Kale As Vit K Source

Steveig84

Hallo,

Quick question regarding kale as a vit K source...
Am i right in thinking the best way to consume would be to add to a bone broth towards the end and then remove the leaves them selves for eating/drinking?

Rough cooking time? to extract nutrients without over cooking and denaturing them?

What are the reasons behind not eating the leafs? fibre? PUFAs? how harmfull would eating the leaf on rare occations be?

thanks
Stevei G

kettlebell

Yes,

Adding it to broth for the last couple of hours and then taking it out and throwing it away. Not only does it give vit K it also has a considerable amount of extra calcium that seeps into the broth.

Leaves contain a decent amount of PUFA and if not cooked for long contain anti thyroid nutrients (Not a problem if cooked). Eating the leaves on occasion realistically wont be an issue. A broth has so many pro thyroid nutrients they will mitigate most, if not all of the negatives of eating the leaves.

Nick810

Any ideas why Kale consistently gives me Acne? Like no other food on this earth.

kiran

JMarie444 said:
:? I thought Vit A helped Acne?

The active form of Vit A (retinol) does, but the conversion from carotene to retinol has to happen in the liver, and some people have trouble with it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Westside PUFAs The Promotion Of Dairy Vs. The Promotion Of Kale The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 52
johnwester130 Help Me With A Kale Broth Recipe Recipes 12
biggirlkisss Mixing Black Tea And Ginger Together With Kale Broth Safe Ask For Help or Advice 0
W Kale Broth Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 5
ekool445 Nutrients In Kale Broth? Diet 41
M Boiling Kale Diet 4
J Toxic Metal Dangers Of Kale? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 3
LucyL Sausage Potato and Kale Soup Recipes 11
B Kale Broth Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 14
K Collard, Mustard And Turnip Greens As Good As Kale? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 5
SOMO Niacinamide + Vit C = Niacin? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hirri Ferum Vs Ferritin / Vit D Blood Work, Labs 13
L Vit E Needed For Proper Nervous System Development E 0
A Development With Vit E Deficiency; Maxilla And Pituitary Gland Ask For Help or Advice 14
Tristan Loscha Effect Of Calcifediol (VIT D) Treatment And Best Available Therapy Versus Other On ICU + Survival D 1
C Vit E Or Progesterone Reducing Face Bloating Ask For Help or Advice 6
J Should One Avoid High Vit A Foods If They Have Taken Accutane In Their Life? A 12
O How Can I Trust Ideallabs Or Healthynatura When It Comes To Buying Vit K2? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
burtlancast US Government Scared To Death Of Vit C Treatment By I.V. For Coronavirus Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
N Feeling Weird Neurological Symptom On Vit E High Gamma Vitamins 4
berk Trouble Understanding Vit A And Beta-carotene Recommendations Diet 2
methylenewhite One More Reason To Throw Your Soap And Shampoo Away. Citral Is Vit A Antagonist Articles & Scientific Studies 24
Zpol Vit. C Enhances Aspirin Effects & Reduces Microbleeding Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
R Blood Thinning Aspirin Organo Oil Vit K Ask For Help or Advice 0
Oraganic4me GP Told Me My Vit D Levels High . Now This ? Vitamins 22
B Vit D3 / K2 / Magnesium / Zinc Recommendations Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
TheSir Vit C Makes You Practically Immune To Heart Disease? Ask For Help or Advice 9
Locutus Best Time To Take Vit E And Aspirin? Ask For Help or Advice 4
methylenewhite Trolox. Water-soluble Analog Of Vit E E 0
M Vit D, K2, DHEA/PREG (topical? Just Ethanol) Vitamins 7
DannyIrons™ Need Help Interpreting Blood Results Please - Prolactin/Vit D/TSH Etc Blood Work, Labs 7
DannyIrons™ The Blood Labs Are In. High Prolactin And Low Vit D? Ask For Help or Advice 3
burtlancast Alfred Sommer: The Risk Of Child Death Is Directly Related To The Risk Of Vit A Deficiency A 11
K Institutional Memory Losses. What Happened To Mg, Iodine And IV Vit C? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 4
A Lab Results - High LDL, Vit D Good Whats Going On Ask For Help or Advice 6
A What Do You Think About OJ + Calcium And Vit D? Fruits & Fruit Juice 9
L What Can Be Done To Fight Radiation's Blockage Of Vit K-dependent Processes? Radiation 8
D Vit K2 Interaction, Libido, And Eyes Ask For Help or Advice 26
whit Media Says Vit.D Doesn't Improve Bone Health D 9
burtlancast Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes Put Into Remission With The High Vit D Coimbra Protocol D 22
methylenewhite Need Dosage Suggestions On Custom Made B-Vit Complex Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
burtlancast Emulsified Vit A (as By Harold Manner) By Itself Cures 33% Of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia Patients Articles & Scientific Studies 20
raysputin Skin Rash From Topical Vit D And K Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Toco Vit Ask For Help or Advice 1
Obi-wan Is Supplementing Vit E Actually Bad For You? E 296
S High Dose Vit E Every Day. Is Cycling Required? E 3
N VIT A, E, D, K, K2 - In Doubt, Pls, What Dosages Do You Guys Use? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
L Vit K (Mk7 And K1) 5ar Inhibitors? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
J How Long Does It Take To Increase Vit D3 Levels? Ask For Help or Advice 3
R Good Ratio Of Aspirin To Baking Soda, Niacinamide, Glycine, Vit K? Aspirin 5