Kerrygold Butter.

Progress888

It says so. I guess it can be false advertising as well but it’s definitely leaps and bounds better than other readily available butters I’ve had (and it’s a good price)
Oh.

Sorry for what may have seemed like a stupid question ?

I only asked because I am in Canada but have never seen Kirkland butter that says grass fed.

So I was thinking maybe you were saying it was grass fed solely from your observations of the darker yellow colour.

But good to know.

Lilac

The Kerrygold switcheroo should not have been a surprise. Now, in hindsight, it's easy to understand. What was once a small, niche specialty--top-quality butter imported from Ireland--is now a global brand. No way artisanal methods can be maintained.

I remember, way back, when Godiva chocolates first made the scene in New York. It was touted that they were flown in daily from Belgium. Thirty years later, it was mass production in America and bad ingredients.

Dave Clark

The Kerrygold switcheroo should not have been a surprise. Now, in hindsight, it's easy to understand. What was once a small, niche specialty--top-quality butter imported from Ireland--is now a global brand. No way artisanal methods can be maintained.

I remember, way back, when Godiva chocolates first made the scene in New York. It was touted that they were flown in daily from Belgium. Thirty years later, it was mass production in America and bad ingredients.
yeah, i live about 8 miles from a Godiva plant that has been there for at least 30 years that I can remember. Workers there were allowed to buy what they called X bags, which were seconds that didn't make the grade, maybe some small imperfections, but they tasted the same. They were some good tasting chocolates, but now, I am sure they have PUFAs and other junk ingredients. in them. As long as the KerryGold is all grass fed butter, it is still a good product then, no matter where it is made. But, we have to be vigilant, since things can change, and we can't just have blind faith that the quality is always going to be there.

Inaut

Oh.

Sorry for what may have seemed like a stupid question ?

I only asked because I am in Canada but have never seen Kirkland butter that says grass fed.

So I was thinking maybe you were saying it was grass fed solely from your observations of the darker yellow colour.

But good to know.
I just looked at my butter. It doesn’t say anything about grass fed... I take back my comments, besides it being a good price for wherever it’s from. My bad and thanks for questioning @Progress888 .

tallglass13

I completely stopped even thinking about Kerry gold when I saw they had an item that was half canola oil.. any company that thinks that that's okay or good is not a friend of mine!