Just can’t control Appetite - Help Please

OP
A.R

A.R

the fat would be bad if you have type 2.

So otherwise, for everyone else: Just avoid sugar other than fruit and sugar found in milk or ice cream.
I will be avoiding the fat then, as I’m highly susceptible to type 2 diabetes.

I can see why it's convenient at that time but there are downsides and that would be why Ray says afternoon is the best time. By eating it first thing it would tend to cause havoc with your hunger (controlling appetite) for one thing. At breakfast you want to help with the fasting your body hs just endured. It's probably a good idea in your situation, with the hunger, to eat within an hour of getting up.
The olives along with the carrot makes it quite satiating. I’m definitely stopping the avocado, and bringing back in the whole olives. The olives really helped me lose weight before.

“Not all fruits, of course, are perfectly safe--avocados, for example, contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic.”

This quote from Dr Peat really surprised me.

OP
A.R

A.R

This idea of fat + starch is blowing my mind right now and I am reading all about the croissant diet. It goes against everything I have learnt. The dominant message is that we overeat when carbs and fats are eaten at the same meal because it is hedonic and too pleasurable, plus they are 2 competing energy sources, and I bought into this idea. I went very low fat high starch and had bad sugar swings and was never satisfied. So I tried lots of protein but still no fat or starch and I was always hungry and craving something else. However, in the back of my mind it just didn't make sense because having lived in France for so long, I see skinny people everywhere eating fat and starch together. My husband is very trim and puts thick slices of butter on his baguette in the morning and dunks it in his pure hot chocolate and whole milk concoction. he eats cheese at every meal and if I forget to buy or make bread for the meal, he cannot eat until we find a solution. If I served him a meal without starch or fat, he would rather not eat. Having said all this, I am scared to try it out haha
Imo a person should always be careful about reading testimonials like this. For some people these type of foods and diets will suit well as maybe they always have had a high metabolism and low endotoxin load in the body, thus having a healthy liver, so they are able to process such foods.

A person should always look at their own health background and should also look at their ethnic background when it comes to food. Just my opinion.

When it comes to Dr Peat, correct me if I’m wrong but he’s always been naturally very lean, so I already know when it comes to some foods and supplements which he uses, they won’t be working for me.

OP
A.R

A.R

Imo a person should always be careful about reading testimonials like this. For some people these type of foods and diets will suit well as maybe they always have had a high metabolism and low endotoxin load in the body, thus having a healthy liver, so they are able to process such foods.

A person should always look at their own health background and should also look at their ethnic background when it comes to food. Just my opinion.

When it comes to Dr Peat, correct me if I’m wrong but he’s always been naturally very lean, so I already know when it comes to some foods and supplements which he uses, they won’t be working for me.

Literally both sides of my grandparents died whilst being type 2 diabetic. My father passed away after multiple heart attacks and was type two diabetic. My mother and elder sister are type 2 diabetic. “Diabesity” as Haidut calls it (I think) and stress runs through my blood.

OP
A.R

A.R

That's the only way it works sometimes. I have a problem with chocolate and have to not buy it and keep it out of the house to be safe. Otherwise it eats me alive.
One little hack I’m doing is, I’m melting the chocolate whilst adding a bit of coffee, and then mixing it with an equal amount of low fat cream cheese. You can then either freeze this, or just eat it with a spoon. This is also good for people who crave cheesecake. Personally I just like the toppings of cheesecakes, the biscuit base is very high in calories.

I know this is still bad, but atleast this way I increase the protein to sugar and fat ratio. 😭

Went out and bought some Peaty (I think) fruit today. Water melon. I’ve found it really helps with digestion. I’m glad I’m no longer going to force myself to eat kiwis and grapefruits, thinking they’re good for me 🤦‍♂️

Birdie

"People with a significant amount of fat In thelr body, who have In the past eaten foods containing vegetable oils, are likely to draw unsaturated fats out of storage, with toxic ellects unless vitamin E, thyroid, and cocoout oil are used protectively until tissue stores of unsaturated fats are depleted. .....

Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid. which Is being discussed lately as an anti-viral agent. Lauric add inhibits glycolysis, so coconut oil will tend to prevent hypoglycemia, ....."

Ray Peat
Townsend Letter for Doctors July 1994

OP
A.R

A.R

"People with a significant amount of fat In thelr body, who have In the past eaten foods containing vegetable oils, are likely to draw unsaturated fats out of storage, with toxic ellects unless vitamin E, thyroid, and cocoout oil are used protectively until tissue stores of unsaturated fats are depleted. .....

Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid. which Is being discussed lately as an anti-viral agent. Lauric add inhibits glycolysis, so coconut oil will tend to prevent hypoglycemia, ....."

Ray Peat
Townsend Letter for Doctors July 1994
Thank you. Yes very important for me.

Birdie

I just ran into this that may be helpful.
Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients, June 1996

Q: You mention sunlight as beneficial to your health. How?
For example, it can cure depression, improve immunity, stimulate our metabolism while decreasing food craving, and increase our intelligence.

actknow

Most days I’m reaching 5000 calories. Just yesterday I went through 400g of chocolate in one sitting (which is about 2200 calories on its own). I just can’t stop. My body starts to shake craving food like a drug addict, even after I’ve ate my meal.

Which foods are highly satiating and will help control my appetite?

I really need to do something fast because my weight is getting out of control.
I would try to eat only Peat approved food (chocolate is not) and I found appetite regulates itself.

Birdie

I just ran into this that may be helpful.
Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients, June 1996

Q: You mention sunlight as beneficial to your health. How?
For example, it can cure depression, improve immunity, stimulate our metabolism while decreasing food craving, and increase our intelligence.
Forgot to say the answer is from Ray.

actknow

It isn't?
I read it somewhere Peat said it can irritate the gut (for some), but I couldn't find the reference. But it's certainly not something Peat actively advocates (unlike, for example, coffee).

Birdie

I read it somewhere Peat said it can irritate the gut (for some), but I couldn't find the reference. But it's certainly not something Peat actively advocates (unlike, for example, coffee).
Oh, I see. There's been talk also of the French lady who lived to 126, I think, who said she ate a pound of chocolate every week for her adult life. Of course it wasn't Hershey's. Anyway chocolate's too high in arginine for me to eat a lot of it. I've always thought of it as Peaty. But good point that it sure isn't something he recommends like milk or coffee etc. Funny how you can assume something is Peaty and it slips into your interpretation.

Nik665

Most days I’m reaching 5000 calories. Just yesterday I went through 400g of chocolate in one sitting (which is about 2200 calories on its own). I just can’t stop. My body starts to shake craving food like a drug addict, even after I’ve ate my meal.

I started a rare experiment of just dairy and fruits for a few months as ray peat called it the cosmos aligned diet . He is now promoting about 50gtams of protein saying it can lead to longevity. None the less I am not promoting my experiment but I did notice I am much more satiated this way more energetic overall sleep deeper and the random cravings are gone . I still track calories to ensure I’m eating enough daily as fruits and milk can be quite satisfying but I don’t want to undereat. I feel amazing so far

neu4

I started a rare experiment of just dairy and fruits for a few months as ray peat called it the cosmos aligned diet . He is now promoting about 50gtams of protein saying it can lead to longevity. None the less I am not promoting my experiment but I did notice I am much more satiated this way more energetic overall sleep deeper and the random cravings are gone . I still track calories to ensure I’m eating enough daily as fruits and milk can be quite satisfying but I don’t want to undereat. I feel amazing so far
Great!

Could you details a day of eating ? Do you eat cheese, yogurt, fatty dairy ? For fruits, is there juice ?

Birdie

So, I wonder if are you having just these foods around? Did you clear out other foods. Or do you have things like chocolate bars around but they aren't tempting? Just trying to picture your situation if you want to elaborate...

PeskyPeater

Rhodiola

Rhodiola crenulata root ameliorates derangements of glucose and lipid metabolism in a rat model of the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes - PubMed
Results: In ZDF rats, RCR treatment decreased the increased plasma insulin and triglyceride concentrations at baseline, the index of the homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) and excessive hepatic triglyceride accumulation. This treatment also inhibited abnormal increases in plasma glucose and insulin concentrations during oral glucose tolerance test. Furthermore, RCR reversed the increased adipose insulin resistance index, and accelerated the decline of plasma concentrations of non-esterified fatty acids after exogenous glucose stimulation. However, RCR minimally affected sucrose-induced acute hyperglycemia in mice and olive oil-induced acute hypertriglyceridemia in rats.
Conclusions: The present results demonstrate that RCR treatment improves metabolic derangements in animal model of the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Our findings may provide new pharmacological basis of therapeutics for the adaptogenic plants to treat metabolic derangements-associated disorders, such as asthenia.

Nik665

So, I wonder if are you having just these foods around? Did you clear out other foods. Or do you have things like chocolate bars around but they aren't tempting? Just trying to picture your situation if you want to elaborate...
I keep them around as others in home eat them but I am no longer tempted