Just Started Taurine, Pretty Good Results

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Maybe if you don't feel effects from whatever then maybe one has enough and doesn't need it. Everyone is different.

If some feel we are overrating taurine, that would mean not sharing experiences. I think there are other products being overrated on this forum too.

milk_lover

Maybe if you don't feel effects from whatever then maybe one has enough and doesn't need it. Everyone is different.

If some feel we are overrating taurine, that would mean not sharing experiences. I think there are other products being overrated on this forum too.
Ok I take my criticism back of taurine.. I think it's awesome.. I did some tweaking to my diet (eliminating glycine and cypro) and I think taurine is definitely helping me digest large quantities of protein and fat.. Taurine is awesome.. but what I was trying to say it's not a magic bullet.. It's a very valuable tool, however.

Elysium

I've looked but still havent found a sound recommendation on when/how to take taurine. I take up to 10 grams a day, and feel nothing.

I try to take it without other food, but not entirely on an emty stomach, and usually with some oj. I have no idea whether this makes any sense, Im just thinking eating it with food will further diminish it's effect.

Drareg

I've looked but still havent found a sound recommendation on when/how to take taurine. I take up to 10 grams a day, and feel nothing.

I try to take it without other food, but not entirely on an emty stomach, and usually with some oj. I have no idea whether this makes any sense, Im just thinking eating it with food will further diminish it's effect.

We came to the conclusion on here that no more than 2g is better,some negatives are reported over this amount.

milk_lover

Consumed when?
I would say with your largest protein meal as taurine can help assimilate protein better... Maybe with any food it's ok because of some impurities from manufacture.. I take sometimes two doses of 2g a day sometimes none sometimes one dose of 2g.. try different scenarios and see what works best for you..

Frankdee20

Yeah it's kind of overrated supplement for me, it is a downer, it can be relaxing, but can also lower blood sugar too often. Not something I'll repurchase, plus isolated Amino acids tend to throw off balance of others to a greater extent than isolated vitamins.

Frankdee20

Yeah, Taurine for me wasn't terrible, it acts as downer, relaxing. That tendency to lower blood sugar though, one reason I don't want to re purchase. I don't know how people go as high as 10 grams here. Just 1 gram for me will make me too down, hypoglycemic like. I will say though, I believe something has helped my glycogen stores, because I'm not opening the fridge every hour anymore. Sometimes things have beneficial effects on us that we can't subjectively discern, idk.

Gl;itch.e

Yeah it's kind of overrated supplement for me, it is a downer, it can be relaxing, but can also lower blood sugar too often. Not something I'll repurchase, plus isolated Amino acids tend to throw off balance of others to a greater extent than isolated vitamins.
Eat more carbs brah! (;

Frankdee20

Oh yeah, I hate Taurine at night, messes up my sleep, that hypoglycemic thing is a real b****

Alliendraharv15

Can anyone suggest a reputable brand/source to purchase? I am new to this and its been recommend to me. I am unsure where to buy some. Many thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals