Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

mr.mag

Well high is relative, but according to Cronometer white buttons have many times more copper than zinc.

Environ Sci Technol. 2016 Sep 6;50(17):9661-70.
Arsenic, Lead, and Cadmium in U.S. Mushrooms and Substrate in Relation to Dietary Exposure.
Seyfferth AL1, McClatchy C1, Paukett M1.
Abstract
Wild mushrooms can absorb high quantities of metal(loid)s, yet the concentration, speciation, and localization of As, Pb, and Cd in cultivated mushrooms, particularly in the United States, are unresolved. We collected 40 samples of 12 types of raw mushrooms from 2 geographic locations that produce the majority of marketable U.S. mushrooms and analyzed the total As, Pb, and Cd content, the speciation and localization of As in select samples, and assessed the metal sources and substrate-to-fruit transfer at one representative farm. Cremini mushrooms contained significantly higher total As concentrations than Shiitake and localized the As differently; while As in Cremini was distributed throughout the fruiting body, it was localized to the hymenophore region in Shiitake. Cd was significantly higher in Royal Trumpet than in White Button, Cremini, and Portobello, while no difference was observed in Pb levels among the mushrooms. Concentrations of As, Pb, and Cd were less than 1 μg g(-1) d.w. in all mushroom samples, and the overall risk of As, Cd, and Pb intake from mushroom consumption is low in the U.S. However, higher percentages of tolerable intake levels are observed when calculating risk based on single serving-sizes or when substrate contains elevated levels of metal(loid)s.

all mushrooms draw heavy metals - even organically grown
what are people's thoughts on this?

cyclops

As far as the estrogen lowering effects go, is this particular to white button mushrooms or do other mushrooms work as well? I'm particular thinking about cremini mushrooms as I can get them easily. Would these work just as well?

theLaw

Tried these last night, but I think I must have made a mistake. Zero libido increase + digestive distress.

Here's how I prepared them:

1. Rinsed white button mushrooms (1lb)

2. Placed them in covered pot with enough water to cover

3. Cooked them on medium for 2.5hrs

They were very chewy + I didn't chop them into smaller pieces before cooking, so perhaps that was the issue.

TripleOG

Yea try chopping them up.

Perhaps covering vs. uncovering the pot also makes a difference? Letting the hydrazine dissipate freely while uncovered may be beneficial.

I only have experience chopping mushrooms up in a food processor then boiling uncovered for 2.5-3 hours. I consume 0.5 - 1.0 cup at a time. Haven't experienced a negative reaction.

OP
ecstatichamster
I consumer a tablespoon or so of mushrooms cooked thoroughly. I can’t imagine half or a full cup of them at a time. I think it would cause a lot of GI distress for me.

Aleeri

I don't know about this GI distress you guys talking about but I consume 100g mushrooms per day and I only fry them in a pan, never have GI problems.

Marie2000

buahahah , I have a question from female intruder, when u pressure cook them you add a lot of water? as in they turn into stock?

So it's difficult to say what it is. But I have found great "male health" benefits from these puppies.

I chop and sautee 1 pound of white mushrooms, then about 5 or 10 minutes later, cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes, which equals over 2 hours of cooking.

I've been using about 2 to 4 tablespoons a day. About 1/5 of a pound each day in equivalent fresh shrooms.

I still have a carrot each day.

I have noticed very positive libido and erection improvements (and both are normally VERY good anyway) and I think it's the shrooms.

I am not really used to it yet. A bit more gas at times. But I sense this will settle down into a great routine.

I am having more bowel movements. I eat the mushrooms with potatoes (well cooked) and ketchup and a little coconut oil and it taste GREAT. Mushrooms don't have much flavor but they have a ton of umami.

I think my gut is adopting to this and I think the anti-aromatization effect is striking.
I noticed this too ate a whole pack then an hour later fornicated with a lady friend and jeez it was awesome

Makrosky

@ecstatichamster do you still take them regularly? I am inclined to try a powerful version of that when I have a chance. It is about including other mushrooms like oyster, turktail, lions mane, shitake, maitake, etc....

The combo must be great.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster do you still take them regularly? I am inclined to try a powerful version of that when I have a chance. It is about including other mushrooms like oyster, turktail, lions mane, shitake, maitake, etc....

The combo must be great.

I still take them regularly but not every day.

OP
ecstatichamster
Have you tried other mushrooms? I have been reading Paul Stamets lately. I love this man. Wanna try some other mushrooms he recommends.

I have various dried mushroom powders but haven’t tried them nor fresh ones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals