Keeping Warm Enhances Mind And Body Function

haidut

Forum Supporter
A good article explaining the connection between higher body temperature and the release of thyroid hormone. Higher body temperature may contribute to releasing more thyroid. So, another argument in favor of keeping warm and against "cold thermogenesis". The pathological state of increased temperature would be "feverish mind" as in feverish delirium. An increase in temperature within reasonable limits would lead to "an enhancement of the activity of body and mind". Just like Peat said - most intelligent people have temperature around 98.5 degrees.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/fevered-imaginations

"...In everyday life, the accelerated release of thyroxine that will take place as the body core temperature rises to 39ºC in a sauna or hot-tub will contribute to an enhancement of the activity of body and mind: to the euphoria and to the occasional Eureka!"

Ben

I personally noticed my concentration is not up to speed if the external temperature is cold, and there is more brain fog/confusion and self-control. If it's too hot, I don't get the same effect, but the heat gets distracting. Comfortably warm most of the time is the best bet, and RP recommended light, brief falls in temperature on occasion to stimulate anabolic hormones.

Luann

I'm more social when wearing jackets & gloves at work (it's chilly) and my judgement & decisions seem way more grounded.

Cirion

I'm more social when wearing jackets & gloves at work (it's chilly) and my judgement & decisions seem way more grounded.

This is a 5 year old post :P

But yes, temperature management is where its at to gauge and improve your metabolism. I have been obsessed lately trying to even get my temp right out of bed to 98.6. I have gotten it to 98+ every day for almost a week now, and got 98.4 this morning. seems the key is definitely proper carb intakes and blood sugar management.

a nice hack for winter is heating for sure. I keep my house at least 70 sometimes up to 80 deg during this winter here.

Luann

a nice hack for winter is heating for sure. I keep my house at least 70 sometimes up to 80 deg during this winter here.

I play guitar on the top bunk of my bed. Up there by the vent 70 degrees IS 80, haha.

Cirion

nice. I keep wanting to try out the guitar.

Maybe once I actually have the energy to want to do anything LOL

I think that energy may come sooner than I think, now that I'm increasing carbs, decreasing fat, and decreasing PUFA, finally getting serious about this peat thing.

Wolf

If I get too cold all the coconut oil in my body will harden and I will spontaneously perish.

Runenight201

Part of being warm is knowing that I can touch other people and not have them react negatively to my cold hands, and when my hands are cold (usually because of too much fruit/sugar and not enough meat fat) I withdraw and keep my distance from people. I instantly notice when someone touches me with cold hands, and it is not an inviting or pleasant experience, whereas when I feel someone’s warmth, I am instantly able to tell that person has a healthy energy to them (if the rest of their demeanor also is showing good health). Handshakes can also transmit a lot of info, from the warmth of the hand, presence of sweat, strength of the grip, eye contact and body posture while shaking, length of the hand shake, etc...

tygertgr

another argument in favor of keeping warm and against "cold thermogenesis"

The argument is for the hormetic benefits, which are real. It's much the same with appropriately dosed vigorous exercise.

For the last five years I have consistently traveled by bicycle and motorcycle through the winter in sub freezing temperatures. It has boosted my cold tolerance and metabolism dramatically. By doing these sorts of things while being cognizant of your overall stress level, you strengthen your tissues. Jump in the sauna or a hot bath after a few hours of cold exposure to further work the circulatory and lymph system and keep all the tissues hot and active.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals