K2 And Endotoxin

M

marikay

Does anyone know (or is able to venture an educated guess) on whether or not you need to swallow the vitamin K2 in order for it to have an effect on endotoxin?

I've been rubbing the K2 into my gums but am now thinking I might be better off putting the drops in a liquid and drinking it in order to get the benefits of fighting endotoxin. Does K2 block endotoxin from being absorbed through the intestine?

Or does K2 fight endotoxin after it has been absorbed from the intestines?

Thanks.

FredSonoma

I have no idea in terms of scientific literature, but in my experience, it definitely has a positive affect in reducing what I believe to be endotoxin symptoms. I used to not be able to eat starches without using Vitamin K2 topically.

OP
M

marikay

I have no idea in terms of scientific literature, but in my experience, it definitely has a positive affect in reducing what I believe to be endotoxin symptoms. I used to not be able to eat starches without using Vitamin K2 topically.

Thanks for this. So you don't feel that the K2 needs to be in the intestines in order to work against endotoxins? I ask because it seems that most of the anti-endotoxin substances seem to work by blocking the absorption of the endotoxin. And I don't see how K2 could do that if it's applied topically or absorbed through the gums which is how I am taking it now.

FredSonoma

Thanks for this. So you don't feel that the K2 needs to be in the intestines in order to work against endotoxins? I ask because it seems that most of the anti-endotoxin substances seem to work by blocking the absorption of the endotoxin. And I don't see how K2 could do that if it's applied topically or absorbed through the gums which is how I am taking it now.

I'm not sure either way - I just know it helps. It might help even more or differently if I took it orally, but I never really tried it (I'm thinking I'm going to now haha).

OP
M

marikay

I'm not sure either way - I just know it helps. It might help even more or differently if I took it orally, but I never really tried it (I'm thinking I'm going to now haha).

Thanks, please let me know how it goes. I'm probably going to start taking it in liquid as well and see what happens.

milk_lover

Damn wow just wow now I know why in some days I can eat starch without problems and some days not so much! I'll pay closer attention to the K2 and endotoxin/starch link. Thanks for bringing this up.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wonder if eating greens with starch would work? :ss2

milk_lover

Do you know what else can help with endotoxin? In my experience, lysine and B2.

OP
M

marikay

I asked Ray but the response I got made me think Ray thought I was asking if K2 could be absorbed through the gums. It turns out that some substances that block endotoxin (like antibiotics) can also block the absorption of K2 in the intestine. So if you are taking antibiotics for endotoxin then the K would be better taken topically or by rubbing into the gums.

But I was hoping to use the K2 as the endotoxin blocker itself. And so I think it might be better to take the K2 in a liquid and get it into my intestine. I don't see how K2 could work on endotoxin if K2 is not absorbed through the intestine. But I am not sure.

I'll post more after a few days of taking K2 orally.

I wonder if eating greens with starch would work? :ss2

Maybe. I know Ray says that taking starch with plenty of sugar and saturated fat will help keep the endotoxin in check. And of course the daily carrot salad is also recommended. After that, it's cascara and tetracycline (which are both related to vitamin K) for endotoxin help.

But I'm right now trying to avoid starch and get the carbs through juice and sugar (and milk).

More soon.

Giraffe

It turns out that some substances that block endotoxin (like antibiotics) can also block the absorption of K2 in the intestine.
Some of the intestinal bacteria produce vitamins. If someone takes antibitiotics, there are fewer of those bacteria, so less vitamins are produced in the gut. So you need to make sure that your diet is hight in those or you may want to supplement.

Antibiotic-induced vitamin K deficiency and the role of the presence of intestinal flora. - PubMed - NCBI

Are you sure that antibiotics interfere with absorption of (exogenous) vitamin K?

OP
M

marikay

Some of the intestinal bacteria produce vitamins. If someone takes antibitiotics, there are fewer of those bacteria, so less vitamins are produced in the gut. So you need to make sure that your diet is hight in those or you may want to supplement.

Antibiotic-induced vitamin K deficiency and the role of the presence of intestinal flora. - PubMed - NCBI

Are you sure that antibiotics interfere with absorption of (exogenous) vitamin K?

No. I'm not sure of anything as it pertains to vitamin K. But I did hear Ray say on a podcast that antibiotics and cascara can cause a vitamin K deficiency and recommended increasing vitamin K if someone is taking a lot of either substance. I would imagine that if you want to replace vitamin K while taking antibiotics, you might want to take the vitamin topically or by rubbing into the gums so that it doesn't have to compete with the antibiotics in the intestine.

But I was interested mostly in taking vitamin K to fight endotoxin without using antibiotics. So that is why I thought it might be better in this case to swallow the K2 so it does get into my investing where it may do some good against endotoxins.

Cheers.

Elephanto

most of the anti-endotoxin substances seem to work by blocking the absorption of the endotoxin.

No, they work because they are natural antibiotics. They kill bacterias. That's what coffee, vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, activated charcoal (kinda), methylene blue and coconut oil do.

Most endotoxin modulation probably happens for systemic reasons just as much for reasons of local contact with some sort of chemical. Many foods and ingredients can reduce endotoxin load primarily by lowering the body's immune response to endotoxins (LPS has been greatly studied) and the lower immune response systemically means the gaps in the brush border of the intestine are smaller, as they don't become inflamed, and this closes the leaky gut...

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I asked Ray but the response I got made me think Ray thought I was asking if K2 could be absorbed through the gums. It turns out that some substances that block endotoxin (like antibiotics) can also block the absorption of K2 in the intestine. So if you are taking antibiotics for endotoxin then the K would be better taken topically or by rubbing into the gums.

But I was hoping to use the K2 as the endotoxin blocker itself. And so I think it might be better to take the K2 in a liquid and get it into my intestine. I don't see how K2 could work on endotoxin if K2 is not absorbed through the intestine. But I am not sure.

I'll post more after a few days of taking K2 orally.

Maybe. I know Ray says that taking starch with plenty of sugar and saturated fat will help keep the endotoxin in check. And of course the daily carrot salad is also recommended. After that, it's cascara and tetracycline (which are both related to vitamin K) for endotoxin help.

But I'm right now trying to avoid starch and get the carbs through juice and sugar (and milk).

More soon.
Marikay, Do you have details on this:
Ray says that taking starch with plenty of sugar and saturated fat will help keep the endotoxin in check
How much starch?
How much sugar?
What kind of sugar?
Thanks.
Paul

LucH

Do you know what else can help with endotoxin?
How to manage with LPS endotoxins

Cascara tea + carrot salad
with organic cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of olive oil. The Cascara if you have transit problems. Otherwise, carrot salad alone is sufficient.

Process: Cascara sagrada is mainly used to treat constipation. The anthraquinones contained in the bark inhibit the absorption of water and electrolytes in the intestines. As a result, the volume of the stool increases as it absorbs excess water, which increases the pressure in the intestine. This stimulates muscle contractions in the colon (peristalsis), which speeds up emptying of the intestine.

To what extent are these elements relevant to facilitating the elimination of LPS endotoxins after taking antibiotics or chemotherapy?

- Glycine (homemade bone broth): Glycine attenuates the increase in LPS caused by the concentration of intracellular Ca and moderates TNF-Alpha in liver kupffer cells (glycine-gated chloride channel).

- Vitamin E (mix tocotrienols and tocopherols)
Source: Attenuation of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced cytotoxicity by tocopherols and tocotrienols. Keiko Nishio et al. Redox Biol. 2013
Tocotrienols inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced pro-inflammatory cytokines in macrophages of female mice

- Vitamin D is an antagonist of endotoxins (LPS / TLR4)
The expression of TLR4, NF-κB, and TNF-α was downregulated by 1,25(OH)2D3 in a dose-dependent manner.
Source : Vitamin D Is Endotoxin (LPS / TLR4) Antagonist, May Treat LPS-linked Conditions

- Orange juice: 100 ml of fresh orange juice at breakfast. => Interesting contribution of Ca and Mg and vitamin C.
Source:
Orange juice neutralizes the proinflammatory effect of a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal and prevents endotoxin increase and Toll-like receptor expression.Orange juice neutralizes the proinflammatory effect of a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal and prevents endotoxin increase and Toll-like receptor expression.

- Supply of fatty acids to carry endotoxins
Sources:
Effect of Dietary Lipids on Endotoxemia Influences Postprandial Inflammatory Response. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 65(35), 7756–7763 |
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jafc.7b01909
Effets protecteurs du cholestérol sur les endotoxines

- Note: Increased production of LPS residue after taking antibiotics or Phage Complete. Avoid eating fatty foods during the attack phase. A diet high in fat can make it easier for LPS to pass through the intestinal wall. Certain fatty acids actually serve as conveyors, especially the most unsaturated ones. In the event of a significant die-off, it will be advisable to take the antibiotic (or another virucidal substance) away from the meal. Therefore an inter-digestive intake is recommended.