Just found out about emulsifiers in fortified milk, best alternative for casein protein?

Sapien

Seems as though nothing is untainted in our modern food supply, such a disgrace.

what are best alternatives to fortified milk?

Some solutions I have thought of were powdered milk ( is that fortified? Hard to tell.) , cheese (although I think peat cautions against most cheeses due to the enzymes?), getting a raw milk share and boiling off the extra fat (although seems expensive :/), casein protein powder?

Anyone here consume standard cheese with enzymes and tolerate it decently? Are some better than others? I saw Haidut saying he would just eat standard cheese sticks with no problems. Hard to find animal rennet cheese that isn’t super expensive

Last edited:
Seems as though nothing is untainted in our modern food supply, such a disgrace.

Some solutions I have thought of were powdered milk ( is that fortified? Hard to tell.) , cheese (although I think peat cautions against most cheeses due to the enzymes?), getting a raw milk share and boiling off the extra fat (although seems expensive :/), casein protein powder?

Anyone here consume standard cheese with enzymes and tolerate it decently? Are some better than others? I saw Haidut saying he would just eat standard cheese sticks with no problems. Hard to find animal rennet cheese that isn’t super expensive
I buy Organic Valley and Rumiano grass fed cheeses and feel great eating them. I don’t have issues eating any cheeses, but it doesn’t mean that the enzymes aren’t bad.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I buy Organic Valley and Rumiano grass fed cheeses and feel great eating them. I don’t have issues eating any cheeses, but it doesn’t mean that the enzymes aren’t bad.
Thanks for the reply. I bought some standard low fat cheese sticks today and felt great eating them! I suspect enzymes are the less of the two evils between that and emulsifiers.

Perry Staltic

I eat a lot of cheese with no discernible problems. Mostly organic with some foreign made cheeses, preferably from grass fed cattle. In both cases to try to avoid glyphosate contaminated cheeses. Aldi has an organic, whole milk, unflavored Greek yogurt that does not say it is fortified. Their other organic plain non-Greek yogurt does say it is fortified with vitamin D (with the likely emusifiers). So I don't know if the stuff I eat actually isn't fortified, but based on the ingredients list, it isn't.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I eat a lot of cheese with no discernible problems
Good to know people tolerate cheese, I was stressed wondering wtf I was going to eat haha.
Aldi has an organic, whole milk, unflavored Greek yogurt
I try to stay away from yogurt because of the lactic acid
In both cases to try to avoid glyphosate contaminated cheeses
Correct me if I’m wrong, but i thought glyphosate was not a problem from animal foods
“Similarly, because mammals do not bioaccumulate glyphosate and it is rapidly excreted, negligible levels of glyphosate in cattle, pig and poultry meat, milk, and eggs have been reported”

Perry Staltic

IMO if the gut barrier is good, lactic acid shouldn't be a problem. Bacterial cross feeding in the gut actually utilizes lactic acid as a feedstock to produce butyrate, which promotes a healthy, non-leaky gut.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but i thought glyphosate was not a problem from animal foods
“Similarly, because mammals do not bioaccumulate glyphosate and it is rapidly excreted, negligible levels of glyphosate in cattle, pig and poultry meat, milk, and eggs have been reported”

Glyphosate contamination from GMO feed is not my concern. Animals fed grain that has had glyphosate sprayed directly on the grain itself in order to desiccate the plant is my concern. Thanks for the study; I'll have a look at it.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

Glyphosate contamination from GMO feed is not my concern. Animals fed grain that has had glyphosate sprayed directly on the grain itself in order to desiccate the plant is my concern. Thanks for the study; I'll have a look at it.
Gmo feed is essentially synonymous with feed sprayed with glyphosate, as the whole reason it is gmod is to prevent the round up from killing it, thus the name “round up ready” crops

I think it is not a concern in meat, and especially in milk. I remember Ray saying something along the lines of that the cow will not put toxins into the milk. This is the same reason human breast milk is devoid of pufa, even if the mother consumes it.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

This is the same reason human breast milk is devoid of pufa, even if the mother consumes it
Actually sorry I am wrong about this, a mothers diet does change FA composition of breast milk. Not sure why I thought that.

But I do remember Ray saying that the mother cow will not put toxins in the milk (not to imply this is a sentient action lol)

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I think it may still good to buy organic due to hormonal concerns with RSBT. I remember people implicate dairy in girls going through puberty early. Not sure about the accuracy of that though,

Perry Staltic

Gmo feed is essentially synonymous with feed sprayed with glyphosate, as the whole reason it is gmod is to prevent the round up from killing it, thus the name “round up ready” crops

Glyphosate is sprayed on non-GMO grains and beans in order to dry them out so they can be harvested on time. It's a completely separate issue from killing weeds. Glyphosate was not developed to be a crop desiccant, but that's what it is now widely used for, especially in N America.

Thanks for the reply. I bought some standard low fat cheese sticks today and felt great eating them! I suspect enzymes are the less of the two evils between that and emulsifiers.
I am kind of thinking cheese is more problematic for people who have yeast and bacterial imbalances already, and cheese tips the scale. Admittedly I am particular and read cheese labels and don’t eat non-grass fed cheeses much, just some non-grass fed imported Brie, Camembert and good Parmesan, so maybe if I were eating every kind of cheese it could create a problem. I avoid the cheeses that boast being vegetarian friendly.

akgrrrl

K

Good to know people tolerate cheese, I was stressed wondering wtf I was going to eat haha.

So...the fact they find unacceptable levels of glysophate in newborn babies, well so maybe the reporting is suspect, kinda like who counts the votes wins?

akgrrrl

If a food is healthy and nutricious, why would it need to be fortified?
No. History has shown that BECAUSE of seriously unhealthy cknditions and processes, that fortifications are requited by regulatory agencies to offer something fit for consumption.