Juicer For Green Leafy That Seperates All Fiber

Hi

Are there choices of juicers that really extract the nutrients in green leafy and seperate t the fiber. This must be potent cause i will not be adding water. Just lots of green.

or slow boiling is the way to go?

OP
HealthisWealth
@Inaut @boris

im only familiar with blender. Will check those masticating juicers.

3-4minutes doesnt look well extracted. What im thinking is to create pure extracted green leafy from juicing without adding water.

boris

Masticating juicer should work, people use that for wheatgrass.

I think 3-4 minutes is enough for the beneficial minerals to seep out of the water. When I cook it longer I get that uncomfortable feeling on my teeth (oxalates?), longer cooking time seems to extract more toxins.
I do the regular broth method and then cook it down to my desired strength, you can make it as concentrated as you want that way.

OP
HealthisWealth
@boris

I have experience that uncomfortable feeling around the teeth when using malunggay greens.

But with sweet potato leaves i really slow cook with really miniscule fire from the burner. For around 30minutes the liquid will turn to a thick like broth. No uncomfortable symptoms so far.

by the way the malunggay greens i also slow cooked at 30minutes and its still watery.

the level of water i use around 6 to 8oz. The sweet potato leaves 24 stalks. I did not count the leaves but i think its more than 50.

will check the appliance store for masticating juicer. I really want to experiement how many leaves to produce an 8oz sweet potato leaves. Im so focus on food magnesium at the moment.

Gone Peating

Masticating juicer should work, people use that for wheatgrass.

I think 3-4 minutes is enough for the beneficial minerals to seep out of the water. When I cook it longer I get that uncomfortable feeling on my teeth (oxalates?), longer cooking time seems to extract more toxins.
I do the regular broth method and then cook it down to my desired strength, you can make it as concentrated as you want that way.

I thought it was the other way around... Peat recommends boiling for like an hour to extract all the minerals and using a pinch of baking soda to neutralize oxalic acid.

Also I thought the boiling destroys most of the phytoestrogens... I could be totally wrong tho

boris

I thought it was the other way around... Peat recommends boiling for like an hour to extract all the minerals and using a pinch of baking soda to neutralize oxalic acid.

Never heard of that, will definitely try it out!

boris

@Gone Peating This is the quote I referred to:

Nitric Oxide, KMUD 2014
[on magnesium sources]
RP: Fruit juices and coffee. I think if you want a really intense source you can boil leaves like kale or beet greens or something just for two or three minutes, and the green water that comes out quickly is very concentrated in magnesium and calcium. That's a very, pretty safe supplement. Coffee and fruit juices are practical and something you can do every day.

MJ m176p Panasonic

Attachments

• images (74).jpeg
    images (74).jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
HealthisWealth
is this a maticating juicer or what? We have this in the house. Im not sure if its still working.

kw-4203.jpg

Gone Peating

@Gone Peating This is the quote I referred to:

Nitric Oxide, KMUD 2014
[on magnesium sources]
RP: Fruit juices and coffee. I think if you want a really intense source you can boil leaves like kale or beet greens or something just for two or three minutes, and the green water that comes out quickly is very concentrated in magnesium and calcium. That's a very, pretty safe supplement. Coffee and fruit juices are practical and something you can do every day.

Interesting! That should save me an hour of cooking then! Thank you

DrJ

The boiling is probably easier, but if you blend things up pretty fine in some water and wait a while, a lot of the fiber will float to the top and you can spoon it off.

yerrag

I'm not sure why you'd want to take away the fiber from leafy greens. Boiling the leaves well (about 20 minutes) will give you soggy leaves that doesn't taste as good and as crunchy. But it will give you plenty of magnesium and calcium as long as you don't throw away the water it's boiled in. I'll put that water into good use by using it to make rice.

Why throw away the fiber? This fiber is insoluble, and it helps cart away endotoxins to the feces.

The main problem with boiled leafy greens is the terrible taste and texture. It took awhile for me to get used to it. I'd make a salad of it like the Ilocanos (from the Philippine Northern provinces) mixing it with vinegar, chopped tomatoes and onions. This is now the only vegetable I eat. It's low-cost and it's pesticide-free, as the pests don't generally like to eat leaves except on season, when the caterpillar roams. But still, the caterpillars don't seem to like the leaves I eat.

Gone Peating

I'm not sure why you'd want to take away the fiber from leafy greens. Boiling the leaves well (about 20 minutes) will give you soggy leaves that doesn't taste as good and as crunchy. But it will give you plenty of magnesium and calcium as long as you don't throw away the water it's boiled in. I'll put that water into good use by using it to make rice.

Why throw away the fiber? This fiber is insoluble, and it helps cart away endotoxins to the feces.

The main problem with boiled leafy greens is the terrible taste and texture. It took awhile for me to get used to it. I'd make a salad of it like the Ilocanos (from the Philippine Northern provinces) mixing it with vinegar, chopped tomatoes and onions. This is now the only vegetable I eat. It's low-cost and it's pesticide-free, as the pests don't generally like to eat leaves except on season, when the caterpillar roams. But still, the caterpillars don't seem to like the leaves I eat.

Kale and chard give me bad gas

yerrag

Kale and chard give me bad gas

Haven't had those. I have carrot tops, convolvus, basella alba (alugbati in Filipino) mostly.

Did you eat them well-cooked? Like really cooked by simmering in water for about 20 minutes?

Inaut

@yerrag how does the rice taste using water from boiled greens? I guess it's a way of naturally "fortifying" white rice (if it's pleasant to taste)

yerrag

@yerrag how does the rice taste using water from boiled greens? I guess it's a way of naturally "fortifying" white rice (if it's pleasant to taste)
It has no taste at all, at least for me. If it does have a taste, it is very muted. The rice would have a greenish or purple tint, depending on the leafy green used.