Just started peating

Filip1993

Hello everyone! Here is my story. I'm 20 years old and ate SCD for half a year which resulted in a fast weight loss (lost to much weight to quickly). I was already pretty skinny so now I'm really underweight. The SCD diet didn't work at all and just left me underweight, hypothyroid and depressed. I have some sort of bacterial overgrowth and really think a peat diet could help me. I've ordered some cynoplus and cynomel which will arrive this week. Yesterday I bought some niacimade also. I'm supplementing with VA, VD, VK and will start niacimade today. My TSH is 2,3 and I have low t3 and a t4 value within range. My testosterone is ultra low. I also have elevated liver enzymes. I'v started to incorperate peats ideas and would really appreciate some tips and guiding from other people who has been doing it for awhile. Yesterday I've started drinking strained OJ, can't tolerate starch and fiber. I also ate some dates. I seem to tolerate coffe too. I haven't started milk yet, just tried some parmigiano regiano cheese. What sort of milk does peat recommend? I don't think there is a lot of quality milk here in Sweden. At the moment I'm eating at least 200 grams of muscle meat, I try to balance it with some gelatin and coffe. I would love some dietary tips and how I should dose my thyroid supplement to bring down my TSH and get my T3 up. Also is there any other supplements you guys would recommend when adopting this diet? I'm doing the daily carrot also.

jaguar43

Filip1993 said:
Hello everyone! Here is my story. I'm 20 years old and ate SCD for half a year which resulted in a fast weight loss (lost to much weight to quickly). I was already pretty skinny so now I'm really underweight. The SCD diet didn't work at all and just left me underweight, hypothyroid and depressed. I have some sort of bacterial overgrowth and really think a peat diet could help me. I've ordered some cynoplus and cynomel which will arrive this week. Yesterday I bought some niacimade also. I'm supplementing with VA, VD, VK and will start niacimade today. My TSH is 2,3 and I have low t3 and a t4 value within range. My testosterone is ultra low. I also have elevated liver enzymes. I'v started to incorperate peats ideas and would really appreciate some tips and guiding from other people who has been doing it for awhile. Yesterday I've started drinking strained OJ, can't tolerate starch and fiber. I also ate some dates. I seem to tolerate coffe too. I haven't started milk yet, just tried some parmigiano regiano cheese. What sort of milk does peat recommend? I don't think there is a lot of quality milk here in Sweden. At the moment I'm eating at least 200 grams of muscle meat, I try to balance it with some gelatin and coffe. I would love some dietary tips and how I should dose my thyroid supplement to bring down my TSH and get my T3 up. Also is there any other supplements you guys would recommend when adopting this diet? I'm doing the daily carrot also.

Possibly cynomel and cynoplus.

Mittir

Welcome to the Forum
You should be very careful with supplements. RP thinks most commercial
supplements have poor quality and often a source of allergen.
Check toxinless.com for supplements with safer ingredients.
Avoiding PUFA is the most important part of his recommendations.
He recommends natural mixed tocopherols vitamin E to help with lowering
damage done by stored PUFA. Niacinamide and Aspirin both help with
blocking PUFA release. But one should be very careful with using Aspirin
if they have weak stomach linings.100 mg of Niacinamide twice a day is quite safe.
Young and lean person can quickly replace their stored PUFA with good saturated fat
than older and heavier people. Did you eat a lot of PUFA on SCD diet?
Are you adding coconut oil/olive oil and white vinegar to your carrot salad? Saturated fat ( olive oil is quite helpful too) and vinegar make the salad
more potent. If you think one salad is not helping much, you can try eating twice a day
and see how it feels. You can not over do carrot salad, excess carotene in carrot can be anti-thyroid. RP has mentioned that he has seen many people resolved their health issues
just by adding carrot salad. Carrot salad should be eaten separate from the meal
and not after sunset. Digestion slows down after sunset, sugar and fat are easily digested.
You are doing the right thing by adding gelatin to 200 grams of muscle meat.
But you also need to add extra calcium to balance excess phosphorus in muscle meats.
Amount of phosphorus should be ideally equal or less than calcium intake.
For some people gelatin causes ingestion problem. Pectin in OJ is problematic for many.
Straining makes it easier to digest. If strained OJ cause problem you can pick other
fruit juices with less pectin. You have to make sure you are getting 80 grams of protein.
Measure your temperature and pulse before breakfast and 2 hours after breakfast
to get an idea about your thyroid status. I would try his dietary recommendation for
few weeks before i start any supplement. Gut irritation is the major source
of thyroid problem and other health issues. Try to find out foods that cause problems.
It is always a good idea to make dietary changes slowly. Body needs time to get adjusted to new type of foods.Are you able to digest milk and cheese?
Here are some links to useful information
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=588&hilit=approved+fruits
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/12/ ... tandi.html

OP
F

Filip1993

I ate a lot of PUFA, especially before my SCD journey. A lot of fish oil. Should i wait to add thyroid supplement? I bought some whole goat milk today, so I will try that later. Would red light be helpful when adopting to the new foods?

Mittir

Red light therapy is very helpful. But red light can increase need for Vitamin A.
There is a thread on red light here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187&hilit=red+light&start=10
It takes about 2-3 weeks for body to adjust to milk. He recommends drinking a glass or less of milk with meal, it is easier to digest that way.

OP
F

Filip1993

Okey, I will start slowly with the milk. About thyroid dosing, should I try Cynoplus first? I have high rt3, forgot to mention that.