Kate Deering's "How To Heal Your Metabolism"

I deleted my review of her book because I'm working on a more detailed review. Amazon got rid of the number that shows the total votes on reviews so it now only shows how many people thought it was helpful instead of showing the not helpful votes as well.

EIRE24

I deleted my review of her book because I'm working on a more detailed review. Amazon got rid of the number that shows the total votes on reviews so it now only shows how many people thought it was helpful instead of showing the not helpful votes as well.

I'm guessing you thought it was ***t haha

I'm guessing you thought it was ***t haha

Haha, well not everything. I just disagree with a few important things. I'm just sharing my comments and criticisms. If you put nutrition and health information out there then expect to have it criticized. I always welcome criticism myself as well.

ilpmusic

I was planning to buy this book. Who has read it? Does it include meal plans? I have been eating using Dr Ray Peat 's guidelines for over 5 weeks but I am concerned with all the weight gain posts.
I am know it goes against the grain on calorie counting but unfortunately I have 15 pounds to lose for an album cover photo shoot

Pompadour

I have read this book and i hadn't liked it. It is too simple , not enough science .... it is too superficial IMO.
I think that this forum is much much better.

Mito

Did you ever complete a more detailed review? The Amazon reviews look pretty solid.

IMG_0749.jpg

sladerunner69

I was planning to buy this book. Who has read it? Does it include meal plans? I have been eating using Dr Ray Peat 's guidelines for over 5 weeks but I am concerned with all the weight gain posts.
I am know it goes against the grain on calorie counting but unfortunately I have 15 pounds to lose for an album cover photo shoot

Who's album cover? Is it for Motley Crue?

Soren

Forum Supporter
I read it and I liked it. Yes it is not overly scientific and is certainly simplified when compared to this forum but I think that was the point. To try to appeal to a wider audience, which I do not think is a bad thing.

If you're trying to introduce someone to a different way of thinking about health and nutrition I think it is a great place to start. Or if you want a good summary of the basics of what a peat like diet would be like.

Ledo

I often recommend kate deering's facebook ( I hate facebook but her website has little info) page as well as her book especially to people who are sick or overweight but think its because they are not sticking to a masochistic workout and diet plan well enough...reason for their failure is not enough discipline, etc.

Kate deals with this concept very well and I think many woman especially will be hearing it for the first time which should impart very welcome relief for them.

Kate is bright and has done a nice job synthesizing useful and practical information along a Pete biased approach for health.

ilpmusic

I often recommend kate deering's facebook ( I hate facebook but her website has little info) page as well as her book especially to people who are sick or overweight but think its because they are not sticking to a masochistic workout and diet plan well enough...reason for their failure is not enough discipline, etc.

Kate deals with this concept very well and I think many woman especially will be hearing it for the first time which should impart very welcome relief for them.

Kate is bright and has done a nice job synthesizing useful and practical information along a Pete biased approach for health.
thanks for the advice!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom