Just Ate Carrageenan!

coffeerc

Forgive me, the dropdown menu is titled "Projects" not articles and it is http//:Cornucopia.org

It is The Cornucopia Institute, Economic Justice for Family Scale Farming

coffeerc

The full article is under "Projects" tittled Organic Watergate white papers, it is a PDF file = an enlightening read, 78 pages.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Coffe, any way to get some cliff notes from that?

coffeerc

I don't know what you mean by cliff notes, laminated cheat sheets, like in high school? Or my personal notes? Mid December I decided 2013 would be my personal fix diet year, as I said before carageenan has been on my s--- list for quite sometime. For the last week I have been turning on my printer (6x) to print that Organic Watergate paper, but everytime have been waylaid by goings on, here at home. I now have a hard copy to read and annotate, as with most of us, time is the issue! By the way I have been implementing Peats Ideas, coffee,coconut oil, liver and others... since I cook for all here it will be gradual. The first things to go were cargeenan and PUFA. It is sad though as my husband fishes wild caught Salmon, cooking methods will be changed & less often. BTW, thanks for greeting.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh I was wondering if there was cliff notes on the white papers you were talking about. Is the entire thing about carageenan saying how bad it is?

coffeerc

Charlie, thank you for the query. Cornucopia is a small group concerned with maintaining the original purpose of organic farmers - foods pure and unadultured. The Organic Watergate Paper points out; large food corps have jumped on the band wagon of organic farming; and have taken over the NOSB ( National Organic Standards Board). Big corps have done this through lobbying and filling slots on NOSB, with corporation sympathsizers. Cornucopia targets; carageenan, DHA,ARA et al and the chemical cleansing of those with hexane et al. The paper shares an interesting timeline of carrageenan. They share the story of DHA-alga oil, ARA-fungal oil, the radiation (gamma&xray), and mutagenic means by which these are acquired. They cite cases of sick babies and confirm that corps are looking for the reductionist view-magic bullet of health that only they can manufacture. Also corps ignore any science that goes against thier wants/bottom line/$$. One review they cite "Dr JK Tobacan Review of Harmful Gastrointestinal Effects of Carrageenan in Animal Experiments. Environ Health Perspect 109(10). 2001

My take: This paper and a few others opened my eyes to what is happening w/sickness, food supply, pharma...etc.
I feel Rp's ideas' trump's them all.
I have no affiliation w/Cornucopia or any other organization, I am outraged by contamination of food supply!
I grow my own vegetables and root/carrot crops will be larger this year.
I am extremely happy to have found RP and forum!
Charlie, hope this fills you in a little about myself and Organic Watergate white paper. One day I hope to learn how to copy http: addresses onto other pages, like I see you all know how to do!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Coffee, thanks for that summary. :)

To copy an address, highlight the address then right click and then copy, then put your cursor where you want the address to be, then right click and then click paste.

Luann

Ya whipping cream = migraines if not organic : / Not to mention sleepless nights

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals