Just started taking Thiroyd

messtafarian

It took me more than a year to get up the courage to do this, but I finally ordered Thiroyd ( from PimPom) and received it within 17 days of ordering it, which is actually pretty good considering how far it had to travel. It was wrapped in pretty paper with a bonus of of a lovely coin purse which made me smile. Thank you Pimpom! Love you too! ( they seem so nice).

I have been terrified to take this because I am "hyperthyroid" and have multiple nodules. When I talked to Ray Peat -- you know how he is -- he didn't * tell me* to take thyroid but he certainly did not rule it out. My doctors would not prescribe it because of the risk of a "thyroid storm" and so that left me just staring at my thyroid problem every day for eighteen months thinking I had to do something, but taking thyroid according to conventional medicine was out of the question.

So I started with an OTC product that probably had no thyroid in it. RP said he "distrusted" that product, so I thought hard again about whether I would do this Thailand thing. RP said that if I decided to try a real product, to go very slowly and watch my response over time. He said that any adverse or overcompensating effects usually showed up within two weeks. So an hour ago I took about 1/4 of a tablet and waited to see if it would kill me.

So far it hasn't. I feel weird. I feel...*good*! I also feel hungry.

I want to update this thread occasionally, especially for the next two weeks in case anyone is thinking of trying this experiment. Rule 1: Go SLOW.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
messtafarian said:
So I started with an OTC product that probably had no thyroid in it. RP said he "distrusted" that product, so I thought hard again about whether I would do this Thailand thing.

Nutri-meds?

OP
M

messtafarian

Hi Charlie:

It's American Biologics Thyroid Glandular.

He just said he distrusted it without saying why but I inferred that he suspected there was little to no thyroid in it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thats good to know, thank you. I know Lita Lee used to sell it, but I just checked her site and its not available anymore.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Charlie said:
Thats good to know, thank you. I know Lita Lee used to sell it, but I just checked her site and its not available anymore.
She used to sell progest-e too and the last time I checked she was no longer carrying that either.

lindsay

I took Thiroyd for about a month and gave up on it. My symptoms are entirely hypothyroid, however. I felt like Thiroyd either had a f/t4 ratio that was way too high for me and made me more hypo, or it had nothing in it at all. I had to take 4 grains to feel anything from it and I finally went back to 1 grain of cynoplus (1/2 a pill). If you like thiroyd, let me know - I have at least one full bottle left that I will never touch again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals