Ketamine Thoughts/experiences/antidepressant Qualities

How did he prescribe it ? As the nasal spray variant ? It fetches thousands does it not ? Or did he prescribe standard Ketamine ?
nasal spray--the new nasal spray thats a branded single isomer thing is expensive, the compounded variant is like 60$/month--unfortunately not covered by insurance, but not tgat much worse than a couple haidut supplements

Frankdee20

nasal spray--the new nasal spray thats a branded single isomer thing is expensive, the compounded variant is like 60$/month--unfortunately not covered by insurance, but not tgat much worse than a couple haidut supplements

Ketamine is related to PCP Angel Dust. It is a strong NMDA blocking agent. So is Magnesium and Zinc.

Sativa

Agmatine shares very similar modes of action to Ketamine, notably the pro-neurogenesis effects!
Agmatine is OTC and also peat approved - he has mentioned it!

managing

Agmatine shares very similar modes of action to Ketamine, notably the pro-neurogenesis effects!
Agmatine is OTC and also peat approved - he has mentioned it!
Have you used it? I tried it and felt great for a few weeks and then started having massive adrenaline surges. I suspect that, like ketamine, perhaps its best used in very small doses. I was using 100-200 mg 3xd. Bodybuilders use a lot more.

Sativa

Have you used it?
yes, but in the context of exploring its psychoactive potential.
Also, as a means of resetting my accumulated tolerances to other psychoactive substances.

Agmatine is interesting, has interesting psychedelic properties (via 5-HT2A) & promotes neurogenesis like ketamine (via mTor). It also has cannabinoid enhancing properties, so I used it in combination with a potent OTC endocannabinoid called 'Palmitoylethanolamide'. Together they are wonderfully therapeutic, and also have notable metabolic boosting properties which synergise well together.
I only used it a few times, but it notably heightens my awareness and seeing as i'm already quite sensitive, I only use Agmatine very rarely and between 200mg -1000mg depending on my intention.

Ketamine may work against depression by its lowering glucocorticoids

What other compounds do that?

Sativa

Ketamine may work against depression by its lowering glucocorticoids

What other compounds do that?

try being proactive and using a search engine, with the relevant keywords, to look around the forum! Plenty of info available...

Jsaute21

try being proactive and using a search engine, with the relevant keywords, to look around the forum! Plenty of info available...
For some people “looking around the forum” during a 60 hour work week doesn’t suffice. If you feel someone asks an annoying/redundant question, just don’t answer it.

Sativa

Well, nearly all of the Ray Peat & Haidut recommended substances/solutions are anti cortisol :)

Sativa

For some people “looking around the forum” during a 60 hour work week doesn’t suffice.
I suppose the weekend is never far away :)
Perhaps if I took myself as seriously as you 2 maybe I'd get somewhere! Resolving learned helplessness also involves changing one's psychological patterning...

Who knows... perhaps someone will do the leg work for you and post their results :)

managing

I suppose the weekend is never far away :)
Perhaps if I took myself as seriously as you 2 maybe I'd get somewhere! Resolving learned helplessness also involves changing one's psychological patterning...

Who knows... perhaps someone will do the leg work for you and post their results :)
I think its quite apparent from the tone of your original comment that you were taking yourself too seriously. As @Jsaute21 said, if you don't like the question, just ignore it. Otherwise you will have the tendency, unintentional quite possibly, of stifling discussion.

Sativa

Sure, you're totally right. My self importance must have gotten the better of me - I'm always a victim you see, helpless to external circumstances.
(It's not like I specifically tailor my words to give a specific impression, maybe ott psychological manipulation lol!)
This demonstrates how seriously i take myself.
... humour aside...
re topic @ hand:
nearly all of the Ray Peat & Haidut recommended substances/solutions are directly/indirectly anti cortisol :)

Memantine is significantly more potent than ketamine via its glutamate (nmda) activities.

Agmatine is the best OTC ketamine alternative, with very similar properties, and somewhat less 'toxic' / abrupt interactions with the CNS & brain systems.

Last edited:

Jsaute21

Sure, you're totally right. My self importance must have gotten the better of me - I'm always a victim you see. Its not like I specifically tailor my words to give a specific impression

re topic @ hand:
nearly all of the Ray Peat & Haidut recommended substances/solutions are directly/indirectly anti cortisol :)
This forum is awesome and full of incredible information. There is no doubt about that. But the notion that everyone has the time to research the forum for answers can be a bit frustrating. My health has improved considerably since finding this place on 2016, which has resulted in me spending far less time on here. When i am on here, i am typically trying to pick the brain of folks such as Haidut who are more informed than i am. If that's lazy or wrong I apologize, but let's facilitate a helpful environment instead of making people feel dumb.

I think the best way to lower cortisol is to lower gut inflammation because I think Dr. Peat has argued very persuasively that often endotoxins are at the bottom of most chronic health issues, along with of course PUFAs.

Sativa

I think the best way to lower cortisol is to lower gut inflammation because I think Dr. Peat has argued very persuasively that often endotoxins are at the bottom of most chronic health issues, along with of course PUFAs.

A more direct & immediate solution to lower cortisol would be Gelatin (glycine, proline), Salicylic acid, Methylene Blue, CoQ10, vit B6/E, succinic/L-pyroglutamic acid (many many more...) and anti-endotoxin substances aka TLR4 antagonists (eg vit B1, progestérone, many many more...).

You could take a more holistic approach and enhance/strengthen Liver function, whose role, IIRC, it is to detox endotoxin, and create active thyroid hormone.

Just look at the ingredients for Haiduts Idealabs products i guess.

Last edited:

managing

This forum is awesome and full of incredible information. There is no doubt about that. But the notion that everyone has the time to research the forum for answers can be a bit frustrating. My health has improved considerably since finding this place on 2016, which has resulted in me spending far less time on here. When i am on here, i am typically trying to pick the brain of folks such as Haidut who are more informed than i am. If that's lazy or wrong I apologize, but let's facilitate a helpful environment instead of making people feel dumb.
To be fair, I too thought Hamster's question was *slightly* lazy. I just thought the response of @Sativa was a little over the top and ironic to boot.

Sativa

I just thought the response of @Sativa was a little over the top and ironic to boot.
My best quality is the ability to laugh at myself, allowing me to tailor how i come across to [apparently serious] people, usually by manipulating their subconscious minds, using my words, which they conveniently read. my own brand of Intuitive NLP i suppose.

anyway.
Has anyone here actually tried ketamine/memantine/agmatine/adamantine?

Ketamine is popular recreational substance around here (self administered therapeutic agent, like.any substance use eg alcohol, tobacco, GHB etc).
Memantine felt nothing like K, it was more in the background (I took 5mg), I used it for its potent underrated 'tolérance resetting' properties (also shared by K & Agmatine).
Agmatine is profoundly more like K than anything else.

Last edited:

Terma

You know that's what haidut tells people too sometimes and y'all know you give him a free pass ;)

(Sorry I couldn't help it lol)

[Ok delete this post now]

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals