Just a few questions about supplements

Balaam

Have my few questions about supplements.

Aspirin - because people say it's good but other people say it could give you a ulcer so dosage would be nice.

I have already ordered some Pregneleone

CYTOMEL - could I shut down my thyroid by if I were to supplement or could I cycle it or should I not bother?

Thanks

tara

Aspirin - people use a wide range of dosages, and have different tolerances - some people take none, others take a few grams a day. You can start low and see what effects it has, and increase gradually if it seems good. You can reduce the risk of damage by dissolving thoroughly in water, taking it with food, and supplementing vit-K unless you get a lot of this from food. I think Peat has suggested 1mg of Thorne K2 protects for~325mg aspirin, but I'm unclear about whether he said it would also adequate protection for more, oor whether it's better to take more K2 if taking more aspirin.
I only take aspirin intermittently a few times a month, when I feel like I need something.

Cytomel - I don't have experience with cytomel, but I'd suggest seeing if you can improve things with diet for a while first and then assess whether you'd benefit from supplementing thyroid. Tracking body temp and pulse can give information about how your metabolism is running. You can run your diet through cronometer dot com to see if you are low on micronutrients, but their calorie recommendations are likely to be low. Peat suggests 80-100 g protein for hypothyroid people, more when healthy. Importantly, get PUFA intake down as low as you practically can.

tara

Have you seen this site of Dan Wich's?
http://www.toxinless.com/

Peat recommends avoiding some excipients in supplements, particulaly small particulate additives that can be adsorbed into the bloodstream and cause trouble when they get lodged in capillaries. Dan has done some work finding out about different brands.
You can also find threads that describe people's experience with different brands of vit-E at least.
There is an advantage in getting separate supplements, so you can vary one without the others, as you are figuring out what works for you.
Others may know those brands.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals