K2 - Fast-Acting Like Magic

DaveFoster

I've been taking a lot of cyproheptadine, aspirin, and progesterone in vitamin E, which has led to dry, slightly bloody nasal passages and also hocking up small amounts of blood occasionally when clearing the sinus.

I took 2 drops of Idea Labs DC's Kuinone (about 3 mg of K2 in DMSO), and it took literally less than three minutes for the inside of my nose to be completely free of blood. Miraculous.

A.R

I've been taking a lot of cyproheptadine, aspirin, and progesterone in vitamin E, which has led to dry, slightly bloody nasal passages and also hocking up small amounts of blood occasionally when clearing the sinus.

I took 2 drops of Idea Labs DC's Kuinone (about 3 mg of K2 in DMSO), and it took literally less than three minutes for the inside of my nose to be completely free of blood. Miraculous.
How long have you had the k2 bottle for?. Really hope dmso comes back as one of the solvent options

haidut

Forum Supporter

Amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

haidut

Forum Supporter
How long have you had the k2 bottle for?. Really hope dmso comes back as one of the solvent options

Are you not feeling any effects with new solvent? A few people did blood tests for vitamin K so we know it is absorbed through skin and raises blood levels.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I'm not sure, but I received the K2 about a year ago, and it still has a noticeable effect.

how are people taking it ?

through the gums ?

through the wrist ?
I get effects from 3 mg in DMSO on the back of the hand.

Wolf

I ran into the same issue not dosing enough k2. Glad I'm not imagining it.

sladerunner69

I think taking k2 makes me more irritable. Same with aspirin. Anyone notice this? When I stopped taking aspirin, vitamin E, and k2 my mood improved and my libido went up. Same with lowering my caffeine intake.

meatbag

I think taking k2 makes me more irritable. Same with aspirin. Anyone notice this? When I stopped taking aspirin, vitamin E, and k2 my mood improved and my libido went up. Same with lowering my caffeine intake.

maybe your estrogen went up :smug:

sladerunner69

maybe your estrogen went up :smug:

No, I don't believe that. Actually I think my libido is negatively effected when my estrogen is blocked too much, as well as cortisol. I have seen others report decrease libido and decreased emotions using aromatase inhibiting compounds such as vit E, k2, etc.

meatbag

No, I don't believe that. Actually I think my libido is negatively effected when my estrogen is blocked too much, as well as cortisol. I have seen others report decrease libido and decreased emotions using aromatase inhibiting compounds such as vit E, k2, etc.

Yeah I've seen people say that as well, that some estrogen is needed for male libido never got the blood tests to confirm though. I guess it could be also the stepping on the gas pedal to hard concept, too much of a good thing as well. I definitely feel like crap if I drink too much coffee

sladerunner69

Yeah I've seen people say that as well, that some estrogen is needed for male libido never got the blood tests to confirm though. I guess it could be also the stepping on the gas pedal to hard concept, too much of a good thing as well. I definitely feel like crap if I drink too much coffee

Coffee does in fact block GABA somewhat. It took my a long time to acclimate to heavy coffee usage, and I can still overdo it sometimes. My libido is actually highest the day after a night of drinking, and I find that quite strange really.

haidut

Forum Supporter
My libido is actually highest the day after a night of drinking, and I find that quite strange really

Nothing strange about it. There is a good explanation but it is only an acute effect. Drinking alcohol impairs liver activity and decreases the turnover of all steroids, including testosterone, estrogen and DHT. So in the 24-48 hours after drinking the levels of those steroids rise significantly. Alcohol also raises ACTH, which increases conversion of pregnenolone into DHEA. But with chronic drinking steroidogenesis is impaired, aromatization is increased and NAD is depleted so you are left with an excess of estrogen/cortisol and deficiency of androgens.
Role of the Liver in the Acute Effect of Alcohol on Androgens in Women | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic
"...The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal and -adrenal axes are regarded as the main sites of the actions of alcohol on steroids. In the present study the effect of alcohol (0.4–0.5 g/kg, orally) on venous plasma and urinary androgens was investigated in 21 premenopausal women using oral contraceptives as well as in 10 premenopausal nonusers. After intake of alcohol, an acute elevation in plasma testosterone, a decline in androstenedione levels, and an elevation in the ratio of testosterone to androstenedione were observed in both groups. The effects lasted throughout the period of ethanol elimination and were abolished during pretreatment with 4-methylpyrazole (10–15 mg/kg, orally). The acute effects were higher in the group using oral contraceptives than in the nonusers. The testosterone effect in plasma was reflected in the free testosterone fraction. A decline in urinary androsterone and etiocholanolone levels, the principal catabolic products of androgens, was observed during alcohol intoxication. In conclusion, the present acute effects on plasma and urinary steroid hormones seem to be explained by an inhibited catabolism mediated by the alcohol-induced change in the redox state in the liver. Our results suggests that the liver should be included as a major site in the acute endocrinological effects of alcohol on steroid hormones in women."

Vinero

Interesting, I have noticed I become a bit irritable too when overdoing caffeine and aspirin. Vitamin K has only given me positive vibes.
Vitamin E gives me good effects in low and moderate doses, high doses begin to irritate my intestines.

sladerunner69

Interesting, I have noticed I become a bit irritable too when overdoing caffeine and aspirin. Vitamin K has only given me positive vibes.
Vitamin E gives me good effects in low and moderate doses, high doses begin to irritate my intestines.

Well yes vitamin E is known to do that. I take most things topically now. Except for aspirin, niacinimide, caffeine. It is difficult for me to gauge the effects of Vitamin K, I think it has helped with joint pains and to bring stability to my bone structure because my back isn't as sore. However I also feel more irritable which I suspect is from the increase in testosterone. It's the same effect I get from DHEA and aspirin, just feels like everything rubs me the wrong way haha. It's not uncontrollable though, and it does seem to energize me but I think I prefer the cleaner, lighter more fun energy I get from just b vitamins, caffeine, sugar, or vit C.

sladerunner69

Nothing strange about it. There is a good explanation but it is only an acute effect. Drinking alcohol impairs liver activity and decreases the turnover of all steroids, including testosterone, estrogen and DHT. So in the 24-48 hours after drinking the levels of those steroids rise significantly. Alcohol also raises ACTH, which increases conversion of pregnenolone into DHEA. But with chronic drinking steroidogenesis is impaired, aromatization is increased and NAD is depleted so you are left with an excess of estrogen/cortisol and deficiency of androgens.
Role of the Liver in the Acute Effect of Alcohol on Androgens in Women | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic
"...The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal and -adrenal axes are regarded as the main sites of the actions of alcohol on steroids. In the present study the effect of alcohol (0.4–0.5 g/kg, orally) on venous plasma and urinary androgens was investigated in 21 premenopausal women using oral contraceptives as well as in 10 premenopausal nonusers. After intake of alcohol, an acute elevation in plasma testosterone, a decline in androstenedione levels, and an elevation in the ratio of testosterone to androstenedione were observed in both groups. The effects lasted throughout the period of ethanol elimination and were abolished during pretreatment with 4-methylpyrazole (10–15 mg/kg, orally). The acute effects were higher in the group using oral contraceptives than in the nonusers. The testosterone effect in plasma was reflected in the free testosterone fraction. A decline in urinary androsterone and etiocholanolone levels, the principal catabolic products of androgens, was observed during alcohol intoxication. In conclusion, the present acute effects on plasma and urinary steroid hormones seem to be explained by an inhibited catabolism mediated by the alcohol-induced change in the redox state in the liver. Our results suggests that the liver should be included as a major site in the acute endocrinological effects of alcohol on steroid hormones in women."

That is quite interesting thanks. I am curious about the estrogenic effects of alcohol on the liver. Peat has of course said that certain alcohols contain enough estrogen to be harmful, and that the clear ones like rum are safer. However I think the alcohol itself impairs the liver to such an extent that it causes estrogen to accumulate and decreases metabolism. Also alcohol does not seem to benefit the gut, and probably causes ulcers in large but not huge amounts.

And so I have been wondering just how detrimental alcohol could be for the metabolism and long term health. Perhaps a few drinks on Friday and Saturday night might not be bad almost at all, and could help alleviate mental stress. I know it has been one of the only ways to truly boost my libido.

Vinero

That is quite interesting thanks. I am curious about the estrogenic effects of alcohol on the liver. Peat has of course said that certain alcohols contain enough estrogen to be harmful, and that the clear ones like rum are safer. However I think the alcohol itself impairs the liver to such an extent that it causes estrogen to accumulate and decreases metabolism. Also alcohol does not seem to benefit the gut, and probably causes ulcers in large but not huge amounts.

And so I have been wondering just how detrimental alcohol could be for the metabolism and long term health. Perhaps a few drinks on Friday and Saturday night might not be bad almost at all, and could help alleviate mental stress. I know it has been one of the only ways to truly boost my libido.
It also depends on what activities you perform when you are drinking alcohol.
For example, if you are among friends drinking, socializing and having a good time, that is therapeutic.
Since we know that loneliness and social isolation can cause stress and elevated serotonin and cortisol, consuming alcohol in this context is helpful.
However I think that drinking alone and not doing anything productive or sociable when drinking isn't good for improving your health.
For example staying in your room all day listening to sad country music.

EIRE24

So Alcohol would lower DHT levels?

haidut

Forum Supporter
So Alcohol would lower DHT levels?

No, I said it decreases the turnover of all steroids including DHT. Acutely, not chronically. Chronic drinking of alcohol more than say 3-4 days a week (and more than say 2-3 drinks per session) lowers androgens/pregnenolone/DHEA/cholesterol conversion, increases aromatization of existing androgens like androstenedione/T, and decreases estrogen excretion due to impaired liver function. The increase in estrogen load also increases prolactin and cortisol.