Just Like To Share My Improvement!

jayUK9779

Hi everyone!

It's ironic that right now I am so sick after guzzling a full pack of popcorn the other day that was full of PUFA (stupid me). However, I have had some time in bed to reflect on how far my health has come since starting my new diet!

Before eating sort of the peat way, I personally believe I was close to death. I was Bed bound with a constant 24/7 headache,massive brain fog, no memory forgetting my best friends name at one point really upset me, insomnia since I was 8, fatigue , stammer, frighten easily, puffy baggy eyes and a tight chest just to name a few symptoms!

After 2 years of not strict peat eating (I have the odd slip up mainly due to hungry at work or out and about the house), I am back in work full time, have a girlfriend, have minimal fatigue, insomnia comes and goes but had great periods of sleep which I am eternally grateful for! Memory is spot on, puffy eyes come and and go. Tight chest has gone aswell!

The game changer for me was avoiding PUFA for long periods I think I went 12 months strict avoidance as best I could and felt on top of the world! Also gluten free and I have to say dairy free I seen so much improvements! Carrot sald daily with coconut oil improved my digestion, coconut oil with meals throughout the day helped, sipping coffee with 6 teaspoons of sugar with a meal helped me tolerate coffee. fruit just after a meal worked for me aswell. Bag breathing twice a day seemed to relax me more. meditation twice a day helped with fatigue and insomnia! My stammer completely goes when I avoid pufa for long periods!

I would love to tolerate dairy one day I am yet to try Raw milk! An Danny Roddy suggests getting some lab work so I might do that soon!
I dont take any thyroid meds and dont take temp and pulse as seeing how far the diet can take me!

So I would like to say thank you to the contributors on this forum who have helped educate me and hopefully ill get back better after that movie night pufa snack and hopefully there will be more improvements along the way and hopefully everyone else on here too! :D

Mittir

It is nice to see your health improving.
In the beginning i peated without dairy.
After sometime, i added home made farmer's cheese.
I thought i was lactose intolerant for life. I could not even tolerate half a cup of milk.
It took me 2-3 months to be able to drink 1 quart of milk with out any side effects.
I started with 1/4th cup and slowly increased. But i think thyroid supplement
helped me with digesting milk. RP mentioned progesterone or thyroid helps with
restoring lactase enzyme. I have also seen studies where they showed
lactose intolerant people are able to drink 1 to 1.5 cup of milk within few weeks
of daily intake. I have seen a huge improvement in health once i was able to drink milk.
RP has mentioned that it is ok to take thyroid supplement until the ratio of Saturared fat to PUFA is 2:1. I think it will probably take 2-3 years to get that ratio.

readforjoy

Thanks for sharing! This is encouraging to me as I am still struggling with fatigue and brainfog.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Since avoiding pufa and gluten my stammer has reduced dramatically, I just thought I would share
Another major improvement in my life and say thank you to all the people on this forum who have offered advice during my recovery!

James