits.

RP : I haven’t heard of those products; I thought people had stopped using anything containing beef brain or spinal cord because of the mad cow prion disease problem. Grass feeding doesn’t matter for desiccated thyroid because it’s throughly defatted.

Question : Should we also be careful with Grass Beef Liver Capsules ? Collagen Hydrolysate ?

RP : Defatted liver capsules provide iron, some trace minerals, and at least some of the B vitamins, but there have been studies of multivitamin-mineral tablets that found that including copper and iron in a formula destroyed most of the vitamins. If they are freeze-dried, with the oily vitamins still present, the fragments of oxidized vitamins A and K are likely to be harmful.
Woo hoo! That is a Holy Grail tidbit! I can't wait to warn her! I only said "seems to be Peaty" being oragan meat, but the dried thing gave me pause. I knew I could rely on "Ray Peaters"! Made Cow yikes! Thank you!!

orangeUglad

Fresh is better for sure! Did you have allergies or histamine issues before including fresh kidney into your diet? Secondly how do you prepare your kidney? I was getting the Liverwurst from Grasslandbeef.com which has liver, heart and kidney in it, but switched to their braunschweiger, for more liver, not knowing then that kidney had DAO. Gosh thanks for that input ?
I've been lucky enough to never deal with allergies..To be honest the kidneys really make me feel the same as eating liver..an increase in energy and mental clarity. Kidney is just so dang cheap to buy at this mexican store I live next to and my boyfriend loves the taste of them Lol so I always end up with it in the freezer. I wash my kidneys in water, cut out most of the white fat, chop them up into bite sized pieces...blend up some tomatoes, ginger, onion with a bit of water...start to fry that mixture in coconut oil...once the tomato mixture turns a darker red color I add the kidney pieces to it...(continue to boil) add some chicken or beef bouillon to the mixture..add some sea salt...add veggies of ur choice..chopped carrots..celery..whatever...once the veggies u added to it are fully cooked ur done and just plop that over some white rice. ??

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I've been lucky enough to never deal with allergies..To be honest the kidneys really make me feel the same as eating liver..an increase in energy and mental clarity. Kidney is just so dang cheap to buy at this mexican store I live next to and my boyfriend loves the taste of them Lol so I always end up with it in the freezer. I wash my kidneys in water, cut out most of the white fat, chop them up into bite sized pieces...blend up some tomatoes, ginger, onion with a bit of water...start to fry that mixture in coconut oil...once the tomato mixture turns a darker red color I add the kidney pieces to it...(continue to boil) add some chicken or beef bouillon to the mixture..add some sea salt...add veggies of ur choice..chopped carrots..celery..whatever...once the veggies u added to it are fully cooked ur done and just plop that over some white rice. ??
Do they taste as bad as liver?