Ray Peat Interview June 26, 2020 - Danny Roddy, Raymond Peat, Georgi Dinkov

Lollipop2

eiYKO1F.jpg
:rolling

Does anyone have experience with policosanol? That was one of the highlights of the podcast for me. Sounds like some good stuff

Korven

Does anyone have experience with policosanol? That was one of the highlights of the podcast for me. Sounds like some good stuff

Haidut's vitamin E (Tocovit) has policosanol in it.

Been taking a few drops orally for about 2 weeks and have noticed better temps (almost at the magical 98,6 F now) and warmer extremities, lowered estrogen, feel more chilled out, nicer skin tone. It's probably just the vitamin E doing its thing but maybe the policosanol is also helping out?

Mufasa

Tocovit is quite expensive, but I already notice good results with only a couple of drops (4-8).

OP
L

lampofred

Of course these are amazing and I'm not going to stop listening to them, but I wish they were more formal like how Danny Roddy + Ray Peat talks used to be. The old ones were much shorter but I feel like more info got covered.

Mauritio

I'd like to know too. Is it in Progest-E?
I'd also like to know . I get allergic symptoms even from haiduts vitmain e, can only take a specific brand .
Policosanols can be bought as a supplement . People report lowered cholesterol and more energy from it . I think I'll try it . Has anybody tried it ,knows what to look for ?

Btw how can low mg doses like 10mg ,displace pufa stores that are much larger I guess ? Wouldnt it take forever ?

Last edited:
J

jb116

It looks like policosanols were touted beneficial by Cuban manufacturers, trying to promote and sell the stuff with most positive evidence coming from them. American, German, Croatian, and researchers in Netherland could not find benefit in ~8 week trial period. Not saying anything definitive here, just something to note. These studies were about cholesterol, triglyceride and overall lipid lowering effects which without analysis of mechanism, doesn't tell you entirely if it's good or bad. Not to mention, blood cholesterol and actual adverse event is just a correlation.

ddjd

can one person link to a product that has the so called "correct" vitamin d?

Mauritio

It looks like policosanols were touted beneficial by Cuban manufacturers, trying to promote and sell the stuff with most positive evidence coming from them. American, German, Croatian, and researchers in Netherland could not find benefit in ~8 week trial period. Not saying anything definitive here, just something to note. These studies were about cholesterol, triglyceride and overall lipid lowering effects which without analysis of mechanism, doesn't tell you entirely if it's good or bad. Not to mention, blood cholesterol and actual adverse event is just a correlation.
But those studies didn't say anything about policosanols ability to replace PUFA right? And I think that would be the reason most would take it , as that's what peat talked about.

J

jb116

But those studies didn't say anything about policosanols ability to replace PUFA right? And I think that would be the reason most would take it , as that's what peat talked about.
Yes that's correct, as I mentioned in my original post it's based on cholesterol and blood lipids, and that itself is a mere correlation. However I wanted to bring that to light in case anybody else could find loose correlations about the pufa replacement as well.

Mauritio

Yes that's correct, as I mentioned in my original post it's based on cholesterol and blood lipids, and that itself is a mere correlation. However I wanted to bring that to light in case anybody else could find loose correlations about the pufa replacement as well.
Fair enough

In an email RP said topically dosage would need to be 20x or more the amount. A dropper full of 1000iu per drop is about 20 drops. So I’m hopefully getting 5-10k IU at once with my method.

Taking it orally is the most researched administration;the literature has most information only pertaining to this use-form.It is very safe and has biological plausibility and precedence,Animal-Based Foods which contain modest amounts of it.Some Animals have it in their coat,and shlickshlick,after solar irradiation,a handy oral D3-supplement.

So Jews are a religion and not a race, ok got it. Is that why Hitler supposedly targeted them? Because they were white people with a different religion?! Wtf is wrong with people

The true enemy of the people,White & POC, was and is the Monarchy and its undeserving spirit of hierachy,an envious,enslaving,ridiculous demanding,degenerate People,which used german elite-workers,the Jews,as scapegoats for the insane hardship after WW I,which was caused by these Clowns.Hitler and others fell for the #memes of their times,not unlike today,thus being deluded into the Zionist Conspiracy,which was a Monarchist Conspiracy with changed Numberplates.Hitler and others of the NSDAP did not develop the Anti-Jew sentiment fully on their own,but built upon the available misinformation,being partly tricked into it themselves.

gabys225

Stearyl alcohol: also known as 1-octadecanol

Policosanol's main aliphatic alcohol: Octacosanol

I wonder if it's something similar to defibron (which resists metabolism because the fatty acids are methylated), maybe this product acts in a similar way where it resists metabolism and conversion to energy (maybe because it's an aliphatic alcohol, although I am frankly just guessing) and this is able to exert long lasting effects.

It's all very interesting, considering policosanol is usually dosed anywhere from 10-25 mg's, quite small compared to the amount of stearic acid that some of us fellow forum folk strive to ingest.

It seems like if these long chain fatty alcohols are going to displace a lifetime of PUFA accumulation, you'd need a lot more than 10-25 mg a day, but I'm just speculating.

Maybe someone else who has a better idea can chime in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals