Just Deleted all my Herb Doctors MP3's

Grapelander

Just Deleted all my Herb Doctors MP3's:

After listening to an episode last night (07/17/2020) I found I just could not take it any more.
The constant interruptions of Peat (by the hosts) and the literal hijacking of the show by call in participants completely ruins the informational experience.

I am very grateful to Generative Energy - they completely get it.

Attachments

• HD_Delete.JPG
    HD_Delete.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 56
B

Blaze

After listening to an episode last night (07/17/2020) I found I just could not take it any more.
The constant interruptions of Peat (by the hosts) and the literal hijacking of the show by call in participants completely ruins the informational experience.

To each his own I guess, I find the herb doctor podcasts very easy to listen to and like when RP gives advice to callers. The Generative Energy stuff is pretty good also. Have you listened to the primitive initiative interviews yet?

michael94

what I really liked about these interviews was the intro music/station theme. Its really soothing

Doc Sandoz

Andrew loves to hear himself talk.

lampofred

What does that do besides harming yourself...?

When I clicked on this thread I thought the title meant that you had accidentally deleted your MP3s and were asking if anyone else on here could share theirs with you

CreakyJoints

When I clicked on this thread I thought the title meant that you had accidentally deleted your MP3s and were asking if anyone else on here could share theirs with you

I also thought this was what the thread would be about - I'd be interested in downloading a big archive of interviews at once if you were about to offer one.

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

I do not consider it harming myself - rather respecting my time. I listened to hundreds of hours of the herb doctors so it is not like I just did not give it a chance. I am still happy to look at the interviews in transcript form and there are some gems in there. That said, most of the time the program never gets off the ground because of the format. It is fine to have callers; however they refuse to create any rules to reign in rogue elements - and I believe there are forces that will be more than happy to disrupt the message.

I found myself listening to Generative Energy and One Radio network more and more and realized that I had not listened to HD in a while - so I put on one of the interviews. I always fast forward the monologue - then had to listen to Sarah interrupt Peat mid-sentence; then a caller went on a prolonged we're all gonna die if we do not wear masks rant. No radio show host worth his salt lets the audience take over; and I am surprised Peat even puts up with it. I just got angry all over again and deleted all there stuff.

So I understand your comment - just will stick with the better experience of GE, and they do challenge my thinking in a good way.

CreakyJoints

The Interview Links on the RP Forum have most of the interviews. Not sure if you have been there.

I have similar links already, but thank you! I meant it would be very convenient to have them all in one archive for ease of downloading!

Personally, I've found that Patrick Timpone is the only interviewer I've really listened to who resists the temptation to chime in with his own agenda too much and lets Ray Peat just talk - it would be nicer if he could ask some more interesting questions sometimes, but I'm fine with the trade-off.

I like all the other interviewers too, including Generative Energy - but I get frustrated listening to some of their interviews just as I do with the ones you've mentioned, I think they are sometimes guilty of trying to make him confirm their theories rather than expound on his own. Still, it's difficult to provide consistently interesting interviews, and I'm very thankful for all the material we have!

If you want a really frustrating experience, try listening to any of the interviews with Dr. Michael Hamblin - some of the interviewers (I won't name names...) get visibly annoyed with him and start acting sort of like jerks, which is a real shame. I remember one in which an interviewer asks him a very leading question, and when the answer is proffered he triumphantly starts crowing that he's wrong, but without being able to provide a single citation as to why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals