Juicing Pointless ?

Waremu

No. Ray is a fan of fruit juice (such as orange juice). Fresh juice is probably the best quality you can get, as many juices tend to have additives, etc.

tara

uuy8778yyi said:
is fresh juice just useless in the long term ?
Juicing what?

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

celery

spinach

kale

apples

etc

or are the yfull of oxalic acid and other stuff

Zachs

Fruit juice is elixir of life! Veggie juice, not so much. Herbs can have medicinal qualities though.

Xisca

I thought that eating the whole fruit was better, so that it takes more time for sugar to reach the blood stream regularly, and not all at once!

Don't we want a regular intake of sugar to avoid hyper and thenn hypo glycemia?

mt_dreams

Xisca said:
I thought that eating the whole fruit was better, so that it takes more time for sugar to reach the blood stream regularly, and not all at once!

Don't we want a regular intake of sugar to avoid hyper and thenn hypo glycemia?

Fruit does not contain enough glucose to really have a huge impact on insulin. The diff b/w juicing 1 orange, and eating that orange whole has no difference on the glycemic load. This is b/c orange juice contains the soluble fiber & protein from the orange which is slowing things down enough, so the only thing it's missing is the insoluble fiber. So a whole orange would provide say 9g of sugar, 1g of protein, & 2 grams of both soluble & insoluble fiber. Remove the 2 grams of insoluble fiber and it is now a juice. Orange juice with fiber contains some of the 2 grams of insoluble fiber.

When it comes to starches which are pure glucose, making sure to eat with fiber/protein/fat is quite crucial to regulating insulin.

The reason Ray does not advocate eating whole fruit is b/c the fiber is problematic for people who have unhealthy guts. He has pointed out that cooking fruits whole will help break down insoluble fiber making it more digestible. insoluble fiber may also lead to the feeding of bacteria in the colon. And most people don't need more than a couple of grams of fiber a day for it to do its job.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

I personally avoid fruit because it is hard to get in my area and my teeth problems

getting my carbs from ice cream and potatoes and yams

Xisca

Ok, my guts accept fruits and raw salads, but no way they can accept any starch! I become "5moonths pregnant" in 1 day...!

Also, I live in a place and a way that I can afford spitting the fiber as monkeys!
(yes, they were the first juicers!)

I am not a nice guess for a high standard restaurant haha!

Waynish

There must be some benefits of veggie juice used medicinally. Would be helpful to read it through the lens of Peat instead of dismissing it as an entire category. Certain people experience benefits from kale juice, for example. We can probably generalize and say that fruit juices are better than veggie juices...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals