ddjd

I managed to gradually increase it up to 600 mcg. But as far as I see minimal effective dose seems to be 200 mcg só Im back to 200 mcg to avoid side effects and get yet get sustainable results. I'm taking about IBS and chronic pancreatitis mostly.
still taking it?

ddjd

Many people on the forum have reported struggling with poor digestion, and some have experienced relief by taking digestive enzymes. Peat and many other researchers have written about the connection between poor digestion and virtually all chronic conditions. The pancreas can get damaged by a number of assaults, including dietary/metabolic ones like PUFA and alcohol, excess iron, NO, excess histamine/epinephrine, etc as well as external toxins like ionizing radiation, phthalates, bisphenols, heavy metals, and even lack of sun. It is well-known that pancreatic function declines with age and restoring it to youthful levels brings about improved health and vitality. Unfortunately, there are very few interventions known to improve pancreatic function after it has been damaged. Extracts from pancreatic glands and digestive enzymes are the two most commonly used options, and the ones with most research behind them. However, it has not really been shown that enzymes improve the health of the pancreas itself as opposed to simply providing the missing enzymes needed for digestion.
This Russian study (for which I can't get the full text unfortunately) shows that the HED of 1mg - 2mg ketotifen daily can restore pancreatic function and impaired digestion brought about by anaphylactic shock. This shock state is characterized by elevated histamine/adrenaline levels, which are some of the endogenous agents (listed above) known to damage the pancreas.
I think cyproheptadine may be able to do the same, but I have no direct study to quote. Ketotifen and cyproheptadine are essentially the same molecule, but ketotifen seems to be milder on the liver and the billiary tract.

[Correction with zaditen of impaired activity of pancreatic digestive enzymes in sensitization and anaphylactic shock]. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The effect of the antihistaminic drug zaditen on the activity of pancreatic digestive enzymes was studied in white rats under sensitization and anaphylactic shock conditions. The sensitization and anaphylaxis are accompanied by significant changes in the spectrum and activity of pancreatic enzymes (alpha amylase, protease complex, lipase), leading to disorders in the digestion and assimilation of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Zaditen reduced negative changes in the enzyme secretion system of pancreas under conditions of this pathology."
out of interest haidut do you think lighter coloured stools after taking ketotifen might be a sign that it's beneficial for the pancreas

NathanK

out of interest haidut do you think lighter coloured stools after taking ketotifen might be a sign that it's beneficial for the pancreas
Isn't lighter colored stools, from fat malabsorption, one of the signs of pancreatic enzyme deficiency?

Luann

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but would simply raising DAO in order to lower body histamine have benefits that are at all comparable? I am referring to the skin-care thread that Haidut posted as well.

ddjd

Isn't lighter colored stools, from fat malabsorption, one of the signs of pancreatic enzyme deficiency?
im talking about a light brown/caramel colour to the stool. I always associate that with a healthy digestive period. anything dark brown I take as a bad sign and often occurs after a period of poor diet/ alcohol etc.

200 mcg mostly every day. Really works

I can echo this. I take as little as 30-40 mcg/day and see benefit.

Damn good idea!!! I never have thought about using less than 200 mcg

Broken man

Here you are. Коррекция задитеном нарушений активности пищеварительных ферментов поджелудочной железы при сенсибилизации и анафилактическом шоке | Исмаилов | Экспериментальная и клиническая фармакология
In Russian, unfortunately. The study was actually made in Uzbekistan. And interestingly the same author has another study on antihistamines and pancreas made some years before the study on ketotifen, the drug was quifenadine Quifenadine - Wikipedia. There is no easy way to get that older study even in Russian, I'll try. Interestingly in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in 1996 someщту made very similar study on pancreas and quifenadine.

I have a chronic pancreatitis since childhood and I decided to give a try to antihistamines. So Im going to check my pancreas before and after, will post results here.
Did you zhad success?

Broken man

Here you are. Коррекция задитеном нарушений активности пищеварительных ферментов поджелудочной железы при сенсибилизации и анафилактическом шоке | Исмаилов | Экспериментальная и клиническая фармакология
In Russian, unfortunately. The study was actually made in Uzbekistan. And interestingly the same author has another study on antihistamines and pancreas made some years before the study on ketotifen, the drug was quifenadine Quifenadine - Wikipedia. There is no easy way to get that older study even in Russian, I'll try. Interestingly in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in 1996 someщту made very similar study on pancreas and quifenadine.

I have a chronic pancreatitis since childhood and I decided to give a try to antihistamines. So Im going to check my pancreas before and after, will post results here.
Did you zhad success?

It's OTC here in Brazil. As far as I remember you are from Europe, probably you can get it from Russia by mail.

managing

It's OTC here in Brazil. As far as I remember you are from Europe, probably you can get it from Russia by mail.
For the US, I buy it when I go to Mexico. Farmacias del Ahorro is a large chain. They make a liquid suspension for children under their own label. I put it in dropper bottles and each drop is 10mcg. I find therapeutic results from as little as one drop several times during the day and 4-5 drops at night.

Kray

For the US, I buy it when I go to Mexico. Farmacias del Ahorro is a large chain. They make a liquid suspension for children under their own label. I put it in dropper bottles and each drop is 10mcg. I find therapeutic results from as little as one drop several times during the day and 4-5 drops at night.
Does anyone here have an update on where to find Ketotifen or Zaditen online, shipped to US? Where are trusted pharmacies globally? I see some options for product from Turkey, Canada (expensive), or India.

ddjd

4 years later can you send us an update please???

I'm having pretty bad constant pancreas pain and need to find a solution

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals