Just Had Blood Tests Results And Their Terrible

OP
J

Josh

Yeah, the best thing you can do to save your liver is to never touch alcohol again. Do you know the fastest growing disease among young people in last 30 years is fatty liver disease - liver transplants!!! This was a condition only seen in old people - WTF??? Alcohol is toxic to liver cells. Not only does it damage liver cells, alcohol depletes nutrients like b-vitamins, results in Vitamin A dysregulation. Vitamin A is extremely important for a young bloke. Your markers are alerting you that your liver is experiencing inflammation and there is much oxidative stress going on. It is not as simple as getting blood draws and problem fixed. You need to change your lifestyle habits to support liver health and the health of the whole organism. Don't try to poison it when it is in a compromised state. After a blood draw you should give the body supportive and nourishing foods to rebuild healthy blood volume. Quite a bit of blood is taken, so saturating your blood with alcohol is a sure way to end in the hospital emergency department.
I am very concious of my diet and have been for years now.. I had some alchohol once last year Christmas time, before that had not drunk for two years and I am 20 years old

Ella

Forum Supporter
The high eosinophils can be due to the infectious eczema, however it makes one wonder what is happening in the gut/blood interface allowing protein (which has not been sufficiently broken down) to cross into circulation and trigger an immune response.
There is something in your diet and/or environment which is triggering the eczema. High stress via high cortisol will weaken the gut lining allowing undigested proteins and/or microflora metabolites like lipopolysaccharids (LPS) to cross over triggering immune response. The inflammatory response from LPS can result in organ damage and finally failure.
If you had a parasitic infection we would see anemia not high iron levels. You need to start with the gut and find the triggers for eczema.

OP
J

Josh

The high eosinophils can be due to the infectious eczema, however it makes one wonder what is happening in the gut/blood interface allowing protein (which has not been sufficiently broken down) to cross into circulation and trigger an immune response.
There is something in your diet and/or environment which is triggering the eczema. High stress via high cortisol will weaken the gut lining allowing undigested proteins and/or microflora metabolites like lipopolysaccharids (LPS) to cross over triggering immune response. The inflammatory response from LPS can result in organ damage and finally failure.
If you had a parasitic infection we would see anemia not high iron levels. You need to start with the gut and find the triggers for eczema.

Right okay so by having high iron, that means it’s not a paristic infection and the high markers I have is likely due to the eczema being constantly inflamed? I’ve had swollen glands for over a year now .. since my eczema has been bad..

My diet looks something like this:
Breakfast: lots potatoes and organic minced beef 100g-200g and lots butter like 10-20g.

lunch: lots of dates, melon, oranges, 100g cheese, 300g-500g orange juice, bit of apple juice, 3 bananas, Lots of chocolate sometimes.

Dinner: i’d have more potatoes or sweet potatoes and cod about 3 times a week, more butter and coconut oil. gelatin in a class of orange juice.

snacks: Apples, Grapes sometimes

(Going to be cutting out red meat from now on though)..

Luk3

What brand?
Also, do you fell better with a lower ferritin?
Thank you.
I used Jarrows. Tbh, it’s hard to judge. I have a physically demanding job, so a lot of the time I’m fatigued from that.

tankasnowgod

Then obviously the most worrying one is the iron..
Last year around this time i had the same iron blood tests and my results were:
-Ferritin = 230.
-Serum iron = 19.
-Serum transferrin = 2.4.
-Saturation = 31.5%.
So this big increase is down to the fact that i eat way to much red meat.. eating nearly everyday since end of 2017 time.. HOW CAN I GET THIS DOWN? Obviously first thing

I wouldn't blame red meat, I would blame the fact that you're a male. We don't have any easy way to shed excess iron stores.

Question regarding taking blood to get iron down: looking it up now it seems that if the reason for the blood to be taken is to get iron down doctors can do a certain type of blood taking where it is done more regularly I think?

I’ve now just booked in for a general blood take which is one of them only can have it done every so often, the one where the blood goes to a good cause etc .. is that good enough for now? Shall I still do this one now and then look into the more regular one ASAP?

There is no difference between a regular blood donation and prescription phlebotomy from an iron lowering perspective. It's the same amount of blood removed, and estimated to lower ferritin by about 30 ng/ml. The only difference is that you can do it more frequently with a prescription.

tankasnowgod

Thanks all really really helpful !!

So I’m going to donate blood tomorrow, and then two hours later i have a party where I’ll probably drink alchohol (have not drunk in like 4-5 months) ..

After I’ve given blood is it okay to go and drink alchohol ??

If you have never donated blood before, this is a really bad idea. The first time I donated blood, I was exhausted for the rest of the day. Now, it's a different story, I can donate in the AM, and be fine the entire afternoon, just taking it easy.

It's never "officially" recommended to drink alcohol after a blood donation, largely due to dehydration risks, but when people do, they notice it affects them much quicker and get drunker on a much smaller amount.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Right okay so by having high iron, that means it’s not a paristic infection and the high markers I have is likely due to the eczema being constantly inflamed? I’ve had swollen glands for over a year now .. since my eczema has been bad..
Parasites feed off host blood to sequester the iron for themselves. Swollen glands is indicative of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) which is responsible for infectious mononucleosis otherwise known as glandular fever or the kissing disease. You are just the right age for it. It will cause enlargement of the spleen and liver inflammation. It is not always EBV as other organisms can cause the infection. I just looked at your prior labs and except for the ferritin which looks on the high side, transferrin saturation at 31.5% looks perfectly OK. How much red meat were you eating at this point in time?

If the swollen glands have been ongoing for the whole year, has dr ruled out glandular fever. You would be feeling extremely unwell with fever and easily fatigued??
With glandular fever you would expect to see high white blood cells, however your lymphocytes are OK.

You may have a robust immune system and may experience mild symptoms which are not perceptible to a young 20 yro.

Mononucleosis: Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis

My diet looks something like this:
Breakfast: lots potatoes and organic minced beef 100g-200g and lots butter like 10-20g.
Are you drinking coffee or milk with this meal? 200 grams is probably getting on the high side for one sitting.
Are you doing gym work, lifting weights?

lunch: lots of dates, melon, oranges, 100g cheese, 300g-500g orange juice, bit of apple juice, 3 bananas, Lots of chocolate sometimes.
There isn't enough protein in this meal. You can afford to have 100 grams of beef, lamb, pork or seafood with this meal. You need to focus on increasing zinc-rich protein for lunch, having the OJ and oranges before the meal (at least 15 mins.)
Probably too much fruit for the amount of protein. With eczema you want good quality animal foods and reduce plant foods which are high in nickel. So perhaps reduce the oranges in this meal.

Have you tried to removing the chocolate to see whether the eczema lessens?

Dinner: i’d have more potatoes or sweet potatoes and cod about 3 times a week, more butter and coconut oil. gelatin in a class of orange juice.
I would stick to white sweet potatoes or just normal spuds. Are you keeping the OJ away from this meal; drinking before the meal?

Are you adding milk to potatoes or some parmesan cheese? Depending on how physical you are, you could use more animal protein. Beef is high in zinc and if you are fighting a viral infection you will be depleting zinc at a rapid rate. A high protein diet will be beneficial for you. Zinc lowers iron and perhaps that is all that's needed.

snacks: Apples, Grapes sometimes
You should match the fruit with protein perhaps some cheese if weight is not an issue. A glass of low-fat milk with added brewer's yeast.
(Going to be cutting out red meat from now on though)..

There is no evidence that you should cut down red meat. If you have been suffering from glandular fever the past year, it may explain the elevated iron, as zinc is consumed at a faster rate during illness, less zinc is available to compete with iron.You may also be short on copper as copper is required to attack bacterial pathogens. You need to investigate further.
Too much zinc causes anemia (low iron levels) so zinc can help to chelate iron without the need for blood draws. I would not recommend supplementation unless you have a good idea on zinc and copper status along with other synergistic nutrients. Your b-vitamins will have been greatly depleted. Riboflavin is rapidly lost during infections which is I recommend the brewer's yeast. Again red meat is rich in b-vitamins including niacin which is important for skin and the reason for some liver or brewer's yeast to keep up with demand.

I would also look at doing 4 - 5 main meals which focus on getting more protein depending on your physical activity and even if you are not physically active an increase in frequency will aid recovery. You are best to have boiled meat as in a broth rather than pan fried in butter. Boiled meat causes the least amount of advanced glycation end products (AGES), reducing inflammation which will also relieve pressure on your liver.

Your dr should keep a check on your markers and if there is no improvement then he needs to investigate further.

dreamcatcher

One blood donation and one month on lactoferrin, and my ferritin dropped from 230 to 60.
Apolactoferrin doesn't contain iron (for instance Life Extension's product) whereas Lactoferrin (Swanson) is recommended for anemia as it does contain iron and helps iron absorption. Chris Masterjohn recommends lactoferrin for iron deficiency.

OP
J

Josh

There is no evidence that you should cut down red meat. If you have been suffering from glandular fever the past year, it may explain the elevated iron, as zinc is consumed at a faster rate during illness, less zinc is available to compete with iron.You may also be short on copper as copper is required to attack bacterial pathogens. You need to investigate further.
Too much zinc causes anemia (low iron levels) so zinc can help to chelate iron without the need for blood draws. I would not recommend supplementation unless you have a good idea on zinc and copper status along with other synergistic nutrients. Your b-vitamins will have been greatly depleted. Riboflavin is rapidly lost during infections which is I recommend the brewer's yeast. Again red meat is rich in b-vitamins including niacin which is important for skin and the reason for some liver or brewer's yeast to keep up with demand.

I would also look at doing 4 - 5 main meals which focus on getting more protein depending on your physical activity and even if you are not physically active an increase in frequency will aid recovery. You are best to have boiled meat as in a broth rather than pan fried in butter. Boiled meat causes the least amount of advanced glycation end products (AGES), reducing inflammation which will also relieve pressure on your liver.

Your dr should keep a check on your markers and if there is no improvement then he needs to investigate further.

Makes sense ! I’ve been thinking of oysters for the zinc ? I’ll be definitely buying some brewers yeast, know any good sources for a uk folk?

Sad thing is doc things my levels are completely normal, I’ve rung again and explain why they are not and he simply tings the raised ones are just due to eczema and thats it..

OP
J

Josh

They didn’t even Let me donate the blood in the end because i had a cut on my arm from the eczema which looks infected

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals