Just Took Chromium And The Difference Is Amazing

SamuraiJack

Upped my sugar quite a bit these past few days, and because of it felt imbalanced, cold, stressed, mood swings,hypoglycemic episodes... Not good.

Thought it may be because the sugar depleted a nutrient (which it does). Tried extra zinc, magnesium, Bs etc etc. Didn't work.

Tried chromium polynicotinate about 400mcg and boom.. 10 mins later my mind became free & relaxed. Warm as hell, blood flowing freely. All the stress/anxiety vanished.

I feel chromium is severely under appreciated. Give it a go and tell me about your experiences with it.
I don't care what others say about it in this forum about it causing cancer or whatever. That doesn't make any sense.

I think some of us need to take a step back and think about what we're doing when we ramp up our sugar intake and think nothing of it. It's crazy how here we're all lead on with 'U NEED MORE SUGAR' when we're not really educated on sugar metabolism and the nutrients involved in doing so. Annoys me because I see a lot of people suffering because of this (sugar induced nutrient depletion). Rant over

Sugar isn't the devil.
But being told to consume it when in a nutrient deprived, even hypothyroid state, is.

Frankdee20

I forget why, and I personally feel whatever helps you, then do it, but chromium is frowned upon by peat ... maybe someone else can chime as to why that’s so

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Chromium is an essential mineral. Vital for insulin function and blood sugar control. Sound like something to be frowned upon?

Far as I know his father healed his diabetes with brewers yeast. Packed with B's yes, but guess what, chromium too

lvysaur

Only tangentially related, I often wonder what the discrepancy is between actual nutrition of foods and the amounts stated on nutrition websites.

Intuitively, it makes sense that plant foods would have higher variance than animal foods. For the same reason that plants and other "lower" lifeforms can regenerate stems, tails, arms, etc. A less complex organism can tolerate more stress.

So a piece of broccoli might test 50% DV chromium on some nutrition label, but in actuality it might be anywhere from 0% to 400% depending on the soil's nutrition.

A piece of liver on the other hand, likely reflects the actual nutrition data because warm blooded mammals are more "fine tuned" than plants or invertebrates. If that liver's chromium content was too low, the cow wouldn't even have grown to make that liver available for your consumption--so the fact that its existence is held to a stricter nutritional threshold, you can be sure that it is a guarantee of quality.

I think this is one of the reasons people benefit from animal foods, a lot of vegetables are going the way of "iceberg lettuce" and increasingly providing nothing apart from fiber. This is also unfortunate because it means people have to eat more and more meat to fulfill their nutrition requirements, which has its own issues both health and other

bornamachine

Op thanks for the tip, im gonna have to try and see

reality

Only tangentially related, I often wonder what the discrepancy is between actual nutrition of foods and the amounts stated on nutrition websites.

Intuitively, it makes sense that plant foods would have higher variance than animal foods. For the same reason that plants and other "lower" lifeforms can regenerate stems, tails, arms, etc. A less complex organism can tolerate more stress.

So a piece of broccoli might test 50% DV chromium on some nutrition label, but in actuality it might be anywhere from 0% to 400% depending on the soil's nutrition.

A piece of liver on the other hand, likely reflects the actual nutrition data because warm blooded mammals are more "fine tuned" than plants or invertebrates. If that liver's chromium content was too low, the cow wouldn't even have grown to make that liver available for your consumption--so the fact that its existence is held to a stricter nutritional threshold, you can be sure that it is a guarantee of quality.

I think this is one of the reasons people benefit from animal foods, a lot of vegetables are going the way of "iceberg lettuce" and increasingly providing nothing apart from fiber. This is also unfortunate because it means people have to eat more and more meat to fulfill their nutrition requirements, which has its own issues both health and other

this is a good point. I wish there was a tool we could use to measure all nutrients in food

Peater

Upped my sugar quite a bit these past few days, and because of it felt imbalanced, cold, stressed, mood swings,hypoglycemic episodes... Not good.

Thought it may be because the sugar depleted a nutrient (which it does). Tried extra zinc, magnesium, Bs etc etc. Didn't work.

Tried chromium polynicotinate about 400mcg and boom.. 10 mins later my mind became free & relaxed. Warm as hell, blood flowing freely. All the stress/anxiety vanished.

I feel chromium is severely under appreciated. Give it a go and tell me about your experiences with it.
I don't care what others say about it in this forum about it causing cancer or whatever. That doesn't make any sense.

I think some of us need to take a step back and think about what we're doing when we ramp up our sugar intake and think nothing of it. It's crazy how here we're all lead on with 'U NEED MORE SUGAR' when we're not really educated on sugar metabolism and the nutrients involved in doing so. Annoys me because I see a lot of people suffering because of this (sugar induced nutrient depletion). Rant over

Sugar isn't the devil.
But being told to consume it when in a nutrient deprived, even hypothyroid state, is.

Great post, I have some at the back of the cupboard so I will take it more diligently.

Frankdee20

Chromium is an essential mineral. Vital for insulin function and blood sugar control. Sound like something to be frowned upon?

Far as I know his father healed his diabetes with brewers yeast. Packed with B's yes, but guess what, chromium too

Perhaps the picolinate parent compound was frowned upon... it’s the most common form of Chromium

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Yes, definitely do take it more diligently.

So I need to update u guys after a few days of use.

After using it i believe it really isn't a long-term supplement, not for me anyway.
It's crucial when in a state of deficiency, but when replenished, taking more in my case causes an imbalance within, and didn't feel right. So I've now stopped.
Bare in mind i was taking around 400mcg, more than the daily recommended anount.

I believe it's more powerful than i imagined. Not sure what other nutrients it could be interacting with or it may have built up to toxic levels fast.

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Yes, definitely do take it more diligently.

So I need to update u guys after a few days of use.

After using it i believe it really isn't a long-term supplement, not for me anyway.
It's crucial when in a state of deficiency, but when replenished, taking more in my case causes an imbalance within, and didn't feel right. So I've now stopped.
Bare in mind i was taking around 400mcg, more than the daily recommended anount.

I believe it's more powerful than i imagined. Not sure what other nutrients it could be interacting with or it may have built up to toxic levels fast.

When you're deficient and take chromium, you should experience a strong dopamine rush. After you're repleat, you're hands should turn ice cold from how quickly it clears blood sugar.

With the right abount, carb "tolerance" seemingly improves. Around training-- especially post-workout-- is the least ideal time to dose, I have found, due to the benefits of peri-workout insulin spiking. For high carb cheat meals on off days, it seems to magically negate their effects on one's physique. Benfotiamine and alpha lipoic acid are sometimes used for similar purposes but are not as powerful.

I would chose a low dosed supplement (50-200mcg), ideally a non-picolinate version, and infrequently use.

AdoTintor

When you're deficient and take chromium, you should experience a strong dopamine rush.

I experienced this with Zinc, feeling great the first time and thinking I had found nirvana only to discover the nice effects went away after a few applications. Is this a known scientific effect that you get dopamine upon redressing a deficiency, or is this your theory as to what is happening?

I experienced this with Zinc, feeling great the first time and thinking I had found nirvana only to discover the nice effects went away after a few applications. Is this a known scientific effect that you get dopamine upon redressing a deficiency, or is this your theory as to what is happening?

Well, zinc is needed to produce dopamine. Zinc is also needed for GABA function.

There are studies that discuss an effect of chromium supplementation on neurotransmitter function (picolinic acid seems to affect neurotransmitter function as well). But as far as I've understood, it is not directly required for dopamine synthesis.

20201205_224804.jpg

20201205_223231.jpg

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

When you're deficient and take chromium, you should experience a strong dopamine rush. After you're repleat, you're hands should turn ice cold from how quickly it clears blood sugar.

With the right abount, carb "tolerance" seemingly improves. Around training-- especially post-workout-- is the least ideal time to dose, I have found, due to the benefits of peri-workout insulin spiking. For high carb cheat meals on off days, it seems to magically negate their effects on one's physique. Benfotiamine and alpha lipoic acid are sometimes used for similar purposes but are not as powerful.

I would chose a low dosed supplement (50-200mcg), ideally a non-picolinate version, and infrequently use.

Very interesting thanks for sharing. Sounds viable. Did notice feeling colder and having to take in more sugar. Earlier I felt very disappointed with it, but lesson learned again - more isn't better, especially with chromium.

Haven't taken it for a day and feeling warmer/better.

I wouldn't have felt the negatives from the food based one.

OP
SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Felt the exact same way with zinc. Absolutely amazing, morning wood, libido, energy up, felt like running.
Then the body gets used to it and these feelings down regulate pretty quick!

Don't even get me started on how i felt when I first started taking iodine... Even better.

I try to keep taking these daily... When i come off for a few days or so, my body reminds me somethings up

Motif

Ar
Felt the exact same way with zinc. Absolutely amazing, morning wood, libido, energy up, felt like running.
Then the body gets used to it and these feelings down regulate pretty quick!

Don't even get me started on how i felt when I first started taking iodine... Even better.

I try to keep taking these daily... When i come off for a few days or so, my body reminds me somethings up
do you still feel an effect from it and how often do you take chromium and iodine?

Grapelander

Drugs.com: Chromium
The currently accepted value for chromium dietary intake is 25 mcg/day for women and 35 mcg/day for men.
The organic form of chromium exists in a dinicotino-glutathionine complex in natural foods, which is better absorbed than the inorganic form. Good dietary sources of chromium include brewer's yeast, liver, potatoes with skin, beef, fresh vegetables, and cheese.

Last edited:

Grapelander

Food Data Chart: Chromium
FOOD CHROMIUM CONTENT FOOD
(micrograms per 100 grams of food)
clearpixel.gif
Egg yolk
Brewer's yeast
Beef
Cheese
Liver
Wine
Bread, wholemeal, wheat
Black pepper
Rye bread
Chilli, fresh
Apple peel
Potatoes, old
Oysters
Potatoes, new
Margarine
Spaghetti
Cornflakes
Spirits
Butter
Spinach
Egg white
Oranges
Beer
Apples, peeled
183 *
3-30

* The average egg yolk weighs 18 grams - so will have approximately 33 micrograms organic form chromium.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals