Ketotifen (where To Buy Online?)

Nick21

It appears that the ibs-d urgency, cramping, and loose stools benefit from ketotifen, and it is rather dose sensitive in that I likely need 2 mg twice a day, at least, which I think matches the studies published on the topic. Anyone have recommendations for an online dealer that they have previously personally utilized and that ships to the US or Canada (preferred), without needing a written prescription? I hope cyproh will work better than ketotifen.

HDD

It appears that the ibs-d urgency, cramping, and loose stools benefit from ketotifen, and it is rather dose sensitive in that I likely need 2 mg twice a day, at least, which I think matches the studies published on the topic. Anyone have recommendations for an online dealer that they have previously personally utilized and that ships to the US or Canada (preferred), without needing a written prescription? I hope cyproh will work better than ketotifen.
I purchased ketotifen several months ago.
Results for: "Ketotifen" - Farmacia Del Niño - PHARMACY ONLINE IN MEXICO OF BRAND NAME & GENERIC MEDICATIONS, DRUG STORE IN MEXICO, MEDICINES ONLINE, PHARMACY IN MEXICO / Anointed By God

OP
N

Nick21

HDD, could you discuss why you got ketotifen and did it help, and are you still using it or did you find something better. I think it will help for me but I suppose a higher dosage may be needed or the tablets I have lost some of their effectiveness. I find it also does not seem to last long, a few hours at most. I am eager to try a separate supply such as from the company you mentioned.

HDD

HDD, could you discuss why you got ketotifen and did it help, and are you still using it or did you find something better. I think it will help for me but I suppose a higher dosage may be needed or the tablets I have lost some of their effectiveness. I find it also does not seem to last long, a few hours at most. I am eager to try a separate supply such as from the company you mentioned.
I purchased ketotifen for a family member for mental issues (suggestion from Ray Peat). Unfortunately, it was not taken so I don’t have any results to report.

managing

I purchased ketotifen for a family member for mental issues (suggestion from Ray Peat). Unfortunately, it was not taken so I don’t have any results to report.
If you don't mind identifying what kind of issues and what RP said about it, I am sure I am not the only one who would love to hear it. (And if you do mind, totally understandable).

I use it occasionally as a sleep aid. It comes in 30mg tablets. I find that just a mg or two makes me sleep deeply and restfully. I only use it when sleep is disturbed or challenged for some reason. Change time zones, high altitude, etc. I'll also take it occasionally if I've had alcohol or am experiencing bowel disturbance. Definitely seems to have a protective/therapeutic effect. Only negative is it last about 12 hours, but I only want to sleep for 8 or so. So there is a little grogginess for first hour or so in morning. But nothing a cup of coffee and breakfast can't cure.

BTW, I buy it OTC in Mexico when I visit family there. Nomotec is the brand name.

HDD

If you don't mind identifying what kind of issues and what RP said about it, I am sure I am not the only one who would love to hear it. (And if you do mind, totally understandable).
The issue was symptoms of schizophrenia. Ray Peat suggested other antihistamines - ketotifen, cyproheptadine, or Benadryl in response to me suspecting famotidine had aggravated symptoms.

Edit:
“Another of the old antihistamines, ketotifen, might be helpful. It blocks histamine release, and histamine has a brain-exciting effect; caffeine’s protection against nitric oxide excess should improve the effects of antihistamines. Low thyroid people often drink huge amounts of coffee.”

Edit (2):
“The structure of ketotifen is so similar to that of cyproheptadine that their functions are likely to overlap; I think it’s better to wait about 15 hours after one before trying the other. I think that skin irritability involves mast cells. Has he ever used lidocaine or benzocaine for anything?”

managing

Edit:
“Another of the old antihistamines, ketotifen, might be helpful. It blocks histamine release, and histamine has a brain-exciting effect; caffeine’s protection against nitric oxide excess should improve the effects of antihistamines. Low thyroid people often drink huge amounts of coffee.”

Edit (2):
“The structure of ketotifen is so similar to that of cyproheptadine that their functions are likely to overlap; I think it’s better to wait about 15 hours after one before trying the other. I think that skin irritability involves mast cells. Has he ever used lidocaine or benzocaine for anything?”
Thanks. That is very interesting. Do you know why he was inquiring about lidocaine/benzo?

HDD

Thanks. That is very interesting. Do you know why he was inquiring about lidocaine/benzo?

I believe it was because I was describing his skin irritation from laundry detergent. And I was trying to find out if the skin sensitivity was connected to the mental issues. I understood his inquiring about lidocaine to be a suggestion.

managing

I believe it was because I was describing his skin irritation from laundry detergent. And I was trying to find out if the skin sensitivity was connected to the mental issues. I understood his inquiring about lidocaine to be a suggestion.
Got it. Thanks.

OP
N

Nick21

I find it makes me groggy and sleepy, a side effect I prefer to avoid granted I have those symptoms. On the other hand, I find that allegra provides some energy. Perhaps I will try mixing the two.

my doctor thinks me/cfs may be related to MCAS. I also have reactivity to mold which may be related to mast cells. Cypro is no longer working well enough for me and I've been trying to get on stronger mast cell stabilizers. What do you all think about cromolyn? So far it has no effect. How about quercetin? I am considering buying ketotifen as I have heard it is stronger. My pcp recommended cetrizine and loratadine at high doses but I think ray thinks they are bad and estrogenic. Oh--rupatadine is another one thats interesting as it does decrease some cytokines and is a mast cell stabilizer as well as antihistamine.

Broken man

my doctor thinks me/cfs may be related to MCAS. I also have reactivity to mold which may be related to mast cells. Cypro is no longer working well enough for me and I've been trying to get on stronger mast cell stabilizers. What do you all think about cromolyn? So far it has no effect. How about quercetin? I am considering buying ketotifen as I have heard it is stronger. My pcp recommended cetrizine and loratadine at high doses but I think ray thinks they are bad and estrogenic. Oh--rupatadine is another one thats interesting as it does decrease some cytokines and is a mast cell stabilizer as well as antihistamine.
Cypro will not help you because its does not lower mast cells, ketotifen does. I had some problems with this too. What I can say is that I had really big deficiency of magnesium but supplementing it without thyroid was useless so I bought thyroid and used magedoses of magnesium and it helped, I had better sleep but it wasnt some big change. Mitolipin was the key, I dont know if its because of vitamin E content or the type but I never had this effect with phospholipids from normal store. The important effect of mitolipin is that it will saturate your membranes so when you will have allergic reaction, mast cells will release saturated fatty acid and your body will not be so damaged. MCTs help with inflammation. Bromelain will help with digestion of foods, against infection and immunity. L-threonine is also good for immunity. You can also try some probiotics. I am using them everyday. So magnesium, mitolipin, MCTs, bromelain (whole pineapple if you can) and if you want to experiment l-threonine and probiotics.

Cypro will not help you because its does not lower mast cells, ketotifen does. I had some problems with this too. What I can say is that I had really big deficiency of magnesium but supplementing it without thyroid was useless so I bought thyroid and used magedoses of magnesium and it helped, I had better sleep but it wasnt some big change. Mitolipin was the key, I dont know if its because of vitamin E content or the type but I never had this effect with phospholipids from normal store. The important effect of mitolipin is that it will saturate your membranes so when you will have allergic reaction, mast cells will release saturated fatty acid and your body will not be so damaged. MCTs help with inflammation. Bromelain will help with digestion of foods, against infection and immunity. L-threonine is also good for immunity. You can also try some probiotics. I am using them everyday. So magnesium, mitolipin, MCTs, bromelain (whole pineapple if you can) and if you want to experiment l-threonine and probiotics.
okay now I’m curious about mitolipin. As far as thyroid goes I’ve alrwady experimented w a lot and it doesn’t solve this issue. I think mold can just be very toxic and I’m unsure if there’s much that can be done besides getting out of it but I’m going to try magnesium injections and ketotifen. Cypro does help w reactivity and general well being some but I gain tolerance quickly and I’m not sure what doses are needed. Cromolyn really doesn’t seem like enough for me but I haven’t gotten anywhere near the max dose.

Broken man

okay now I’m curious about mitolipin. As far as thyroid goes I’ve alrwady experimented w a lot and it doesn’t solve this issue. I think mold can just be very toxic and I’m unsure if there’s much that can be done besides getting out of it but I’m going to try magnesium injections and ketotifen. Cypro does help w reactivity and general well being some but I gain tolerance quickly and I’m not sure what doses are needed. Cromolyn really doesn’t seem like enough for me but I haven’t gotten anywhere near the max dose.
Mitolipin is very good substance overall, mainly for liver. For the info I talked about, I can point you through conversation.

By the way, would any of these mast cell stabilizers or antihistamines have negative effect on hair/balding? I’m not balding atm But my hair gets thin sometimes—I assume due to stress/illness. Danny Roddy says histamine and mast cells play a role in balding so I’d assume broadly good to use antihistamines. But with mast cell/allergy drugs there’s a lot of variance. Loratadine ive heard bad things about even though lots of doctors recommend it as a safe otc antihistamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals