Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

Aymen

Hey @ecstatichamster , i,m thinking about chopping mushrooms then frying them in a pan with butter or coconut oil for about 5 minutes , then using a pressure cooking for 20 minutes with water , is it enough to eliminate hydrazine ?

TripleOG

Got an Instant Pot over the holidays. Have been doing the fry -> pressure cook method after finely chopping them up in a food processor. For me, this way has been much better than just boiling for 3hrs. Tastes better, doesn't plague the house with agaritine fumes, and the effects have been much more potent. My appetite has increased dramatically and it reduces gut inflammation on command. Not only that, but my gut has become more resilient to bad dishes.

This really should be a staple in everyone's diet.

YourUniverse

Ate a lb. of cooked white buttons today.

Have been in and out of the washroom since! Be careful with dose...

Biotin: mushrooms seem to be a good source of it. Nice.

OP
ecstatichamster
yes, start with a tablespoon. For some that may be too much.

I eat about 2 - 3 tablespoons and that works wonders.

1 pound of fresh mushrooms lasts about a week or 10 days.

Aymen

yes, start with a tablespoon. For some that may be too much.

I eat about 2 - 3 tablespoons and that works wonders.

1 pound of fresh mushrooms lasts about a week or 10 days.
if i use a pressure cooker , open the ventilator then i put butter in it and then put 1 pound of mushrooms and gently move them for 5-7 minutes until i see the liquid , then i add a cup of water and close the pressure cooker for 20 minutes , is it enough to eliminate hydrazine and cook the mushrooms ?

cyclops

Do White Button mushrooms and Cremini (and even Portobello) all have the same positive effects as far as lowering estrogen go? I just learned that they're all very similar and from the same family, but wanted to make sure we're getting the same positive effect as white button mushrooms.

vulture

Do White Button mushrooms and Cremini (and even Portobello) all have the same positive effects as far as lowering estrogen go? I just learned that they're all very similar and from the same family, but wanted to make sure we're getting the same positive effect as white button mushrooms.
I read a study on the matter months ago and the one with the most significant AI effect was the white button mushroom, then I think it was the portobello

cyclops

I read a study on the matter months ago and the one with the most significant AI effect was the white button mushroom, then I think it was the portobello

I wonder if Cremini were in the study? Interestingly, Portobello are just big Cremini Mushrooms. And from what I've read, Cremini are just Older White Button Mushrooms. So it seems like they're really all the same mushrooms, only their age is different. I'm guessing they are all somewhat similar in but I didn't know if the Estrogen reducing properties change somehow.

Last edited:

vulture

You have to search for it. I don’t remember but there were at least 4 varieties

golder

Legit questions here. I hate mushrooms but it seems like the effects of these little things just can't be ignored. I obviously want to save as much time and hassle as possible. Is canned an option here? Can someone genuienly help me out on making this thing as painless as possible, and I'd be extremely appreciative. Obviously sitting and waiting 2 hours for something to boil that I don't particularly like just isn't a sustainable part of my morning routine. Thanks very much in advance!

OP
ecstatichamster
I still use this to this day. Very very helpful.

I do a pound at a time and refrigerate and use them over the week.

Jib

Didn't know about hydrazine. If you cook them in a slow cooker for a couple hours, is it necessary to toss the liquid? I'm assuming the hydrazine would be extracted into the water and so you'd want to get rid of it.

I always loved mushrooms. A lot. Excited to add these back into my diet. Wasn't aware that they needed to be cooked so thoroughly, though. I don't have a pressure cooker so for me I guess slow cooking for a couple hours would do it.

What about much longer periods of time, like 10 or 12 hours? Would there be any loss of the benefits from the mushrooms? When I do beef roasts, I usually slow cook them for at least 10 hours to get the meat really tender. I could very easily throw a couple pounds of mushrooms into a big roast and that would last me quite a few meals.

golder

I still use this to this day. Very very helpful.

I do a pound at a time and refrigerate and use them over the week.

Bloody hell, it looks like I'm going to have to pull my finger out and actually do this. What's your method/recipe, hamster? Just to save me trawling through hundreds of posts.

OP
ecstatichamster
Grind

sauté in dry pot 10 minutes on high. Stirring. Well ventilated.

add water cover and simmer 2 hours

golder

Grind

sauté in dry pot 10 minutes on high. Stirring. Well ventilated.

add water cover and simmer 2 hours

thanks mate. Forgive the noob questions, never cooked a mushroom in my life. What do you use to grind yours and to what consistency? Not worth putting a touch of coconut oil when sautéing? How much water do you add and what do you do with the water afterwards? Extremely helpful - thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals