Just Took Chromium And The Difference Is Amazing

Jon2547

I take chromium picolinate (the bad kind) and it really helps with insulin receptor sensitivity in the brain. When my bottle of this type runs out I'm going to be buying the safer kind. I don't really think there is much evidence for the picolinate being bad though.

Motif

I take chromium picolinate (the bad kind) and it really helps with insulin receptor sensitivity in the brain. When my bottle of this type runs out I'm going to be buying the safer kind. I don't really think there is much evidence for the picolinate being bad though.
What’s safer?

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Ar

do you still feel an effect from it and how often do you take chromium and iodine?
Nope, at the stage with zinc where I'll only feel something is when i don't take it for a few days, negative effects. Otherwise you become accustomed to all positive effects from nutrients. But they are still there fulfilling their purpose.

GTF Chromium daily. Iodine not so much. Every couple weeks or so. A lot more when I'm ill/got an infection.

Chophouse360

Chromium is an essential mineral. Vital for insulin function and blood sugar control. Sound like something to be frowned upon?

Far as I know his father healed his diabetes with brewers yeast. Packed with B's yes, but guess what, chromium too
How do you use brewers yeast? Like do people put it in there food? Or what?

Dr. B

When you're deficient and take chromium, you should experience a strong dopamine rush. After you're repleat, you're hands should turn ice cold from how quickly it clears blood sugar.

With the right abount, carb "tolerance" seemingly improves. Around training-- especially post-workout-- is the least ideal time to dose, I have found, due to the benefits of peri-workout insulin spiking. For high carb cheat meals on off days, it seems to magically negate their effects on one's physique. Benfotiamine and alpha lipoic acid are sometimes used for similar purposes but are not as powerful.

I would chose a low dosed supplement (50-200mcg), ideally a non-picolinate version, and infrequently use.
chromium nicotinate glycinate?
what about vanadium?
Peat, and even mainstream people are saying chromium is not essential.
the timing is odd, but some websites claim chromium only lowers blood sugar because its a poison and all poisons lower blood sugar
is that line of logic correct?
Peat interestingly doesnt think boron nor chromium are essential
chromium is 2.2mcg per cup in OJ, and seemingly non existent in milk, very low in liver
rda downgraded from 120mcg to 35mcg back in 2019 cuz mainstream cant prove its essentiality apparently
Peat said a small amount vanadium could be useful
In 2001, the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine considered chromium to be an essential nutrient based on its effects on insulin action [2]. However, recent research has suggested that although chromium might have benefits at pharmacologic amounts (e.g., in the hundreds of mcg), it is not an essential mineral because an absence or deficiency of chromium does not produce abnormalities that can be reversed with the addition of chromium (see the Chromium Deficiency section below) [5,9-13]. The FNB has not evaluated chromium since 2001. However, in 2014, the European Food Safety Authority Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies concluded that no convincing evidence shows that chromium is an essential nutrient and, therefore, setting chromium intake recommendations would be inappropriate

Dr. B

the supplement forum people on reddit dont like picolinate anything, they think picolinate itself has serious issues, in any form.
it is interesting since they dont seem to think citrate forms are an issue.
is picolinic acid used in the body or made by the body under normal conditions? it is an odd acid you dont hear of much...
may be better to get the chromium nicotinate glycinate form
i found a real interesting product im gonna use just once a week. 300mcg chromium, 100mcg vanadium, 10mg zinc, 1mg manganese, 500mg taurine.
once a week as i dont know about the essentiality of those minerals.
its designs for health chromium synergy or something like that
Peat doesnt think boron or chromium are essential but hes said vanadium could be useful...
theres reviews online people claiming significant weight loss from chromium
theres some websites claiming chromium only lowered blood sugar in rats because its a poison
i dont know about that, dont all the pro metabolic things lower blood sugar? niacinamide, vitamin k2, dht, thiamine...?

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

the supplement forum people on reddit dont like picolinate anything, they think picolinate itself has serious issues, in any form.
it is interesting since they dont seem to think citrate forms are an issue.
is picolinic acid used in the body or made by the body under normal conditions? it is an odd acid you dont hear of much...
may be better to get the chromium nicotinate glycinate form
i found a real interesting product im gonna use just once a week. 300mcg chromium, 100mcg vanadium, 10mg zinc, 1mg manganese, 500mg taurine.
once a week as i dont know about the essentiality of those minerals.
its designs for health chromium synergy or something like that
Peat doesnt think boron or chromium are essential but hes said vanadium could be useful...
theres reviews online people claiming significant weight loss from chromium
theres some websites claiming chromium only lowered blood sugar in rats because its a poison
i dont know about that, dont all the pro metabolic things lower blood sugar? niacinamide, vitamin k2, dht, thiamine...?
Sounds like a decent supplement. Let us know how you feel after taking it

RealNeat

Upped my sugar quite a bit these past few days, and because of it felt imbalanced, cold, stressed, mood swings,hypoglycemic episodes... Not good.

Thought it may be because the sugar depleted a nutrient (which it does). Tried extra zinc, magnesium, Bs etc etc. Didn't work.

Tried chromium polynicotinate about 400mcg and boom.. 10 mins later my mind became free & relaxed. Warm as hell, blood flowing freely. All the stress/anxiety vanished.

I feel chromium is severely under appreciated. Give it a go and tell me about your experiences with it.
I don't care what others say about it in this forum about it causing cancer or whatever. That doesn't make any sense.

I think some of us need to take a step back and think about what we're doing when we ramp up our sugar intake and think nothing of it. It's crazy how here we're all lead on with 'U NEED MORE SUGAR' when we're not really educated on sugar metabolism and the nutrients involved in doing so. Annoys me because I see a lot of people suffering because of this (sugar induced nutrient depletion). Rant over

Sugar isn't the devil.
But being told to consume it when in a nutrient deprived, even hypothyroid state, is.
Uhh, Rays dietary advice is pretty simple. Yes, sugar, but just as much as he says sugar, he says liver, oysters, dairy, fruits and greens... idk who you perceive mislead you but the advice was never just sugar.

Sugar doesn't cause a deficiency any more than other things that put demand on the metabolism like heating up the head and even certain nutrients, including chromium. Reminds me Morley Robbins "burn rate" logic, they use words like "deplete" to scare when in reality "sugar uses nutrients to fuel the metabolism" doesn't sound as intimidating.

I wouldn't have responded but your blanket statements are a bit agitating.

I'd say the more pressing issue is being over hyped, like you were before dialing it back on the chromium, at least you later admitted it.

Last edited:
OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Uhh, Rays dietary advice is pretty simple. Yes, sugar, but just as much as he says sugar, he says liver, oysters, dairy, fruits and greens... idk who you perceive mislead you but the advice was never just sugar.

Sugar doesn't cause a deficiency any more than other things that put demand on the metabolism like heating up the head and even certain nutrients, including chromium. Reminds me Morley Robbins "burn rate" logic, they use words like "deplete" to scare when in reality "sugar uses nutrients to fuel the metabolism" doesn't sound as intimidating.

being over hyped, like you were before dialing it back on the chromium, at least you later admitted it.

Uhh yeah it's simple but I wanted to clarify this for everyone as it seems specific nutrients aren't as hyped as sugar and sugar metabolism isn't as clear. That link isn't as strong as it should be here. Dr Berg does a great job stressing this. I learnt that from him, not here personally. I see a lot of people jumping on the sugar bandwagon then having issues because of it. So don't tell me what's out there and isn't.

It's not about sounding intimidating, but however you want to word it, sugar will use/deplete nutrients. It's a fact. Have the nutrients in your system and you can handle sugar like there's no tomorrow.

I'd say the more pressing issue is you being a negative siss. Best if you don't respond unless you have something useful to say.

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Cinnamon has some of it, but I'm not completely sure.
It may very well. My experience with using it is that it works amazingly well for insulin resistance. Better than almost anything I've used. I use both separately but take pinches of cinnamon after meals

It may very well. My experience with using it is that it works amazingly well for insulin resistance. Better than almost anything I've used. I use both separately but take pinches of cinnamon after meals
Nice! I put it in skyr and yogurt - with a little honey or jam it's delicious.

RealNeat

Uhh yeah it's simple but I wanted to clarify this for everyone as it seems specific nutrients aren't as hyped as sugar and sugar metabolism isn't as clear. That link isn't as strong as it should be here. Dr Berg does a great job stressing this. I learnt that from him, not here personally. I see a lot of people jumping on the sugar bandwagon then having issues because of it. So don't tell me what's out there and isn't.

It's not about sounding intimidating, but however you want to word it, sugar will use/deplete nutrients. It's a fact. Have the nutrients in your system and you can handle sugar like there's no tomorrow.

I'd say the more pressing issue is you being a negative siss. Best if you don't respond unless you have something useful to say.
Keep your emotions in check Eric Keto Berg, maybe if you learned more from Peat and less from biased 5minute Berg you'd be less of a hype boy ?

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Keep your emotions in check Eric Keto Berg, maybe if you learned more from Peat and less from biased 5minute Berg you'd be less of a hype boy ?
Haha I actually don't agree with him on keto. You're actually the emotional one, re read your first post. Now gtfo my post. Sissy man.

Hype? Nothing was hype, I take chromium every single day.

RealNeat

Haha I actually don't agree with him on keto. You're actually the emotional one, re read your first post. Now gtfo my post. Sissy man.

Hype? Nothing was hype, I take chromium every single day.

oh ok I'll just post your threat to me publicly. How authoritarian of you, threaten dissenters.

@charlie please take care of this guy.

True character shining through, just because I said his tone was "agitating":

13D10633-1B58-446B-961A-4268A6AEBE85.jpeg

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Haha so go and show everyone you think I care? Don't comment bs on to people's posts for no reason and you won't get responses like that.

RealNeat

Haha so go and show everyone you think I care? Don't comment bs on to people's posts for no reason and you won't get responses like that.
You sure you want to keep going?

Attachments

• A705B97D-D6BF-408A-BB6B-4B6B73285D28.jpeg
    A705B97D-D6BF-408A-BB6B-4B6B73285D28.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 53

Dr. B

I'd say the more pressing issue is being over hyped, like you were before dialing it back on the chromium, at least you later admitted it.
do you think chromium boosts/stimulates metabolism? and sugar causes a deficiency in the same way something like vitamin d3, caffeine, thyroid, any metabolic boosters do?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals