Kale Broth

Wagner83

I'm curious do you guys do kale broth? It seems to help with calcium (teeth enamel) but also may give weird heart issues (slowed down, weaker beat?).
If people drink that or have any information on it it would be nice of them to share.

_noozie

I make a mineral broth with kale, chard, spinach, garlic, and salt. Tons of nutrients without having to eat the fibrous greens. I only take 1-2 shots of it a day.

tara

I sometimes have kale in my soup as a source of minerals (and flavour). Usually eat solids as well as broth. Vary it with other greens. I think I notice a lack of something, and suffer, if I go without green veges for more than a day or two, but not sure exactly what.

Lejeboca

I eat kale broth (only kale in it as green vegetable) about three days per week, and notice a boost in vitamin K (stronger nails). I don't take aspirin so cannot judge the nose bleeds etc. But notices less of other kinds of bleeding ;-).

In terms of the recipe: I like to cook kale (large pieces) with potatoes, yellow onions and some dried herbs to taste in about 1-2 cups of water and a spoon of butter in a slow cooker at least 4 hours. When finished, I discard kale leaves after pressing out the liquid from them into the cooked dish. Very tasty!