Juices - bottled vs fresh

Mark2020

I’ve been “Peating” for almost a decade now. I’ve applied every known Peat principal, backwards and forwards, over and over. Used myself as a guinea pig.

With that said, one word of advice for those who might be struggling - stay away from bottled juices. They’re dead, lifeless, and potentially very problematic for those not in a pristine state of health.

Fresh, raw juices will make or break your success on this diet. Hands down. Drink a lot of them, you’ll be in robust health. Stick to store bought bottled OJ, apple, and grape juices, your body isn’t going to be pleased.

Out of anything I ever did on this diet for myself, one of the greatest things I ever did for myself was to purchase a juicer and make fresh juice every day.

I juiced an entire pineapple this morning. 50 ounces of succulent, life giving juice. Yesterday morning, I juiced 3 lbs of organic red grapes. Apple/Beet gets the liver moving. Celery juice is highly alkalizing and makes me have incredible endurance, and digestion. You can’t beat the delicious taste of fresh orange juice, juiced with the white rind and all. Tastes like an orange creamsicle.

So friends, there’s my two cents. Fresh juices. Watch your health and vitality transform. Just an FYI, my body temperature increased more from juicing every day, than anything else I ever did for my health.

Low fat, high fruit sugar, plenty of dairy that agrees with your digestive system, a little meat and a few eggs here and there. Occasional seafood if you like it (I don’t). And you have yourself some terrific health.

I’ve been “Peating” for almost a decade now. I’ve applied every known Peat principal, backwards and forwards, over and over. Used myself as a guinea pig.

With that said, one word of advice for those who might be struggling - stay away from bottled juices. They’re dead, lifeless, and potentially very problematic for those not in a pristine state of health.

Fresh, raw juices will make or break your success on this diet. Hands down. Drink a lot of them, you’ll be in robust health. Stick to store bought bottled OJ, apple, and grape juices, your body isn’t going to be pleased.

Out of anything I ever did on this diet for myself, one of the greatest things I ever did for myself was to purchase a juicer and make fresh juice every day.

I juiced an entire pineapple this morning. 50 ounces of succulent, life giving juice. Yesterday morning, I juiced 3 lbs of organic red grapes. Apple/Beet gets the liver moving. Celery juice is highly alkalizing and makes me have incredible endurance, and digestion. You can’t beat the delicious taste of fresh orange juice, juiced with the white rind and all. Tastes like an orange creamsicle.

So friends, there’s my two cents. Fresh juices. Watch your health and vitality transform. Just an FYI, my body temperature increased more from juicing every day, than anything else I ever did for my health.

Low fat, high fruit sugar, plenty of dairy that agrees with your digestive system, a little meat and a few eggs here and there. Occasional seafood if you like it (I don’t). And you have yourself some terrific health.
Great advice Mark2020! I juiced a pineapple last weekend and apples on another day, what a wonderful feeling. I never feel like that on bottled juices!

Ben.

If i had a juicer i'd totally do that.

Only own a citruspress and not only is it alot of work pressing the oranges, in terms of money it is ridicliously expensive. One would think homemade stuff is cheaper but damn ... for a full glass i need like 5-6 oranges if i compare it to the "direct cold pressed, nonpasteurized" glass bottle at my store i can buy like 3-4 times the amount of "juice" in comparison.

But i agree, fresh made juice in terms of quality and taste is unbeatable ... maybe i make myself a christmas present this year and get me a juicer.

OP
Mark2020

Mark2020

Only own a citruspress and not only is it alot of work pressing the oranges, in terms of money it is ridicliously expensive. One would think homemade stuff is cheaper but damn ... for a full glass i need like 5-6 oranges if i compare it to the "direct cold pressed, nonpasteurized" glass bottle at my store i can buy like 3-4 times the amount of "juice" in comparison.

But i agree, fresh made juice in terms of quality and taste is unbeatable ... maybe i make myself a christmas present this year and get me a juicer.

OP
Mark2020

Mark2020

I don’t know what your budget is, but you don’t need to buy a very expensive juicer. I’ve done plenty well with a $60 Hamilton Beach juicer. I’ve had a $500 juicer, and as low as a $30 juicer. And I haven’t noticed that much of a difference.

Just getting the fresh juices in you, anyway you can, is the most important thing. Also, it IS slightly more expensive with oranges. But other juices, it’s actually cheaper. It cost me $1.99 to juice 50 ounces of fresh pineapple. That’s cheaper than buying dole pineapple in the can.

I don’t put any price on my health. I can compromise in other areas of my life, as long as I feel good day in and day out. Because me feeling super healthy, leads to a happier, more abundant life.

equipoise

I totally understand where you're coming from in terms of orange price. I've found this really ripe Valencia's for 1€/kg, but I still need 3 kilos daily.
However, my workaround is, pick the fruit that is ripe and readily available and cheap (summer means cheapest, sweetest watermelons and honeydew melons) and have a glass of OJ in the morning with milk. But even if I were to juice 3 kilos of oranges daily, I save up on the other things right. Having a beer from the store is 1€, and I used to go through 7 or 8 these daily. Go reckon the price difference. But since we're talking about food here, we often shoot ourselves in the foot and think how expensive something is. What @Mark2020 said - I don't put a price on health, as long as I know it's making me happier and a better person/son/husband

scrubolio

what juicer do you recommend? i almost pulled the trigger on a norwalk or pure juicer…

what juicer do you recommend? i almost pulled the trigger on a norwalk or pure juicer…
I have gone through two Mr. Juicer machines and am liking this one now.

Attachments

• 20210619_105859.jpg
    20210619_105859.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 63

Hgreen56

good luck getting only carbs from real fruit if you need to eat 500+ gr carbs a day
mission impossible.

OP
Mark2020

Mark2020

good luck getting only carbs from real fruit if you need to eat 500+ gr carbs a day
mission impossible.
Why do you “need” 500g of carbs a day? And why would that be an issue with fruit? It’s actually rather easy.

Sweet Meat

buying a masticating juicer was probably the single greatest thing i did for my health

potato juice, celery juice, apple juice, orange juice and blueberry juice...staples every day. i particularly love how potato juice curbs protein cravings and orange juice curbs everything else.

buying a masticating juicer was probably the single greatest thing i did for my health

potato juice, celery juice, apple juice, orange juice and blueberry juice...staples every day. i particularly love how potato juice curbs protein cravings and orange juice curbs everything else.
You drink potato juice raw?

Sweet Meat

I have gone through two Mr. Juicer machines and am liking this one now.
same as mine ^_^

when i first got it i thought cleaning it would be a chore but it's become so much a part of my routine that i can juice oranges and kiwis for breakfast, then potatoes for lunch and the starchy potato fiber cleans the orange and kiwi out of the filter for me, making the whole thing practically effortless

i never thought i'd latch onto a juice diet but it's incredible how different fresh juice is to store bought. i'm still a bit on the fence with regarding milk but the only thing i actually crave beyond juice now, is a steak every now and then

I like the one i have now beause it REALLY gets the starch and fiber out of the fruits and potatoes, more than The Mr. Juicer ones I had, and it's much easier to clean too. Have you made that RP potato juice scramble?

I saw this one and the darkness of it did not look right to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-125421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-125421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 35

Sweet Meat

I like the one i have now beause it REALLY gets the starch and fiber out of the fruits and potatoes, more than The Mr. Juicer ones I had, and it's much easier to clean too. Have you made that RP potato juice scramble?

i am not sure what the scramble is. sometimes i boil half a kilo of baby potatoes and mix the juice in, making a big mash of dense nutrition. i think starch is fine so long as it's cooked, but the problem is that boiling it tends to burn the pan so i prefer filtering it out of the juice
No seasoning?
maybe a little salt. oddly, i used to be immune to the taste of salt. people wouldn't eat my food cuz i "over salted" it, yet could barely taste it

now, a pinch is almost too much in the juice so i think this is a good sign that potassium/sodium is balancing out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals