Just 20g Stearic Acid Daily Improves Cardiovascular Health In Human Males

haidut

Forum Supporter
Despite FDA's recent reversal of public policy on dietary cholesterol, there is still no reversal of its position on saturated fats being detrimental to health. This despite the fact that the same study on which the FDA based its reversal of position on cholesterol also called for ending the war on saturated fat. I guess the FDA decides selectively what evidence it likes and what it does not, likely influenced by its leadership most of which consists of pharma executives who have deeply vested interests on keeping statin sales high.
Anyways, this human study below found that a mere 19g daily intake of stearic acid for 4 weeks had a pronounced favorable effect on cardiovascular health in human males.
I think @Travis may like this one.

A stearic acid-rich diet improves thrombogenic and atherogenic risk factor profiles in healthy males. - PubMed - NCBI

"...RESULTS: Stearic acid was increased significantly in platelet phospholipids on diet S (by 22%), while on diet P palmitic acid levels in platelet phospholipids also increased significantly (8%). Mean platelet volume, coagulation factor FVII activity and plasma lipid concentrations were significantly decreased on diet S, while platelet aggregation was significantly increased on diet P.
CONCLUSION: Results from this study indicate that stearic acid (19g/day) in the diet has beneficial effects on thrombogenic and atherogenic risk factors in males. The food industry might wish to consider the enrichment of foods with stearic acid in place of palmitic acid and trans fatty acids."

ddjd

Despite FDA's recent reversal of public policy on dietary cholesterol, there is still no reversal of its position on saturated fats being detrimental to health. This despite the fact that the same study on which the FDA based its reversal of position on cholesterol also called for ending the war on saturated fat. I guess the FDA decides selectively what evidence it likes and what it does not, likely influenced by its leadership most of which consists of pharma executives who have deeply vested interests on keeping statin sales high.
Anyways, this human study below found that a mere 19g daily intake of stearic acid for 4 weeks had a pronounced favorable effect on cardiovascular health in human males.
I think @Travis may like this one.

A stearic acid-rich diet improves thrombogenic and atherogenic risk factor profiles in healthy males. - PubMed - NCBI

"...RESULTS: Stearic acid was increased significantly in platelet phospholipids on diet S (by 22%), while on diet P palmitic acid levels in platelet phospholipids also increased significantly (8%). Mean platelet volume, coagulation factor FVII activity and plasma lipid concentrations were significantly decreased on diet S, while platelet aggregation was significantly increased on diet P.
CONCLUSION: Results from this study indicate that stearic acid (19g/day) in the diet has beneficial effects on thrombogenic and atherogenic risk factors in males. The food industry might wish to consider the enrichment of foods with stearic acid in place of palmitic acid and trans fatty acids."
Hey haidut were you saying in the patron session that you're using something like 'Policosanol'? for this purpose?

Is something like cacao butter the most affordable option?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey haidut were you saying in the patron session that you're using something like 'Policosanol'? for this purpose?

Is something like cacao butter the most affordable option?

I mentioned stearyl alcohol, also known as 1-octadecanol. It metabolizes into stearic acid and unlike stearic acid (which is very hard to room temp and almost impossible to dose properly) stearyl alcohol is usually in the form of flakes, so taking a spoon of it is easy. Policosanol is a mixture of even longer chain saturated alcohols (the main one being octacosanol) with their own benefits.

miki14

I bought some cocoa butter, flavor is quite strong but the mental and physical changes it has brought are quite impressive. I feel solid like a rock. Very androgenic too, my arms a growing in strength, muscles hurt, biceps mostly. I´m looking into longer chained fatty acids like C20:0 Arachidic acid too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

ddjd

I bought some cocoa butter, flavor is quite strong but the mental and physical changes it has brought are quite impressive. I feel solid like a rock. Very androgenic too, my arms a growing in strength, muscles hurt, biceps mostly. I´m looking into longer chained fatty acids like C20:0 Arachidic acid too.
Hey I did the same thing and noticing amazing cognitive effects and physical too. Do you think it's from the oleic part though? I still want to try pure stearic acid to see what effect that has

LukeL

Anyone know how to calculate the amount of stearic acid in cocoa butter?

miki14

Hey I did the same thing and noticing amazing cognitive effects and physical too. Do you think it's from the oleic part though? I still want to try pure stearic acid to see what effect that has

I have eaten lots of avocados and olives in my life, both are high in oleic acid and low in stearic acid and I haven´t felt anything like that. It might be the combination of oleic and stearic acid. I think @haidut said the combination of saturated and mono unsaturated fatty acids boost the T. Let us know about your stearic acid experiement.

chimdp

I mentioned stearyl alcohol, also known as 1-octadecanol. It metabolizes into stearic acid and unlike stearic acid (which is very hard to room temp and almost impossible to dose properly) stearyl alcohol is usually in the form of flakes, so taking a spoon of it is easy. Policosanol is a mixture of even longer chain saturated alcohols (the main one being octacosanol) with their own benefits.

@haidut If one were taking the stearyl alcohol flakes, do you know how much you need (in grams) approximately to equal 20g of stearic acid? I assume 20g of stearyl alcohol doesn't equate to 20g of stearic acid? Or what dose of stearyl alcohol have you found effective? a tablespoon, a teaspoon, etc.? Thanks!

ddjd

I have eaten lots of avocados and olives in my life, both are high in oleic acid and low in stearic acid and I haven´t felt anything like that. It might be the combination of oleic and stearic acid. I think @haidut said the combination of saturated and mono unsaturated fatty acids boost the T. Let us know about your stearic acid experiement.
It's definitely the monounsaturates that give me this short mental burst of better cognition. I get it from macadamias, virgin olive oil and the cacao butter too

miki14

It's definitely the monounsaturates that give me this short mental burst of better cognition. I get it from macadamias, virgin olive oil and the cacao butter too

Then better stick to olive oil. This organic cocoa butter cost and arm and a leg :( Not to mention macadamias!

I agree, raw olives always give me a great boost of energy but I suspect that squalene might play a major role in it. Macadamia is the only nut that goes well with me in terms of digestion and well being. All the other nuts make me fat and tired. But no mental / energy boost. Ritter Sports issues a macadamia milk chocolate now, as you reside in D you can test it and tell us if it´s worth the 1,20 €.

miki14

I just found that macadamia nuts contain 2g of arachidic acid, a saturated C20:0 fatty acid, even longer chained then C18:0 stearic acid. Cupuacu, a tropical fruit from Brazil, Durian graveolens a fruit from Borneo are foods with high content of this particular fatty acid. Peanut has small amounts too (not very peaty), might explain why consumption of peanuts are still linked to better health. I think the longer the chain of a fatty acid the more beneficial it is. There is obviously a limit as the longer it goes the less digestible they become. Might explain your positve reaction to macadamia nut.

Mito

In the 1960’s there was a lot of concern that there was a special toxic fat in mustard oil, rapeseed oil, and so they bred a variety that didn’t have that particular fatty acid and that became canola. But meanwhile Hans Selye was experimenting. He showed that giving rapeseed oil would typically cause spots of tissue in the heart to die. And the mainstream medicine said that was because of the toxic fatty acid the breeders were eliminating. But Hans Selye gave purified linoleic acid a major component of rapeseed oil and showed that was the actual toxic agent to the heart not the so called special toxic fatty acid. It was the most essential fatty acid itself that was the killing the heart cells and he added chocolate fat, cocoa butter, to the diet and that protected the heart in spite of the same amount of linoleic acid in the diet adding strearic acid in the cocoa butter was protective so it’s the ratio that is important. - RP (Politics and Science- Fats)

Vinero

100 Grams of dark chocolate (54% cocoa content) contains 30.6 grams fat.
Cocoa butter is 34.5 % Stearic Acid.
Stearic Acid content 100 gr dark chocolate = 30.6 * 0.345 = 10.557 grams.

So having 200 grams of dark chocolate daily will give you 21.114 grams Stearic Acid a day.
This is slightly more than needed (20 grams of stearic acid).

Vinero

I just found that macadamia nuts contain 2g of arachidic acid, a saturated C20:0 fatty acid, even longer chained then C18:0 stearic acid. Cupuacu, a tropical fruit from Brazil, Durian graveolens a fruit from Borneo are foods with high content of this particular fatty acid. Peanut has small amounts too (not very peaty), might explain why consumption of peanuts are still linked to better health. I think the longer the chain of a fatty acid the more beneficial it is. There is obviously a limit as the longer it goes the less digestible they become. Might explain your positve reaction to macadamia nut.
I have used macadamia oil in the past. It was supposed to be very low in PUFA, lower than butter.
It's very high in MUFA though, which explains why it's liquid like olive oil.
I didn't know that it contained arachidic acid, that's news to me thanks!
Maybe someone else knows more about it. I am curious if it has the same benefits as stearic acid.