kev1's log

kev1

I've been eating a high sugar diet for five days now. I'll keep a log here to see any positive/negative changes.

I'm male, 22 and I have a few health problems and don't know the exact cause: dizziness, head vibrations, sound in my right ear when I make hectic movements, burning eyes, hair loss, itchy scalp, yellow tongue, TMJ.
The dizziness, tinnitus, head vibrations and hot flashes (hot ears) started after taking high dose iodine for a while (more than 100mg for a while. Don't trust people on curezone...)
After realizing that I'm not 'detoxing' I stopped the iodine. Everything got worse. I even lost control of my legs when lying in bed. (no restless legs. I really lost any control). That stopped after a few weeks.
I've had it for a whole year now. I became supplement crazy after realizing that my depression disappeared in just 2 weeks after taking vitamin b12 (5,000mcg per day). I had the suspicion that I could have hypothyroidism and, unfortunately, read the wrong stuff on the internet.
I had the TMJ (dysfunction of the jaw joint), itchy scalp and yellow tongue (generally no good mouth hygiene despite brushing and flossing) before my stupid experiment.
All of this sounds pretty dramatic, but I'm still able to live a pretty normal life :) (and I'm not depressed). The problem is that it lowers my quality of life. That's why I wanna change that. The dizziness is not as bad as it was a few months ago. When it gets really bad, it's hard to do anything.
I went to the doctor and my labs were good, she said. My TSH was 1.6, I think (T3/T4 not tested. I don't have the results, unfortunately). I went to a neurologist and had an MRI done. Nothing was found and he said 'it was not pathological' and described me an antidepressant without telling me what it is. I found out at home after looking it up and threw away the prescription. I don't think I will go to any doctors for a while now. Unless I'm really sick. I wouldn't be able to pay for anything 'alternative' anyway.

In May (2 months after the symptoms started) I went VLC. I lost weight (10 pounds) but I felt crappy. At the beginning, I even had diarrhea because I ate too much fat and had to lower my fat intake.
I ate according to the perfect health diet for a couple of months after that. The perfect health diet and the supplements they recommend didn't help (copper gave me stomach cramps and zinc gave me a bloody mouth taste?!).

I take
- 5,000 I.U. Vitamin D3 (At the end of january my vit d levels were 29 ng/ml. I took 50k for two days and then started taking 5k every day since then)
- 5mg Vitamin K2 per week
- Lithium 2.5mg (started doing that with PHD and I think it helps and it won't do any harm at that dosage)
- 40mg Aspirin (started two days ago. I won't take any more because I get a burning sensation after taking a normal dosage, so I think I might be at a higher risk of side effects. I never take aspirin for pain because of that)
- Raw Thyroid (a supplement. I'm not able to get 'real' thyroid hormone that easily where I live. It's pretty expensive though, so I might have to stop taking it. I've been taking it for a few weeks. Once I forgot to take it and started getting cold)
- Krill oil (very expensive so I might have to stop taking it. When I took it for the first time, I felt really good and energized. I think either the asaxanthin or the phospholipids might be doing me some good)
- Epsom salt baths (one cup) maybe two times per week (I tried many magnesium supplements and they almost always cause problems). When I use two cups, I actually feel worse.
- I use coconut oil for frying (every day)
- I started taking some thiamin (100mg) two days ago. Felt great after taking it for the first time. Don't know if it does anything good. It won't cause any harm at that dosage though. I think I might just take it once a week just to make sure I won't get deficient.

I think I might stop taking some or lower the dosage to save money.

The situation now:
My sugar intake is really high (freshly squeezed orange juice, milk, coffee, lots of honey, cherries). I usually eat a meal with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, cheese, heavy cream and some coconut oil at dinner time (+salt and herbs). I add some gelatin since starting with the 'diet'. The rest is all liquid, I guess. (milk shakes, coffee, orange juice ...)

Changes so far:
-> acid reflux and stomach cramps (forgot to mention it) improved, but I don't know if it will last. Might as well be placebo.
-> Stabbing sensations in my teeth started to appear and my tongue got worse (yellower). Pretty sure that it's caused by my high sugar intake.
-> Gained around 2-3 pounds? Not good?! If I continue to gain more weight, I will have to change something, I think. This will be my last diet try. If it fails, I'll go back to a 'normal' crappy standard diet. If diet doesn't help, I don't see a reason to follow rules that make things more difficult.
-> skin in my face got greasier. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's usually very dry.

I created an excel file and will rate the different symptoms from 1 to 10 for every day. I'm not looking for wonders anymore. My goal is gradual improvement. Maybe I'll be able to find some interesting correlations by documenting everything.

If you read all of this, thanks ;)
I'm excited to see what's gonna happen. If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Mittir

Curezone is a scary place. You are missing two major items strongly recommended by RP

weekly liver, 3-6 oz. Not more than this, excess vitamin A from liver blocks thyroid. Liver is lot like multivitamins.
You get tons of vitamins and minerals from this. Liver is a rich source of Vitamin K.

Daily Raw Carrot salad or just simply chew a raw carrot. Not more than 1 carrot, excess beta carotene blocks thyroid.
This has amazing ability to kill bacteria and lower endotoxins This helps to lower estrogen and increase progesterone and thyroid. Best time to take carrot salad is in the afternoon and separate from meals.

You need atleast 80 grams of protein and each meal should contain some fat , protein and sugar.

He also recommends to eat mostly fat and carb ( ice cream , only hagendaz) during night as
tryptophan in muscle meat can cause stress during sleep.

I use t bone broth for dinner for protein and it is very low in tryptophan and promotes deep resting sleep.
Gelatine is a very important part of his diet.

He also recommends milk with 2-3 tbs of sugar and some salt as sleeping aid before bed.
It is very important to have deep resting sleep and a good storage of liver glycogen during sleep.

RP is very cautious about recommending supplements because of impurity and problematic excipients.
He strongly recommends vitamin E supplements for people who consumed lots of PUFA in past.
I used to had 30+ supplements a day and then i stopped it all except for vitamin E and D.
I think its best idea to get all our vitamins from foods.

The raw thyroid from natural source do have kelp in their supplement.
Once you start taking thyroid supplement you cant suddenly stop it. That will make you hypothyroid.

If you feel uncomfortable with too much fluid in the diet you can use cheese as a substitute for milk.

You also need a weekly serving of seafood for selenium and other minerals.

Your TSH below 2 is within RP's normal range.

I hope it helps.

OP
K

kev1

Thank you for your answer :)
I forgot to mention the raw carrot salad. I've been doing that also. (with olive oil, vinegar, and salt)
I used to eat a lot of eggs and I think I could make them part of the diet for selenium and vitamin A. Would that work?
I really don't like liver. Even get sick when seeing it. Are there good recipes how to 'hide' the taste and the look? :D
I'm also not able to get organic meat/organ meat.
I haven't eaten high PUFA for almost a year now. Maybe even longer.
They changed the formula of raw thyroid and switched kelp with ginger. Probably because people started complaining about it. I think I'll order some more and then start taking it not as often instead of just stopping immediately. Unfortunately, there is no way to 'cut' a capsule =/

jaa

I hate the taste of liver as well. To mask it, I soak the liver in warm water for 30 minutes or so. Then I puree the liver and cook it with ground meat.

4peatssake

jaa said:
I hate the taste of liver as well. To mask it, I soak the liver in warm water for 30 minutes or so. Then I puree the liver and cook it with ground meat.

That's a great idea jaa! I think I'll try that.

What I have done is soak the liver for a couple of hours in milk and then pan fry a load of onions finely chopped until near crispy and add the liver and fry until cooked. This is surprisingly good and masks the "liver" taste.

OP
K

kev1

I put liver in my ground beef yesterday. I tried everything to mask the taste, but it's not just the taste :(
I really don't like it at all.

I seem to gain weight on this diet. I've gained around 7 pounds in one single week. I think I'm getting fat...
My pulse is usually above 80 now (~85). It was usually below 80. My feet are warm at night.
I stopped taking everything but Vitamin D and Aspirin (increased dosage to 75mg (one baby aspirin here)).
If I gain more, I'll have to rethink my approach. Does anyone have any advice? I don't wanna become fat again...

Mittir

kev1 said:
I put liver in my ground beef yesterday. I tried everything to mask the taste, but it's not just the taste :(
I really don't like it at all.

I seem to gain weight on this diet. I've gained around 7 pounds in one single week. I think I'm getting fat...
My pulse is usually above 80 now (~85). It was usually below 80. My feet are warm at night.
I stopped taking everything but Vitamin D and Aspirin (increased dosage to 75mg (one baby aspirin here)).
If I gain more, I'll have to rethink my approach. Does anyone have any advice? I don't wanna become fat again...

You have to count calories. I lost 14 pounds in few weeks when i stopped eating starch and ate all sugar ( sucrose and juice)
I also gained weight when i switched from low carb paleo to high carb. one quart of whole milk is about 600 calories and 1 tbs sugar is 52 cal and 1 tbs of oil is 110 cal. Find out your calorie requirements and follow that. If your temperature and pulse are going up that means your metabolism is going up. Low fat cottage cheese are high in protein and low in calories. Increasing protein will help you to loose weight and suppress hunger. You can make your own milk curd by adding vinegar or lemon juice to your milk. Its mostly protein. What is your daily protein intake?

If you soak liver in milk or salt water for 10-12 hours it is lot easier to eat. Another way is to boil the liver in hot water for 3-4 min and then fry the liver in oil. You may loose some water soluble vitamins but not much. It is still nutritious. Chicken liver are lot easier on palate.

burtlancast

You might want to try high dose vit c ( 10-20 g/day) for a few days and see if some of your troubles disappear.

This will temporarly reverse any heavy metal poisonning.

Also, for depression, Abram Hoffer has devised an excellent protocol around niacin ( 3g/ day or much more) with an excellent track record.

OP
K

kev1

I've become very critical of high dose vitamin treatments. I think that proponents of 'orthomolecular medicine' tend to downplay possible side effects of high dosages. (e.g. folic acid fortification and cancer association) On the other hand, the mainstream just ignores vitamins altogether.
High dose vitamin C gives me stomach cramps and diarrhea. Slowly increasing it didn't work either. I take a little bit of vitamin C (maybe a gram) per day because it's harmless. Hopefully, it does something good :P
Tried niacin and niacinamide high dose as well (before my iodine experiment). Even the niacinamide gave me flushing and eyelid twitching. It also made me feel strange/bad.

Back
Top Bottom